The one day I'm actually on, and all of you seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.... *sigh*
lightning just struck 0.2 miles from my house....
me no liky storms.
I'm going to one in 3 days, sooo what's your funniest amusement park memory?
is it looming in front of us?
The Evil Organization Ultimate Guitar has already taken over musescore and has changed the website and caused it to be glitchy and messed up the program too. It will not stop until all of the MS Kingdom has been vanquished. Shall we let them kill the one thing we know we have left? (our cheese pizzas *insert surprised pikachu face here* jk)
Anyway I ask all of you to bear with me. We must fight Back against this monstrosity.
We need to advertise this group somehow. We need to be active somehow. We gotta show the devs that no matter how much they might try to hide us, we will never be hidden :o we gotta show our friends that hope is not lost :O
PLEASE PEOPLE BEFORE YOU GO INTO YOUR LAST DEATH THRALLS STAND WITH ME IN THIS GREATEST FINAL BATTLE OF GOOD AND EVIL.
the time has come.
for me to unleash my ultimate power.
(roleplay spam cause I can't just spam anymore like I used to cause I don't wanna get banned. I do that too well apparently)
(Continuing the bandwagon started by Amot3kun)
What's your least favorite food? Mine is pickles.
Feel free to put on more than 3 games.
If you absolutely have to, you can put on Nintendo.
My favorite are,
1. Bendy and the Ink Machine
Don't judge me for playing Roblox
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Splatoon 2
3. Paper Mario Wii
4.. Super Mario Galaxy
Does anyone know of some way to study counterpoint in a more understandable and approachable fashion, aside from studying Bach's scores which I already do for fun.
only intellectuals say Chrollo and Meruem
Alright, so I've been seeing that the activity in this group has been going down - so I wanted to introduce something to help spice things up!
It has in fact been 3 months since the last contest, the I N T E R E S T I N G challenge, was introduced, so it's about time we do our 4th contest!
(mnmwert will still get his full month with the congratulatory group banner and links to his profile/music in the description as he was promised, though, so the winner will be announced on or after July 19th).
So! A brief introduction to what this challenge will be about: so you know those really popular New Age piano solos (and sometimes epic orchestral pieces) floating around everywhere - the ones that are usually captioned as "epic", "beautiful", "inspirational", etc. Though they are indeed very beautiful, something I've begun to gripe about is that probably way too many of them tend to have the same chord progression, vi-IV-I-V, throughout the entire piece. Some examples include: River Flows in You by Yiruma, Nuvole Bianche by Einaudi, and My World by Florian Bur. They're all beautiful piano pieces in my opinion, buuut the chord progression used all the way through these pieces isn't very original at all :P
I've thought for a while now that I should make one of these cliche "inspirational" piano pieces just for the sake of making fun of them - similar to what I did with my 3-note song in making fun of pop. I feel like it's a fun twist as well, since now, instead of making fun of a genre that I don't like or listen to, and is made fun of by stereotypical "music snobs", I'm making fun of the very genre I listen to, enjoy and compose in on a regular basis. And I thought, wouldn't this be fun for the rest of RSA to try this too? Soooooo.....
You are to compose a two-minute piano solo that uses the chord progression vi-IV-I-V throughout its entirety. Pretty simple :P After this challenge, I'll probably even upload my own go at this challenge and link the contest and everyone's submissions in its description :P
1. You MUST use vi-IV-I-V, and ONLY vi-IV-I-V. You may not substitute any chords; it has to be those four repeating over and over. The only exception is that you can end the piece on a chord other than V :P
2. You MUST write a piano solo. Just trying to put a limit on the instrumentation this time so we can see how everyone does when working with the same instrument (and judges aren't biased by people who have more time on their hands than others and write a massive orchestral work).
3. The piece must be NEWLY COMPOSED. Cause there's a pretty big chance that more than one of you has written one of these piano pieces already :P
4. Your piece has to be playable. For those that don't play piano - a typical pianist can comfortably reach the interval of a 9th or a 10th, and a typical "large chord" is 4 notes (5-note chords for one hand in piano music exist, but aren't that common).
5. You can write in whatever style you wish. I know I talked about New Age piano pieces, but as long as you use the chord progression I specified, you can write in whatever style you want.
6. Your piece should be around 2 mins long. You will lose a point if your piece is under 1:40 or over 2:20.
7. Modulations and inversions of chords are allowed, but modulations must be spaced at least 16 bars apart so vi-IV-I-V is established (and repeated) in the new key before it changes again.
A bonus point will be awarded to the first submission, but keep in mind that if you rush it, you might lose points in other areas.
A bonus point will also be awarded if you manage to make your piece exactly 2 minutes and 0 seconds. I will be judging this by looking at the time indication on your score description (if it goes even one second over/under, you don't get the point :P)
The winner will have their name and score link in RSA's Hall of Fame, have their profile and winning score linked at the top of this group's description for a month, and have the group banner changed to congratulate them for a month.
The deadline is July 5th.
If any of you want to be judges, comment below. The first two people who say they want to be judges will get to be judges.
Have fun, guys! And may RSA revive! :D
I really love listening to instrumental soundtrack when I write on my book. My favorite's are: Pride and Prejudice, Pirates of the Caribbean (first three movies), and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.
Do you have any suggests of new soundtracks that you like?
Come on let's get back to normal
Hallo, Jeg er Taylor Caskey, og jeg snakker Norsk. Norsk er et interessant og morsomt språk, og det ligner på svensk, dansk, færøysk og islandsk.
I'm not going to be as active anymore.
I'M NOT LEAVING! I just don't have the time to be on here as much but I will try to come on like once every other day.
I know you're all sick of the 'I'm leaving' discussions and the 'not going to be as active' ones.
But I wanted to give you a heads up.