Lots of people are copying scores from IMSLP to Musescore but it is not always easy to keep these transciptions mistake free.
Sometimes is easy to spot mistakes for people who know the pieces just by listening them, so I created the group Proofread Me.
This group is aimed to two kind of people: copysts that want their work proofread and people who want to spare a couple of minutes to spot any mistake on those transciptions.
Just upload here the scores you want to get checked (or send a link to them), or join this group if you want to help proofreading the submited scores.
Iv'e been wanting to play with another cellist (Im a cellist myself) online. I don't really know anyone I can play duet pieces with so I wanted to know if anyone was available. Tell me if you're interested! BTW im a 16 year old cellist.
A long time ago, there were peace between the woodwinds and the brass. No one disturbed one another, no one interacted with the other. It was until a clarinet got rich and married a trumpet. This was how the saxophones were created, - those disgusting brass clarinets, who once were part of us, but now are part of our past.
Please respond I need answers
I received an email sent at 8:15am about one of my scores "When You Wish Upon A Star" being taken down for copyright infringement.
To be specific, it is my arrangement of the song for piano from the Disney movie Pinocchio. The licensing under this score is "Attribution" due to the fact that it's my arrangement of the song and I do not want anyone to claim the specific arrangement as their own, not the original song itself. The reason I am bringing up the licensing is because I'm not clear on whether the copyright strike is because of
1) my score is based off a popular song
2) the incorrect licensing
3) or a software glitch (as mentioned by Mike in another discussion post on this forum)
If it's possible, I can always change it to public domain. This is my first time receiving this notice, so I am unaware of what exactly happened. I'm hoping this can be settled and one of the staff members can take away this strike and make my score public again.
Also if anyone can educate me about whether I did the right thing about licensing my score as "Attribution" I'd greatly appreciate it.
I realy want to do some video game music from Zelda but i don't know wic song to do. I am new to the group but i hope you will still help me.
Before musescore came up with the way to directly upload custom audio, going through Youtube was the only way to be sure the piece you post on musescore had the sound that you want others to hear. I have used that method. It is not as simple as uploading custom audio and does require a few more steps. Going through Youtube should work with the mp3 that you get from your buddy. The way to do it is as follows:
1. First you need a way to make a video. I have Movavi Video Editor.
I import my mp3 sound into the video editor. I also need a jpg picture to go with the mp3. Then, I click on export video
as an mp4.
2. Next I upload my mp4 to youtube at https://www.youtube.com/upload
and publish the uploaded video at youtube for public viewing. Be sure to copy the link they give you for your
3. Then upload your score at musescore. At this point, it won't have the right sound.
4. When you look at your uploaded score online at musescore score, you need to click on the three dots on the upper right of the page. This brings up a dropdown menu. Click on "manage audio sources." Click on this and a page comes up that gives you the option to "add an audio track." Click on this.
5. A page comes up that prompts you for your youtube URL, so enter it.
6. This should attach your Youtube video to the score. Be sure click on save at the bottom. You also have the option of having the video shown or hidden with just the audio sound associated with your score.
7. Now when you look at your score on musescore, it should indicate that it has a video attached. My https://musescore.com/user/127542/scores/5536063 has a youtube video attached, for instance.
8. And if all these steps aren't enough, guess what, sometimes it doesn't work and you need to start all over again.
I know it is cumbersome but as far as I know, this is really the only way to make sure your listeners hear that mp3 quality sound when they look at your score.
Hi! I would greatly appreciate it if you would take a look at my latest stuff! For copies without glitches, please go to my Piano Shelf links (they have a better pdf converter musescore).
Hi! It would be awesome if you would check out my latest compositions. For pdf copies without glitches, visit the Piano Shelf links.
I am new to this discussion process so please be patient with me. I don't know if I am entering my question correctly, but here goes. After I have added notes to the staff in my composition, I can play each note individually by pressing the right arrow and moving to each note on the right. When there is a chord to the right then the entire chord is played, but only on that staff. Is there currently, or my suggestion is to add, some key combination, such as pressing the ALT or CTRL key along with the right arrow, that will play all the notes in the treble and bass clefs of that instrument where I have selected the note to play, or another key combination, again the ALT or CTRL key that will play all the corresponding notes in all the instruments I have included in my composition. That way I can hear if all the notes fit together.
I have created a score of the iconic Jellyfish Fields theme from the original game in celebration of the remaster. Now is the time to celebrate the old to hype up the new.
Hi! I'm fairly new to transcribing and I was wondering how you can write broken chords like in this tune:
Hi! just came up with this kind of ballade when i suddenly lost inspiration... tell me in comments if i should finish this and what do you think of this, if you want of course :)
This is a link to my score that got taken down. Can you guys click on the link and view the score?