I have installed Musescore 2.3 and MDL 1.1, but nothing I do seems to get the new sounds to work with my old scores. For some reason, saving to score does not work. What do I need to do?
Hey guys, i've been taking my High school's show and putting it into musescore so we can have an audio version to practice with personally, but I am struggling with the drumline. Here is the score: https://musescore.com/user/7466921/scores/5199475#comments if anyone knows why I can't upload the drumline parts please let me know!
I've been working with Musescore's software to write music for my drum line group, but when we go back to play the music the Unison Bass Clicks and Hits are always silent? Does anyone know a solution to make them have the sounds they're suppose to?
Do you typically try to support users here or in the general support forums? MDL looks good so far. But navigating Musescore's website is rather lame especially trying to search for specific problems. I'm having better luck with Google using inurl:musescore.com
Just wondering if you guys have an inside hack for support, or are you just paining through reading all of the support forums looking for MDL related stuff.
Here is a support question for you guys:
does MDL support additional soundfonts? this is pretty much going to determine whether I get it or not.
When will the suspended cymbal be added
Good luck to everyone at finals! It’s been an amazing season and you accomplished something amazing this summer. Today, tomorrow or Saturday; whenever your final performance is leave everything on the field. (Would’ve posted this this morning but sleep and rehearsal)
Please help! I just upgraded to Musescore 2.3.2. I have been trying to install the MDL extension. It appears to be installing. It will get past "Please wait, loading soundfonts..." then it will sit there for a little while and then Musescore will close. When I open it back up there are only a few soundfonts under Zerberus in the Synthesizer. This last time it loaded MDL_BassLine.sfz, MDL_CymbalLine.sfz, MDL_DrumSet.sfz, MDL_Flubs.sfz, and MDL_Snare.sfz. I have tried to manually add the rest of them and can add a couple, but there are a couple that when I try to add it tells me "Cannot load SoundFont C:/Users/Owner/Documents/MuseScore2/Extensions/mdl/1.1/sfzs/MDL_TenorLine.sfz"
My system requirements far exceed the minimum requirements for the software.
Can someone please help!
I seem to be having an issue trying to upload a score with MDL sounds... I haven't had this problem until now and I've tried both saving synth to score and save to online in the application. I always get a very long processing screen and then a blank page. The download link also provides only errors, however when I go to update the score the file is there.
Ever wanted to get paid just to drum, talk about drumming, think about drumming - all day long?
Do you love technology, internet, social media?
Interested to work in a fast-paced, Rock 'n' Roll environment - literally (company was recently acquired by Ultimate Guitar)?
MuseScore, one of the world’s largest community for musicians, is looking for a Community Manager - Percussion to join our fast-growing team.
- Chops - DCI/WGI level
- Live to drum, love to write for percussion
- Able to work independently, see an opportunity and act
- Able to create a plan and execute against metrics
- Comfortable speaking on camera (instructional video, webcasts, interviews, etc.)
- Proficient with all forms of social media
- Experience with video or audio a definite plus
- Knowledge of all forms of percussion - drum set, concert percussion, keyboard percussion, with a deep knowledge of marching percussion
- University degree is NOT required - we care more about your practical knowledge, skills, creativity
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all percussion-related activities and content on Musescore.com
- Responsible for user growth and increased engagement within percussion segment
- Propose YOUR ideas for innovative solutions to reach goals
- Manage the development of MuseScore Drumline 2.0 (next generation of current product https://musescore.org/en/mdl)
- Be engaged in entire MDL development process - design, built, launch, support
- Manage relationships with percussion brands and influencers
- Have freedom to solve complex tasks and use non-standard approaches.
- Travel to and present at top conferences and events - PASIC, BOA, WGI, DCI, TMEA, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- Get paid well doing something you truly love
- Opportunity to make a major impact in percussion education
- Travel - not only experience life overseas, but regularly return to US for conferences & events
- Opportunity to learn new skills or explore different responsibility on the project. BTW - we have no hierarchy, only responsibilities
- A literal Rock 'n' Roll atmosphere and approach to development
- Beautiful office in the city center and no dress code
- We work differently - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Breakfast, soup, sandwiches served free throughout the day
- Push a button and get a coffee, tea, coke or even a Jack Daniel’s delivered to your desk
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should simply send a brief email outlining their qualifications/experience (full resume/CV optional) to daniel@muses**re.com with subject - Community Manager - Percussion.
