I received an email sent at 8:15am about one of my scores "When You Wish Upon A Star" being taken down for copyright infringement.
To be specific, it is my arrangement of the song for piano from the Disney movie Pinocchio. The licensing under this score is "Attribution" due to the fact that it's my arrangement of the song and I do not want anyone to claim the specific arrangement as their own, not the original song itself. The reason I am bringing up the licensing is because I'm not clear on whether the copyright strike is because of
1) my score is based off a popular song
2) the incorrect licensing
3) or a software glitch (as mentioned by Mike in another discussion post on this forum)
If it's possible, I can always change it to public domain. This is my first time receiving this notice, so I am unaware of what exactly happened. I'm hoping this can be settled and one of the staff members can take away this strike and make my score public again.
Also if anyone can educate me about whether I did the right thing about licensing my score as "Attribution" I'd greatly appreciate it.
Iv'e been wanting to play with another cellist (Im a cellist myself) online. I don't really know anyone I can play duet pieces with so I wanted to know if anyone was available. Tell me if you're interested! BTW im a 16 year old cellist.
Let's play a game similar to the "word game" where you go down the alphabet saying words such as
but instead we only do musical terms or references.
Once again my composition Minnesota has been taken down due to alleged copyright infringement. And once again without any explanation as to what I am supposed to have "stolen". To my knowledge I have written this piece myself from scratch and therefore I'm of course very surprised that someone claims that I've used someone else's work.
The last time this happened I recieved a notification that it was a mistake on your behalf and you even apologized for the mishap.
Is this yet another mistake or is there actually a piece that sounds just like mine?
If there is I would like to know where to find it so I can listen to it. (Maybe someone has actually stolen my piece of music?)
if you could go back in time and kill one person, would you?
(me personally i would absolutely not do it but i wanna see if anyone would and why)
If Satan is the Father of All Lies, and everything he says is a lie, then if he says "I am lying." Is he lying that he's lying, and therefore telling the truth? But if he tells the truth, then the truth is that he is lying.
If God is omnipotent, can he create a stone so big that even he can't move it?
Swiss cheese has holes.
The more pieces of cheese you have, the more holes you have.
The more holes you have, the less cheese you have.
Thus, the more cheese you have, the less cheese you have.
What'd you think?
For Pete's sake let's talk about Music.!!!! (and no hijacking to talk about silliness, mentioning no names.....Chinadoll.!!!
remember when this was a thing
Hi! I'm fairly new to transcribing and I was wondering how you can write broken chords like in this tune:
I really love listening to instrumental soundtrack when I write on my book. My favorite's are: Pride and Prejudice, Pirates of the Caribbean (first three movies), and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.
Do you have any suggests of new soundtracks that you like?
Does anyone want to write a collaborative symphony where we write separate movements but fit within an idea and a theme? HELP STILL WANTED!
Here is how we are going to do it, we will come up with a theme or an opening melody, which will we will have our movements based on. Once completed we will compose our movements, and when we're done, I will put them together and all people who participated will uploaded it with credits given.
Inspired the game over at MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1518596), let's count upwards and see how far we can go until a count breaker (listed below) comments and makes us start over.
(The title is kept for historical significance. Count breakers were Pro users with 200+ followers in Season 1)
- A player may only post once every 24 hours** or after another player has posted, whichever comes first.
- A post by a count breaker (listed below) restarts the count (that post is 0).
- The count must go up in order (no missing numbers).
- A counter who holds the last post of a run of at least 10 becomes a place holder.
- A counter can only hold one place at a time. If they win a run that is higher than their record on the board, their record is updated; otherwise, the run is ignored and not placed.***
- Top 3 place holders become count breakers next season (this includes staff).
- The season restarts every 12 pages.
- A run is allowed to spill into the next season, up to a maximum of one page. The new count breakers start as soon as the count is broken or when the count reaches the second page, whichever comes first.*
- MuseScore staff (those with the "staff" badge) count as normal, but they can additionally nullify a count breaker's 0 post and turning it into a regular count post by posting immediately after it (i.e. with no post in between). The staff's post should be x+2, where x is the number in the post immediately before the count was broken.****
* Introduced in Season 3
** Introduced in Season 6
*** Introduced in Season 7
**** Introduced in Season 10
As a courtesy, if your post is wrong because someone posted before you, edit your post instead of deleting it.
Current Season: Season 10
Next Season: Page 121
Count breakers for Season 10:
- Aqueous Humourati
Example (* means a count breaker, ** means staff):
1. A: 1
2. B: 2
3. C: 3
4. D*: 0
5. C: 1
6. E*: 0 :P
7: F**: 3 :P :P
8: A: 4
... and so on.
Records for Season 10 (records start at 10):
1. Jaybird1, 25: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=114#comment-5009596
2. LeptuneX, 17: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=113#comment-5002045
3. Pianodudette, 16: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=115#comment-5019201
4. Kenobunny, 15: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=113#comment-5003587
5. tPenguinLTG, 13: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=111#comment-4995533
All-time record: 630, mike320 (Season 4): https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=49#comment-3297911
Records for Season 1: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=13#comment-2905856
Records for Season 2: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=25#comment-3227841
Records for Season 3: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=37#comment-3290251
Records for Season 4: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=50#comment-3297916
Records for Season 5: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=61#comment-4241411
Records for Season 6: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=74#comment-4877543
Records for Season 7: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=85#comment-4925782
Records for Season 8: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=97#comment-4948484
Records for Season 9: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=109#comment-4980393
I'll start: 1
Hi! I love composing classical music, so I would greatly appreciate it if you would take a look at some of my work. My songs didn't upload perfectly on here, so if you are going to print them out to perform, I'd recommend that you use the Piano Shelf links as my pdfs uploaded 100% perfectly.