which do you believe to be better?
What is your opinion on this? When a kid is misbehaving, is spanking an appropriate response when no other methods work? Are there any better methods of making a child listen to you, or is this the most effective one?
CCC#2 is here!
Based on the results of the survey I sent out on Friday 7th June, it occurred to me that several of the themes which I suggested, and asked you to vote on, would in fact fit quite nicely together. Therefore, for this second competition, I have found another painting by Caspar David Friedrich, since the response for “The Watzmann” was very good. I am also going to give a genre of music (as wide as possible, but still something to go on) and a short story available in the file below.
If you would like to help judge the competition, or have any other queries, please message on Musescore, or via discord @jte#9811
Details of the competition:
- The deadline will be in 4 weeks time (Saturday 29th June)
- The genre, as chosen by the survey will be “Film Music”. This is deliberately a very wide genre in order to give the contestants freedom of creativity. There will be an award for the most original take on the task, as with the first competition.
Obviously this theme can be interpreted to fit your desires.
- The painting (shown below) and the story are both in the google docs file. If you have any issues accessing this file, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to help.
- Your work must be completely original/all your own work.
- Be nice when critiquing other people’s work. Constructive criticism is fine, but don’t be rude. If you do, you will be disqualified from the competition and banned from the group.
- All pieces and comments must be appropriate.
Please let me know if you’re planning on taking part. I’d like to have an idea of who might be competing.
After a recent update I'm no longer able to import anything (.mscz files) into the iOS MuseScore App. After one update it removed my entire library I had imported, so I imported a load again. Now I find I can't import anything anymore. This is the same on my iPad as well as my iPhone.
To import, on the Desktop version of MuseScore I type up the music I want & save it into a cloud based location (iCloud Drive) as a .mscz file. I then go to that location on my iPad, tap on the share button & select Copy to MuseScore.
If I do this now, the MuseScore App will flash open, but nothing will happen. When I do this the file should be accessible via Library > SongBook.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? There have been a few more minor updates since, but the issues persists.
If you'd like anymore information regarding this, please let me know.
If Satan is the Father of All Lies, and everything he says is a lie, then if he says "I am lying." Is he lying that he's lying, and therefore telling the truth? But if he tells the truth, then the truth is that he is lying.
If God is omnipotent, can he create a stone so big that even he can't move it?
Swiss cheese has holes.
The more pieces of cheese you have, the more holes you have.
The more holes you have, the less cheese you have.
Thus, the more cheese you have, the less cheese you have.
What'd you think?
This is fraud company which mislead users by joining on free trial and if they forget enrolled them in 1 year plan non refundable with no option of cancellation .
I have not seen any other company like this in US
I received an email sent at 8:15am about one of my scores "When You Wish Upon A Star" being taken down for copyright infringement.
To be specific, it is my arrangement of the song for piano from the Disney movie Pinocchio. The licensing under this score is "Attribution" due to the fact that it's my arrangement of the song and I do not want anyone to claim the specific arrangement as their own, not the original song itself. The reason I am bringing up the licensing is because I'm not clear on whether the copyright strike is because of
1) my score is based off a popular song
2) the incorrect licensing
3) or a software glitch (as mentioned by Mike in another discussion post on this forum)
If it's possible, I can always change it to public domain. This is my first time receiving this notice, so I am unaware of what exactly happened. I'm hoping this can be settled and one of the staff members can take away this strike and make my score public again.
Also if anyone can educate me about whether I did the right thing about licensing my score as "Attribution" I'd greatly appreciate it.
Hello, I just joined this group.
I am looking for music for just 2 voices, bass/bariton and alto. Does anyone know if these exist?
A peaceful and calming piece for solo piano. The waves are lapping gently on the sides of the boat and you can float away into a dreamy reverie. Drift away to a relaxing and thoughtful place with this romantic piece.