Candidates should be prepared for a brief 10-15 minute discussion via FaceTime/Google Meet. Understanding that many potential candidates could likely be currently touring, bandcamping, etc., we can be very flexible in accommodating schedule.
P.S. - Job is located in Europe. Candidates should be prepared to relocate, but with frequent travel to US. Relocation expenses covered by company.
1.1 was released today.
The balance of sound should be increased if using 2.3.1 and will be VERY increased if using 2.3.2. :-)
PLEASE give feedback for continued improvement. Hope to get another release out within a week or so.
In the next release will be emphasis on making sure all hits are more even and consistent.
Cymbals will, unfortunately, not be addressed in the next release, but all other instruments can be adjusted.
I've just finished updating a score and now I can't upload it. I try deleting it and re uploading but now I can't re upload or upload at all. Was wondering if I was the only one.
I tried to upload my score for my bruno mars marching show with marching percussion but for whatever reason, the percussion is inaudible unlike how it is within the musescore client, any help would be appreciated.
Got a bit of a late start due to some technical issues, but thought I'd live "blog" the San Antonio show, through out some thoughts and anyone else feel free to chime in... so, it's 2:56 PM in San Antonio.... Oregon Crusaders are on the field
I'm working on the MDL 1.1 update that I'm trying to get out ASAP.
Curious to see any requests that I might be able to sneak in.
Currently in are:
- Increased volume of all instruments and articulation
- Refined notation standard (a few minor improvements - will release with notation guide)
- Improved templates
- Evened out hits a bit across all instruments/articulations (this will be an ongoing effort)
- Fixed issue with adding accents or articulations to buzz/crush/roll
Cymbals and show style tenors are currently placeholder and will be addressed in a future update. Will be recording new samples (only instruments without custom samples).
The plan is to update MDL moving forward on a regular schedule. After 1.1.0 we should plan to update every weekly for the time being.
So, any urgent requests for 1.1?
Hey! So I'm starting work on a project called "Wake Up" and I'm looking for ideas of some possible songs to put in it. They can either be from this website or big professional works.
The show theme is more on the depressing/somber side with a twist at the very end. (Not spoiling anything yet) But help would be appreciated with the musical selections and also a percussion writer would be awesome!
I am currently working on my own drum corps piece using music by Thomas Bergersen in his album "Illusions." Please check it out and let me know what y'all think. Check the description to see what I plan to do with that piece. Please feel free to critique it and give me ideas. I hope y'all like what I have so far. Anyway here's the link. https://musescore.com/user/10964131/scores/5171039
Oh and if you don't know Thomas Bergersen I recommend you check him out. Listen to Two Steps From Hell.
Hey everyone, getting ready to release MDL 1.1 and as part of this have put together the first part of an Official Notation Guide.
It can be found here - https://musescore.com/user/29165763/sets/5097225
This will be followed up with tutorials that explain in more detail the best practices for marching percussion notation.
Tip: If you do not use the MDL templates, be sure to change the musical symbol font to Bravura (Style > General > Score). MDL is ONLY supported in Bravura.
1) Regarding bass drum unison audio playback (F key) for 5 bass drums - For upcoming MDL updates would it be possible to obtain an audio sample of a 5 bass drum unison hit (as opposed to a 6 bass drum line)? When I write battery scores for 5 bass drums and there's a unison hit, you can definitely hear the bottom bass 6 overtone more than drums 1-5 and the pitch is much lower and beefier on #6 than bass 5.
2) I'm having difficulty getting proper audio playback of 1-to-2 measure Crescendo and Decrescendo (from Piano to Forte). Audio play back simply goes from Piano on 1 bar to Forte the next. Any suggestions on how I can fix that?