Hey guys! Any idea how to highlight the melody notes for banjo tab? Not necessarily for playback purposes, but for a visual for students. I've selected certain notes and turned the color of the melody notes "red", but circling the notes or "bolding" the notes may be a better choice if only able to print in black.
I have been composing a polonaise in Bb for the past few days. The A section of the polonaise is what I have written down. The A section of the A section is what my first few questions are about and is the exclusively diatonic section. The B section of the A section is more chromatic. I am asking these questions because they came up to me after listening to my own polonaise a few times.
1) Is the bass in the A section of the A section(bars 1-8 and 23-30) too dense?
2) In the consequent phrase(bars 5-8), is the bass too close to the melody? Should I bring it down an octave?
3) In the B section of the A section(bars 9-22), am I handling my chromaticism correctly or not?
4) Is it too much of me to expect a pianist to play a polonaise rhythm in octaves for the whole B section of the A section?
5) Do I smoothly transition into the inversion(left hand becomes right hand kind of inversion) or not?
6) Is my A section too repetitive with 2 periods and a motive sandwiched between the 2 periods and the repeat sign?
7) Is 30 bars enough for the A section of a piece that I expect to be 200 or so bars long, or should I extend my A section further?
Here is the link to my polonaise score:
How else do you think it could be improved? Right now, I'm thinking of what to put in the B section of my polonaise.
I just uploaded my first score to my profile. It's an original composition: an oboe solo with piano accompaniment. Please give it a listen if you can! Any and all feedback is much appreciated! thx :)
This took me about a day to compose, Please provide feedback
laughsilly (that's where you are now)
banana group https://musescore.com/groups/banana-group/discuss/5046069#comment-5108578
sound effects and fonts https://musescore.com/groups/fun-silly-amusing-crazy-outrageous-hilarious-soundfonts-and-sound-effects/
downy yellow dingle dork https://musescore.com/groups/the-downy-yellow-dingle-dork-extinction-group
dydd opera group
This is all original music, and it's my take on a drum corps show. I'd love some feedback on it
Hello! I am a new horn player switching from alto sax does anyone have any advice?
I had created this piece in about a day, please provide feedback so that i may improve
I come here to bring you my waltz in A♭ Minor.
I would like you to give it a try and listen to it, and leave me a comment telling me what you think, as well as possible suggestions on how to improve it.
It's written for a Trumpet and a Piano.
Thanks in advance :)
price, slots, or they actually want the plane? it's like ordering 200 de havilland comets after those crashes
I actually like the plane though
create lyrics then say the notes and I well make 2 a score.
Hello, This is a request for creators out here. I was wondering if someone could arrange the song: Ascension by Bruce Faulconer. I have no time to do it because I have to much going on with school. Thanks!
I can't decide if I should switch to Baritone or Tenor Sax, or if I should stay an Alto Sax. Can you help me decide
It shares some resemblance to The Beautifully Short No.19
Only 4 more songs to go!