I hope that you enjoy it! Let me know if you do! :)
For Pete's sake let's talk about Music.!!!! (and no hijacking to talk about silliness, mentioning no names.....Chinadoll.!!!
@Aqueous Humorati have you established rules about self-promoting music that's entered into the competition???
Our group's got a Tim Foust/Avi Kaplan-level bass singer, and we're trying to find some arrangements that give him some room to really shine. He can pretty easily hit E1's and up, and with a little effort can rumble down to I think F#0 was our last measure. But we're really just looking for something that goes lower than E/D2. If anybody has something it'd be great to possibly see it!
For some reason, the mixer function is gone from MS on my tablet. The mixer has returned to the app installed on my mobile phone (Nokia 8), but not to the app installed on my tablet (Lenovo TB-X704F).
Once again my composition Minnesota has been taken down due to alleged copyright infringement. And once again without any explanation as to what I am supposed to have "stolen". To my knowledge I have written this piece myself from scratch and therefore I'm of course very surprised that someone claims that I've used someone else's work.
The last time this happened I recieved a notification that it was a mistake on your behalf and you even apologized for the mishap.
Is this yet another mistake or is there actually a piece that sounds just like mine?
If there is I would like to know where to find it so I can listen to it. (Maybe someone has actually stolen my piece of music?)
if you could go back in time and kill one person, would you?
(me personally i would absolutely not do it but i wanna see if anyone would and why)
remember when this was a thing
Inspired the game over at MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1518596), let's count upwards and see how far we can go until a count breaker (listed below) comments and makes us start over.
(The title is kept for historical significance. Count breakers were Pro users with 200+ followers in Season 1)
- A player may only post once every 24 hours** or after another player has posted, whichever comes first.
- A post by a count breaker (listed below) restarts the count (that post is 0).
- The count must go up in order (no missing numbers).
- A counter who holds the last post of a run of at least 10 becomes a place holder.
- A counter can only hold one place at a time. If they win a run that is higher than their record on the board, their record is updated; otherwise, the run is ignored and not placed.***
- Top 3 place holders become count breakers next season (this includes staff).
- The season restarts every 12 pages.
- A run is allowed to spill into the next season, up to a maximum of one page. The new count breakers start as soon as the count is broken or when the count reaches the second page, whichever comes first.*
- MuseScore staff (those with the "staff" badge) count as normal, but they can additionally nullify a count breaker's 0 post and turning it into a regular count post by posting immediately after it (i.e. with no post in between). The staff's post should be x+2, where x is the number in the post immediately before the count was broken.****
* Introduced in Season 3
** Introduced in Season 6
*** Introduced in Season 7
**** Introduced in Season 10
As a courtesy, if your post is wrong because someone posted before you, edit your post instead of deleting it.
Current Season: Season 10
Next Season: Page 121
Count breakers for Season 10:
- Aqueous Humourati
Example (* means a count breaker, ** means staff):
1. A: 1
2. B: 2
3. C: 3
4. D*: 0
5. C: 1
6. E*: 0 :P
7: F**: 3 :P :P
8: A: 4
... and so on.
Records for Season 10 (records start at 10):
1. Jaybird1, 25: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=114#comment-5009596
2. LeptuneX, 17: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=113#comment-5002045
3. Pianodudette, 16: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=115#comment-5019201
4. Kenobunny, 15: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=113#comment-5003587
5. tPenguinLTG, 13: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=111#comment-4995533
All-time record: 630, mike320 (Season 4): https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=49#comment-3297911
Records for Season 1: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=13#comment-2905856
Records for Season 2: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=25#comment-3227841
Records for Season 3: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=37#comment-3290251
Records for Season 4: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=50#comment-3297916
Records for Season 5: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=61#comment-4241411
Records for Season 6: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=74#comment-4877543
Records for Season 7: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=85#comment-4925782
Records for Season 8: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=97#comment-4948484
Records for Season 9: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=109#comment-4980393
I'll start: 1