it's #MusescoreMonday again!!!
Especially for the Christmas we added a lick, written on the music
of 'All I want for Christmas' by Mariah Carey.
Happy drumming and have a great Christmas!
Hello. I'm currently starting a project involving MDL SFZs being compatible with VDL keymaps. Since VDL is probably not going to change, I wanted, to try changing the SFZ of MDL so that MDL playback would match VDL playback with the same keymap. I would like to know if someone else has already started/finished doing this as I have only completed SnareLine Manual as of this post and I would not like to waste my time doing the rest if someone else has already made them. I think it would be a good idea to do this so that people using VDL with MuseScore could get VDL playback with their device and upload the same score and have MDL playback available on the website.
Will we ever see sticking notation for unpitched percussion in the future, similar to what VDL + Finale/Sibelius offers?
I’m talking about text that usually reads R/L that affects playback. This could be useful for those looking to create realistic sound files for whatever purpose.
I got a suggestion about maybe finding a new name. And I have no ideas. So, if you have an idea and what we could do for a name. Please let me know. I'd like this to be a group project!
Just wonderin' if u've found anything interesting would love to know! invite your friends too
if u think they might enjoy this group, post their names and then we will invite them!!!
Does anyone here know how to use the sampler? I'd really like to use it for arranging indoor percussion pieces I think it'd be very useful but I just can't figure it out I have been looking everywhere.
In context of #MuseScoreMonday we have added a new score.
This time a Warming Up sequence for Snare, Bass and Cymbals.
Check it out and enjoy!
Does anyone know what it's called when you play the white keys of a marimba on the front edge with the sticks of the mallets?
Looking to increase sales of your sheet music , join Mandek Music Publishing today! Create a new steam to you sales funnel and reap the benefits. We will optimize your publication to achieve the desired results. We don't claim to be better than anyone else, but will provide you with a legitimate and reputable channel to convert visitors to sales. Visit our website at
and take a peek at what we have to offer. Contact us through our chat inbox on our website.
or directly upload your music for publishing on the page below
Hey there! For some unknown reason, my MuseScore Drumline Extension quit a few days ago, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both MuseScore and MuseScore Drumline. It will not play—even when I'm adding the notes in on the software—and there's no playback. I didn't do anything to make it stop working, but maybe I can keep trying to reinstall it and see if it works. If anyone has a similar problem, please let me know as soon as possible. I have a huge drumline project due, and if MuseScore Drumline does not work, I won't know what to do.
I don't know about other people who use MDL but I think it would be great if cymbals had more options than just the six that are there. Some good ones would be:
- Crash chokes
- Hi Hat
- Tap chokes
- Sizzle sucks (also called splash chokes, sizz-ucks)
Examples of most of these are demonstrated in these videos:
Is there any chance that we can get more cymbal sounds in future updates of MDL?
I was curious if there was a way to make a gock shot using the new MDL
would love to preset automatic sticking, for CMD/T shortcut
I really love mdl but i really want the new sounds to be added and I dont think we have gotten an update since about a week after it came out
I think that we should have a few match ups and vote on who would win! Match up #1.................................. Is the Nine Tails v.s. Hollow Ichigo v.s. Nightmare Luffy v.s. Zeref! Begin the voting!!!!!
How do you write the music???🙄
here is an idea for a film music contest.
here is the scene:
Supergirl and wonderwoman are in a face-off and are getting ready to fight.
Write themes for each character.
incorporate the themes into suspenseful music to accompany the scene showing them getting ready to fight.
Any one interested?
Deadline is July 31.
Here is a link to
MuseScore Drumline (1.0) - Introduction to MuseScore Drumline
Additional guides are below. More will be added ASAP.
What other guides, tutorials or lessons would you like to see?
What would you like to learn, anything related to percussion, marching, arranging, whatever, that maybe MuseScore could help with?
Ever wanted to get paid just to drum, talk about drumming, think about drumming - all day long?
Do you love technology, internet, social media?
Interested to work in a fast-paced, Rock 'n' Roll environment - literally (company was recently acquired by Ultimate Guitar)?
MuseScore, one of the world’s largest community for musicians, is looking for a Community Manager - Percussion to join our fast-growing team.
- Chops - DCI/WGI level
- Live to drum, love to write for percussion
- Able to work independently, see an opportunity and act
- Able to create a plan and execute against metrics
- Comfortable speaking on camera (instructional video, webcasts, interviews, etc.)
- Proficient with all forms of social media
- Experience with video or audio a definite plus
- Knowledge of all forms of percussion - drum set, concert percussion, keyboard percussion, with a deep knowledge of marching percussion
- University degree is NOT required - we care more about your practical knowledge, skills, creativity
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all percussion-related activities and content on Musescore.com
- Responsible for user growth and increased engagement within percussion segment
- Propose YOUR ideas for innovative solutions to reach goals
- Manage the development of MuseScore Drumline 2.0 (next generation of current product https://musescore.org/en/mdl)
- Be engaged in entire MDL development process - design, built, launch, support
- Manage relationships with percussion brands and influencers
- Have freedom to solve complex tasks and use non-standard approaches.
- Travel to and present at top conferences and events - PASIC, BOA, WGI, DCI, TMEA, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- Get paid well doing something you truly love
- Opportunity to make a major impact in percussion education
- Travel - not only experience life overseas, but regularly return to US for conferences & events
- Opportunity to learn new skills or explore different responsibility on the project. BTW - we have no hierarchy, only responsibilities
- A literal Rock 'n' Roll atmosphere and approach to development
- Beautiful office in the city center and no dress code
- We work differently - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Breakfast, soup, sandwiches served free throughout the day
- Push a button and get a coffee, tea, coke or even a Jack Daniel’s delivered to your desk
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should simply send a brief email outlining their qualifications/experience (full resume/CV optional) to daniel@muses**re.com with subject - Community Manager - Percussion.
Candidates should be prepared for a brief 10-15 minute discussion via FaceTime/Google Meet. Understanding that many potential candidates could likely be currently touring, bandcamping, etc., we can be very flexible in accommodating schedule.
P.S. - Job is located in Europe. Candidates should be prepared to relocate, but with frequent travel to US. Relocation expenses covered by company.