This is my first concerto I've attempted to make, I've been playing piano for about 7 years now, I started when I was 6, so expect this to be a garbage concerto. Please tell how it is so far, Thank you
I just wanted to share that a (not great) engraving I made of Vivaldi's cello concerto RV 407 years ago (when I had been doing music for only three years) is being used in this professional performance, as I managed to deduce after peering at the first violin part on the concert master's desk:
This is pretty cool, because I made that score and made it freely available on IMSLP so that it might be played more often. It used to be on musescore.com too, long ago, but if I upload it now then the playback and layout are all different. Anyway, here is the IMSLP link:
Hi! In case you missed my latest compositions, I will provide them again. The pdf converter didn't work super well for me here. so each of my pieces has glitches. I think the pdf converter on Piano Shelf is superior to this one, as they didn't alter any of my stuff. Please so those links if you want to print them out.
Hi! In case you missed my latest compositions, I will list them for you again. Sadly, they didn't upload perfectly, so if you want to print them out, please print them off Piano Shelf (as I had better luck with their pdf converter).
Hi! I would love some feedback on my first choral piece, thanks!
Before musescore came up with the way to directly upload custom audio, going through Youtube was the only way to be sure the piece you post on musescore had the sound that you want others to hear. I have used that method. It is not as simple as uploading custom audio and does require a few more steps. Going through Youtube should work with the mp3 that you get from your buddy. The way to do it is as follows:
1. First you need a way to make a video. I have Movavi Video Editor.
I import my mp3 sound into the video editor. I also need a jpg picture to go with the mp3. Then, I click on export video
as an mp4.
2. Next I upload my mp4 to youtube at https://www.youtube.com/upload
and publish the uploaded video at youtube for public viewing. Be sure to copy the link they give you for your
3. Then upload your score at musescore. At this point, it won't have the right sound.
4. When you look at your uploaded score online at musescore score, you need to click on the three dots on the upper right of the page. This brings up a dropdown menu. Click on "manage audio sources." Click on this and a page comes up that gives you the option to "add an audio track." Click on this.
5. A page comes up that prompts you for your youtube URL, so enter it.
6. This should attach your Youtube video to the score. Be sure click on save at the bottom. You also have the option of having the video shown or hidden with just the audio sound associated with your score.
7. Now when you look at your score on musescore, it should indicate that it has a video attached. My https://musescore.com/user/127542/scores/5536063 has a youtube video attached, for instance.
8. And if all these steps aren't enough, guess what, sometimes it doesn't work and you need to start all over again.
I know it is cumbersome but as far as I know, this is really the only way to make sure your listeners hear that mp3 quality sound when they look at your score.
Hi! I'm fairly new to transcribing and I was wondering how you can write broken chords like in this tune:
Hi! just came up with this kind of ballade when i suddenly lost inspiration... tell me in comments if i should finish this and what do you think of this, if you want of course :)
Hey, folks. Having reached the heady number of 10 members, let's have a contest. Who can post a piece with the best police whistle sound? In case of a tie, the winner will be the one who can have the piece include the most kinds of police sirens and whistle sounds (for instance a bobby's whistle or a traffic cop whistle or one from France) but it must have at least one police whistle sound. Be creative. All right, creative sound effects people, let's see what you got. I almost forgot, you have to also make the soundfont effect (sf2 or sfz) available to the group so they can use it in their own pieces. You can't just make a wav file and post it using youtube. sorry.