I recently finished writing a chamber piece for flute, oboe, and harp. I'm hoping to enter it in a competition this fall, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Hello fellow strings i just wanted to say hi and im not too advanced on violin but i hope to learn something from you guys😊
Hey all! I'm going to audition for my local junior orchestra in the fall, and need some advice... here are the requirements:
- A solo or piece of your choosing that fully demonstrates your finest playing, such as a piece you are working on in lessons or a piece you performed with your school
- A classical concerto for your instrument of your choice
- Major scales and arpeggios up to four flats and sharps
- Melodic minor scales and arpeggios up to four sharps and flats
I have the last four down, I just need help finding a solo piece. If any of you have any suggestions, i'm in need!
I just wanted to share that a (not great) engraving I made of Vivaldi's cello concerto RV 407 years ago (when I had been doing music for only three years) is being used in this professional performance, as I managed to deduce after peering at the first violin part on the concert master's desk:
This is pretty cool, because I made that score and made it freely available on IMSLP so that it might be played more often. It used to be on musescore.com too, long ago, but if I upload it now then the playback and layout are all different. Anyway, here is the IMSLP link:
Before musescore came up with the way to directly upload custom audio, going through Youtube was the only way to be sure the piece you post on musescore had the sound that you want others to hear. I have used that method. It is not as simple as uploading custom audio and does require a few more steps. Going through Youtube should work with the mp3 that you get from your buddy. The way to do it is as follows:
1. First you need a way to make a video. I have Movavi Video Editor.
I import my mp3 sound into the video editor. I also need a jpg picture to go with the mp3. Then, I click on export video
as an mp4.
2. Next I upload my mp4 to youtube at https://www.youtube.com/upload
and publish the uploaded video at youtube for public viewing. Be sure to copy the link they give you for your
3. Then upload your score at musescore. At this point, it won't have the right sound.
4. When you look at your uploaded score online at musescore score, you need to click on the three dots on the upper right of the page. This brings up a dropdown menu. Click on "manage audio sources." Click on this and a page comes up that gives you the option to "add an audio track." Click on this.
5. A page comes up that prompts you for your youtube URL, so enter it.
6. This should attach your Youtube video to the score. Be sure click on save at the bottom. You also have the option of having the video shown or hidden with just the audio sound associated with your score.
7. Now when you look at your score on musescore, it should indicate that it has a video attached. My https://musescore.com/user/127542/scores/5536063 has a youtube video attached, for instance.
8. And if all these steps aren't enough, guess what, sometimes it doesn't work and you need to start all over again.
I know it is cumbersome but as far as I know, this is really the only way to make sure your listeners hear that mp3 quality sound when they look at your score.
Iv'e been wanting to play with another cellist (Im a cellist myself) online. I don't really know anyone I can play duet pieces with so I wanted to know if anyone was available. Tell me if you're interested! BTW im a 16 year old cellist.
I reached the 50 followers milestone. Now just to finish my 50 follower special composition. I can't promise when it will be done but right now I'm halfway through it.
Hi, my music school just emailed me telling they've made a local Summer Competition which deadline is the 1st of September, basically this competition consist of composing a piece which is 1 to 2min long (it doesn't matter which category eg. Piano solos, Orchestra, etc...), and the winner will win 100 Euro to spend in Music books and a free year of studies.
So i've made this little piano concerto with strings that is about 1:20min long.
Could you tell me in comments what to change/improve and tell me if you liked? That would be really really appreciated! :-)
Updates: Finally finished this Concerto and i'm sincerely so proud of this! Hope this win althought there are very good composers in my school, so yeah let's see for the results in September! Thank you all for the support you gave to me!!
This is fraud company which mislead users by joining on free trial and if they forget enrolled them in 1 year plan non refundable with no option of cancellation .
I have not seen any other company like this in US
I would really like that you check my piece out! https://musescore.com/joelito1980/scores/5621693
Interested to know because I just play the piano.
Hi, my music school just emailed me telling they've made a local Summer Competition which deadline is the 1st of September, basically this competition consist of composing a piece which is 1 to 2min long (it doesn't matter which category eg. Piano solos, Orchestra, etc...), and the winner will win 100 Euro to spend in Music books and a free year of studies. So i've made this little piano concerto with strings that is about 1:20min long.Could you tell me in comments what to change/improve and tell me if you liked? That would be really really appreciated! :-)
I really like heavy metal, but the problem is that theres little to no sheet music for Violin of some heavy metal songs. I especially like Iron Man by Black Sabbath, and in honor of the events that happened in Endgame, I myself made Violin solo sheet music for Iron Man, heres a link:
Please leave a like if you enjoy it :D. If you have any suggestions asto what i should try to do next, please leave a reply :)