I got a suggestion about maybe finding a new name. And I have no ideas. So, if you have an idea and what we could do for a name. Please let me know. I'd like this to be a group project!
Just wonderin' if u've found anything interesting would love to know! invite your friends too
if u think they might enjoy this group, post their names and then we will invite them!!!
Does anyone here know how to use the sampler? I'd really like to use it for arranging indoor percussion pieces I think it'd be very useful but I just can't figure it out I have been looking everywhere.
In context of #MuseScoreMonday we have added a new score.
This time a Warming Up sequence for Snare, Bass and Cymbals.
Check it out and enjoy!
I really like the tenor saxophone+horn in F combination.
Does anyone know what it's called when you play the white keys of a marimba on the front edge with the sticks of the mallets?
I know that this group isn't very active but I think it should be!
If we updated the profile image and background we could attract alot more newer people to share and express their ideas on saxophone.
I think its important also, to change the name to be inclusive to also military band saxophone. Military band is a very sepecial place in the history of the saxophone and such we should engage in that part of our history aswell!
I have to say bass. In an orchestra with two of each woodwind, adding a desk of bass saxophones has great results. With the saxophones playing the bass part, the bassoons are free to play the tenor part. You could also use tenor or baritone saxophones to play the tenor and the bassoons play bass but I prefer to use the bassoons as tenors.
Hey there! For some unknown reason, my MuseScore Drumline Extension quit a few days ago, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both MuseScore and MuseScore Drumline. It will not play—even when I'm adding the notes in on the software—and there's no playback. I didn't do anything to make it stop working, but maybe I can keep trying to reinstall it and see if it works. If anyone has a similar problem, please let me know as soon as possible. I have a huge drumline project due, and if MuseScore Drumline does not work, I won't know what to do.
I don't know about other people who use MDL but I think it would be great if cymbals had more options than just the six that are there. Some good ones would be:
- Crash chokes
- Hi Hat
- Tap chokes
- Sizzle sucks (also called splash chokes, sizz-ucks)
Examples of most of these are demonstrated in these videos:
Is there any chance that we can get more cymbal sounds in future updates of MDL?
I was curious if there was a way to make a gock shot using the new MDL
would love to preset automatic sticking, for CMD/T shortcut
I really love mdl but i really want the new sounds to be added and I dont think we have gotten an update since about a week after it came out
Here is a link to
MuseScore Drumline (1.0) - Introduction to MuseScore Drumline
Additional guides are below. More will be added ASAP.
What other guides, tutorials or lessons would you like to see?
What would you like to learn, anything related to percussion, marching, arranging, whatever, that maybe MuseScore could help with?
Ever wanted to get paid just to drum, talk about drumming, think about drumming - all day long?
Do you love technology, internet, social media?
Interested to work in a fast-paced, Rock 'n' Roll environment - literally (company was recently acquired by Ultimate Guitar)?
MuseScore, one of the world’s largest community for musicians, is looking for a Community Manager - Percussion to join our fast-growing team.
- Chops - DCI/WGI level
- Live to drum, love to write for percussion
- Able to work independently, see an opportunity and act
- Able to create a plan and execute against metrics
- Comfortable speaking on camera (instructional video, webcasts, interviews, etc.)
- Proficient with all forms of social media
- Experience with video or audio a definite plus
- Knowledge of all forms of percussion - drum set, concert percussion, keyboard percussion, with a deep knowledge of marching percussion
- University degree is NOT required - we care more about your practical knowledge, skills, creativity
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all percussion-related activities and content on Musescore.com
- Responsible for user growth and increased engagement within percussion segment
- Propose YOUR ideas for innovative solutions to reach goals
- Manage the development of MuseScore Drumline 2.0 (next generation of current product https://musescore.org/en/mdl)
- Be engaged in entire MDL development process - design, built, launch, support
- Manage relationships with percussion brands and influencers
- Have freedom to solve complex tasks and use non-standard approaches.
- Travel to and present at top conferences and events - PASIC, BOA, WGI, DCI, TMEA, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- Get paid well doing something you truly love
- Opportunity to make a major impact in percussion education
- Travel - not only experience life overseas, but regularly return to US for conferences & events
- Opportunity to learn new skills or explore different responsibility on the project. BTW - we have no hierarchy, only responsibilities
- A literal Rock 'n' Roll atmosphere and approach to development
- Beautiful office in the city center and no dress code
- We work differently - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Breakfast, soup, sandwiches served free throughout the day
- Push a button and get a coffee, tea, coke or even a Jack Daniel’s delivered to your desk
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should simply send a brief email outlining their qualifications/experience (full resume/CV optional) to daniel@muses**re.com with subject - Community Manager - Percussion.
Candidates should be prepared for a brief 10-15 minute discussion via FaceTime/Google Meet. Understanding that many potential candidates could likely be currently touring, bandcamping, etc., we can be very flexible in accommodating schedule.
P.S. - Job is located in Europe. Candidates should be prepared to relocate, but with frequent travel to US. Relocation expenses covered by company.
I am a percussionist who loves to write percussion parts, but there is a issue that bugged me for a very long time - there are only few cymbal sounds/notations.
I believe that one way that an arranger could make the music lively is through usage of various cymbals. However, Musescore is stuck with only few cymbal sounds and they are extremely basic (splash, crash, china, HH, hand crash). My suggestion is that more cymbals should be added through MDL. Marching art is one of the fields of music that uses heaps of cymbals, and MDL is a great chance to elaborate on Musescore's depressing number of cymbals.
Here are some of my suggestions:
- Cymbal chokes
- Swish knocker (sizzle)
- Cymbal rolls + gong roll
- Zil-bel, bell plate, ect.
- More splash (china, trashformer, ect.)
Adding these cymbals will definitely make the marching band/DCI arrangement very lively and interesting to listen to.
I have installed Musescore 2.3 and MDL 1.1, but nothing I do seems to get the new sounds to work with my old scores. For some reason, saving to score does not work. What do I need to do?
Hey guys, i've been taking my High school's show and putting it into musescore so we can have an audio version to practice with personally, but I am struggling with the drumline. Here is the score: https://musescore.com/user/7466921/scores/5199475#comments if anyone knows why I can't upload the drumline parts please let me know!
I've been working with Musescore's software to write music for my drum line group, but when we go back to play the music the Unison Bass Clicks and Hits are always silent? Does anyone know a solution to make them have the sounds they're suppose to?
Do you typically try to support users here or in the general support forums? MDL looks good so far. But navigating Musescore's website is rather lame especially trying to search for specific problems. I'm having better luck with Google using inurl:musescore.com
Just wondering if you guys have an inside hack for support, or are you just paining through reading all of the support forums looking for MDL related stuff.
Here is a support question for you guys: