does MDL support additional soundfonts? this is pretty much going to determine whether I get it or not.
Hey there! I want to first start off by saying I absolutely love the new MuseScore Drumline Extension! It is amazing! One thing I have noticed, and think should possibly be adjusted sometime in the future, would be a better front ensemble update. I write for indoor drumline and I would love it if the front ensemble sounded a little bit more realistic. I understand that this is mainly a marching percussion update, however I think it would be amazing if things were changed up a bit. I'm sure a lot of other users would be happy too!
Marimba deadstrokes (hard / soft mallets?)
Suspended cymbals / chokes
Gong / gong roll
(Hard / soft mallets for battery?)
Various tribal drums
Loop wind chimes
More sound effects (wind, rain, thunder, etc.)
More synth settings
Anyway, that's all! Thanks so much! 💙
I seem to be having an issue trying to upload a score with MDL sounds... I haven't had this problem until now and I've tried both saving synth to score and save to online in the application. I always get a very long processing screen and then a blank page. The download link also provides only errors, however when I go to update the score the file is there.
Please help! I just upgraded to Musescore 2.3.2. I have been trying to install the MDL extension. It appears to be installing. It will get past "Please wait, loading soundfonts..." then it will sit there for a little while and then Musescore will close. When I open it back up there are only a few soundfonts under Zerberus in the Synthesizer. This last time it loaded MDL_BassLine.sfz, MDL_CymbalLine.sfz, MDL_DrumSet.sfz, MDL_Flubs.sfz, and MDL_Snare.sfz. I have tried to manually add the rest of them and can add a couple, but there are a couple that when I try to add it tells me "Cannot load SoundFont C:/Users/Owner/Documents/MuseScore2/Extensions/mdl/1.1/sfzs/MDL_TenorLine.sfz"
My system requirements far exceed the minimum requirements for the software.
Can someone please help!
I'm having a hard time starting another song. Any ideas on how to start a song?
Please can anyone help me by making the sheet of this beatiful song in sax alto the song is Blue Light Yokohama / Ayumi Ishida please I search in all places but I didnt found it
Ever wanted to get paid just to drum, talk about drumming, think about drumming - all day long?
Do you love technology, internet, social media?
Interested to work in a fast-paced, Rock 'n' Roll environment - literally (company was recently acquired by Ultimate Guitar)?
MuseScore, one of the world’s largest community for musicians, is looking for a Community Manager - Percussion to join our fast-growing team.
- Chops - DCI/WGI level
- Live to drum, love to write for percussion
- Able to work independently, see an opportunity and act
- Able to create a plan and execute against metrics
- Comfortable speaking on camera (instructional video, webcasts, interviews, etc.)
- Proficient with all forms of social media
- Experience with video or audio a definite plus
- Knowledge of all forms of percussion - drum set, concert percussion, keyboard percussion, with a deep knowledge of marching percussion
- University degree is NOT required - we care more about your practical knowledge, skills, creativity
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all percussion-related activities and content on Musescore.com
- Responsible for user growth and increased engagement within percussion segment
- Propose YOUR ideas for innovative solutions to reach goals
- Manage the development of MuseScore Drumline 2.0 (next generation of current product https://musescore.org/en/mdl)
- Be engaged in entire MDL development process - design, built, launch, support
- Manage relationships with percussion brands and influencers
- Have freedom to solve complex tasks and use non-standard approaches.
- Travel to and present at top conferences and events - PASIC, BOA, WGI, DCI, TMEA, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- Get paid well doing something you truly love
- Opportunity to make a major impact in percussion education
- Travel - not only experience life overseas, but regularly return to US for conferences & events
- Opportunity to learn new skills or explore different responsibility on the project. BTW - we have no hierarchy, only responsibilities
- A literal Rock 'n' Roll atmosphere and approach to development
- Beautiful office in the city center and no dress code
- We work differently - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Breakfast, soup, sandwiches served free throughout the day
- Push a button and get a coffee, tea, coke or even a Jack Daniel’s delivered to your desk
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should simply send a brief email outlining their qualifications/experience (full resume/CV optional) to daniel@muses**re.com with subject - Community Manager - Percussion.
