Bagatelle pour une Paysanne - Op. 58
Uploaded on Aug 3, 2019
Edit 04/08-2019: Final chords have been slightly changed and the highlighted left hand I decided was a technical challenge, but a musical wonder, especially take notice of the left-hand melody in the last few bars.
I also realized I made a silly mistake of not giving back what I borrowed: the last bar is now worth 2/3 as I borrowed 1/3 from the anacrusis.
The title is meant to evoke a certain atmosphere and/or thought and is in no way meant to be dedicated to any girl. *Thanks to Christopher Constance for the title
A few days ago, I was wondering about what could make the shortest piece possible? Well, the structural foundations need to obviously be kept in order to be able to name it a ''piece''. I posted the discussion in Musescore composers.https://musescore.com/groups/musescore-composers/discuss/5045563
Naturally, a heated debate ensued, but we could almost all agree upon that a piece was something more than the notes and phrase(s) contained.
Philosophically some may say that a piece can consist of whatever you want, as long as it's music and since music can be any sound which communicates, then a piece can be a note spanning half a second. But, that would be a reductio ad absurdum. Because a piece is more than the sum of its parts, it's not like one can name the components of a piece and say ''that's it''.
It's not possible to use language to accurately pinpoint what exactly makes a piece but to use a metaphor, I would like it to painting. A piece of painting is one or more strokes of the brush on a canvas which communicates something to those who see the painting. Likewise, a piece of music may be defined as one or more notes strung together on a piece of staff paper which communicates something of the composer?
Ultimately, music is its own thing. When people try to compare it with colours, shapes, other languages or art forms, it's not going to be music anymore. Just like one word in a language that has a specific meaning and it becomes impossible to translate it precisely.
|Privacy||Everyone can see this score|
|License||None (All rights reserved)|
This score appears in:
- MuseScore Composers (group)
- The Score Advice Group (group)
- Groups that love Minor Chords!!!!! (group)
- Anything really (group)
- Always Learning (group)
- Critique and Reviews. (group)
- Original Classical Composers Club (group)
- Original Compositions (group)
- Amateur Composers (group)
- Get Your Music Heard! (group)
- All Compositions Allowed (group)
- Piano (group)
- Piano Compositions (group)
- High School Composers (group)
- Short pieces for piano (group)
- Appreciating Classical Music (group)
- Young Composers of the World (group)
- Self-taught Composers (group)
- Sonatas, Sonatinas, Concertos, Suites, Fugas, Waltzes and Symphonies (group)