Quite few compositions in this group seem to be about various types of critters -toads, mosquitoes, birds, horses, does sponge bob count as a critter?- do let's have a new exciting contest. You are invited to submit your original critter composition, about any creature you want, as many entries as you want. First, second, and third place winners will be announced after Dec 15. Doesn't this sound exciting? It should since we already have some really great pieces that are of course automatically entered into the contest. As always, we like music that is funny and silly so get those compositions entered and good luck to all.
BarryP in the de-composers group posted a discussion pointing us to a great Youtube vid interpretation of the famous C# minor prelude featuring Harpo Marx. Thought I would pass this along for others to enjoy as well. enjoy.thanks BaryP
New contest 7-18-14
Ok, admittedly, the last contest was a fiasco but this is a real contest, honest. There will be no reanimated judges, no secret invisible winning compositions, no fake winning free trip to a tropical paradise. Instead, here is the deal:
1. only compositions that are actually visible to all can be submitted and entered.
2. The administrator chinadoll (who will not be allowed to enter the contest) will be the sole judge.
3. Entries must be original compositions.
4. Each person entering may submit multiple compositions.
5. Any composition either already posted or newly posted between 7-18 and 10-31 may be entered. to enter, just post a composition or request that one already posted be entered.
6. Entries will be judged based on originality/novelty, humor, silliness, and fun.
7. All compositions will receive a detailed critique of at 30-50 words in length (if that matters to you) by the administrator
8. The prize for the winner will be the honor of winning.
9. The contest will end 10-31-14 and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced at this site shortly thereafter.
10. of course, all this is assuming anyone actually enters the contest...
I am not sure if my songs actually fit into this category; if they do, I will be happy to upload them ;-)
This is probably my favorite group. What about you? :)
I am new comer in this MuseScore group. I am a piano learner and learning this MuseScore software. I am composing a song with the software but I am quite not sure that the sound font I used (the MuseScore default sound font) is the most suitable one to the actual grand piano. Is anybody can help me in this matter?
Hello; I am currently trying to write a fourth piano concerto (which will be the first uploaded here), but I am having somewhat of trouble in several areas... I have written several fragments of it, but cannot get any coherency or particular interest. I am increasingly busy, and so I offer the fragments I've written to whomsoever wishes to use them to write their own concerto with my beginnings.
If you wish to use anything there, you may... I haven't got the energy to finish it...
There are many good ones out there...
But they do not have competitions very often.
You have constraints and rules you have to follow. Sometimes it is as easy as writing a dissonant Minuet, sometimes it might be as challenging (for some people) as writing a Fugue. So come on! Enter your first competition! The winner (whoever recieves the most votes) will be moderator/co administer to the group until the winner of the second competition wins! Hurry! Deadline is August 8!
Nice to meet you; I've put on MS a couple of transcription for db. Do you think they have some sense?