Candidates should be prepared for a brief 10-15 minute discussion via FaceTime/Google Meet. Understanding that many potential candidates could likely be currently touring, bandcamping, etc., we can be very flexible in accommodating schedule.
P.S. - Job is located in Europe. Candidates should be prepared to relocate, but with frequent travel to US. Relocation expenses covered by company.
Hi I had a question about audio when you attach a Youtube video to a score, how to hear both the audio from the score and the audio from the Youtube video at the same time? Thank you!
I'm a tenor sax, if any one knows a good creator who puts out tenor sax sheet music that doesn't have it on bass line please let me know. I mostly like playing 80s music
Yeah so I uploaded a score I just started only to find that the MDL sounds don't play on the website. Is there something I need to fix that or are the sounds simply not supported yet on the servers?
I have been struggling with the altissimo notes on alto saxophone. I just can`t seem to play anything above the high d. ( with palm key). if anyone has any suggestion or exercises it would be appreciated.
1.1 was released today.
The balance of sound should be increased if using 2.3.1 and will be VERY increased if using 2.3.2. :-)
PLEASE give feedback for continued improvement. Hope to get another release out within a week or so.
In the next release will be emphasis on making sure all hits are more even and consistent.
Cymbals will, unfortunately, not be addressed in the next release, but all other instruments can be adjusted.
Hey everyone, getting ready to release MDL 1.1 and as part of this have put together the first part of an Official Notation Guide.
It can be found here - https://musescore.com/user/29165763/sets/5097225
This will be followed up with tutorials that explain in more detail the best practices for marching percussion notation.
Tip: If you do not use the MDL templates, be sure to change the musical symbol font to Bravura (Style > General > Score). MDL is ONLY supported in Bravura.
I'm working on the MDL 1.1 update that I'm trying to get out ASAP.
Curious to see any requests that I might be able to sneak in.
Currently in are:
- Increased volume of all instruments and articulation
- Refined notation standard (a few minor improvements - will release with notation guide)
- Improved templates
- Evened out hits a bit across all instruments/articulations (this will be an ongoing effort)
- Fixed issue with adding accents or articulations to buzz/crush/roll
Cymbals and show style tenors are currently placeholder and will be addressed in a future update. Will be recording new samples (only instruments without custom samples).
The plan is to update MDL moving forward on a regular schedule. After 1.1.0 we should plan to update every weekly for the time being.
So, any urgent requests for 1.1?
1) Regarding bass drum unison audio playback (F key) for 5 bass drums - For upcoming MDL updates would it be possible to obtain an audio sample of a 5 bass drum unison hit (as opposed to a 6 bass drum line)? When I write battery scores for 5 bass drums and there's a unison hit, you can definitely hear the bottom bass 6 overtone more than drums 1-5 and the pitch is much lower and beefier on #6 than bass 5.
2) I'm having difficulty getting proper audio playback of 1-to-2 measure Crescendo and Decrescendo (from Piano to Forte). Audio play back simply goes from Piano on 1 bar to Forte the next. Any suggestions on how I can fix that?
Hello! I thought I would share this with you guys really quickly. I set the poem "The Gift to Sing" for SATB choir, and figured you might like to hear it, since the meaning of the poem and the composition is one that many of us live by - there is nothing better or stronger than the gift to sing. :)
I would also love any critiques you would be willing to offer, because there are still a few chords and things here and there that I am unsure about. I know that this piece requires a big range for each vocal part, but I think it should be manageable (at least from a soprano's perspective) - so if you have any thoughts on that as well, I would love them!
This is a really special piece to me, as it is for my old choir director, who is the one who inspired me to pursue music as a career. I would appreciate any and all comments and critiques you have, because I want this to be as good as possible when I give it to her!
Thank you so much! Happy composing and arranging, everyone! :D
Please share what you think of this original piece! Criticism appreciated, but also just looking for general thoughts and opinions.