I'm using Chrome on an Android smartphone, and I loaded my Notifications page earlier today. Several minutes later, I still get a spinning blue circle instead of any results. This persists when I reload the page. Does the new formatting (more prominent "settings" link, etc.) have anything to do with it?
I showed my dad my latest orchestra composition and he said he was really impressed and he liked it!!! And I'm really really happy now!!!
it's a mixture of chinese music and waltz.
Please feel free to leave your feedback.
Nintendo is making a new Switch model that has almost twice the battery, and a few other additions such as faster loading!
I have been using Musescore for 2 years now and I have been looking for ways to implement drags into snare parts and I haven't been able to figure it out. Does anyone know how to add them in?
Let's play!! I'll start, but first, let's explain it for those who haven't played:
I will say three things about myself. THE THREE THINGS HAVE TO BE ABOUT YOU. They can't be facts like "mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell" or "a kilogram of steel is heavier than a kilogram of feathers".
Two of these three things are true, and one of them is false. You guys have to identify the lie! Whoever guesses the answer first gets a point.
Go ahead and comment your own two truths and a lie! The point system will stay in place, and I'll tally points up once this discussion dies out!!
My three things are:
My favorite flowers are pink peonies.
I'm allergic to latex.
I hate watermelon.
And the game starts...NOW!!!
o brapple this blew up :))
So a while back I posted a score to this group, and after working on it some more I'm putting it back up to get more feedback. It's really different from everything I've done in the past and I'm not very certain if I like what I've made yet. Any feedback would be welcome, especially for the ending, which I feels less "ends" and more "stops".
Which side, people. (By the way, this is buddydudebuddy, back for one final discussion)
If you win, you get...….. a smiley face
heyo...another game :P
(also...if you don't like swear words just replace it with "kiss" - but the f word is the original title of the game)
Anyway basically someone gives three people (or things) and you choose one to kiss, one to marry, and one to kill. It's basically a fancier (and more fun) version of ranking 3 things in order of preference.
Ex. if someone said Bob, Joe, and Jeff, I could choose to kiss Bob, kill Joe, and marry Jeff, etc.
If the choices are things and not people..."marry" would mean you can have/experience the thing to its full extent, "kiss" would be to have/experience it to a partial extent, and "kill" would be to have the thing completely destroyed and you don't get to have it at all.
Sooo...yeah. Let's try...
1. Musix, Dookis, and Lordtroll
2. Dress spammers, people who fill up the entire community page by spamming "look at my score" in every single group they're in, and people who post passive aggressive "constructive" criticism on people's scores
3. a steinway piano, a 20 year's supply of your favourite food, and your current (or most recent) crush
4. your grades, your social life (both in-person and online), and your sleep
5. all your followers on musescore, all the people who regularly talk in this group, and everyone you're following on here
And feel free to make your own :P
Now, I'm thinking about the second movement of my suite. This one I know I want to have represent windy weather.
If you look at the structure of the Suite as a whole, it makes sense. Here is the structure:
- First Movement - Sunny Weather - G major - String Quartet + Piano - Ternary form
- Second movement - Windy Weather - D minor - Flute + Piano - Form unknown
- Third Movement - Cloudy Weather - G minor - Unknown instrumentation - Form unknown
- Fourth Movement - Storm - C minor - Piano solo - Form unknown - Interlude afterwards
- Fifth Movement - Snow - Bb major - Flute + String Quartet - Form unknown
- Sixth Movement - Rain - E minor - Instrumentation unknown - Form unknown
- Seventh Movement - Rainbow - G major - All the instruments that have played in previous movements - Sonata form
As you can probably tell from this alone, the second and third movements serve to bring in the fourth movement, the most intense movement of the entire suite. I was even thinking of having the third movement end on a diminished 7th to really bring the point home that all this is leading to the most intense movement of the suite.
To get across the windy feel of the second movement, I was thinking of doing these things:
- Increase the tempo from Moderato to Allegro
- Add the flute, since it is a woodwind instrument that is easy to play fast scalar passages on
- Get rid of the strings entirely or at least the violins so that the flute isn't overwhelmed
- Make the melody inherently chaotic, like the wind
- Use a lot of 16th notes to keep the momentum going
- Ground this melodic chaos with harmonies that make sense both in relation to the melody and the key
The easiest way I know of to make the melody sound chaotic is to have the flute play 12 tone rows. But that makes it hard to harmonize in a way that makes sense with the key of D minor. I mean, here are the harmonizations that make sense for each of the chromatic pitches in D minor:
- C - C major or C minor, F major
- C# - C#° or C#°7, A or A7
- Db - E°7?
- D - D minor, G minor or G major, Bb major
- Eb - C minor
- D# - What the?
- E - C major, A or A7, C#° or C#°7, E°7
- F - D minor, F major, Bb major
- F# - D7?
- Gb - What the?
- G - G minor, C minor or C major, E°7
- G# - What the?
- Ab - F minor?
- A - A or A7, D minor, F major, A minor
- A# - Um, Bb major?
- Bb - Bb major, G minor
- B - G major?
As you can see, most of these notes, I am able to harmonize with either diatonic harmony or not all that many alterations to a diatonic chord. But a few notes just seem too weird if I go the 12 tone route. I mean, how would you harmonize a D# if it showed up suddenly in a D minor piece? It is just so weird of a note to harmonize in D minor. And there is 1 note that in its sharp form seems weird to harmonize but in its flat form is very easy to harmonize and is native to the key. Yep, it is that Bb/A# enharmonic equivalence.
So if 12 tone composition is going to lead to extremely weird harmonies if I try to stick to the key of D minor, how else can I get across melodic chaos without relying on 12 tone composition(besides, 12 tone serialism isn't my thing, nor is any other form of atonality). If I use scales such as here:
Which coincidentally, both of those pieces are in A minor. But anyway, if I use scales to get all 12 notes in the octave, is my melody really chaotic in nature? I mean sure, it is chromaticism, but it is ordered chromaticism. In other words, there isn't really any chaos, is there if I rely on the chromatic scale? 12 tone composition and the chromatic scale are like opposite ends of the melodic chaos spectrum.
Chromatic scales are easy to harmonize but are ordered, not chaotic. 12 tone composition is hard to harmonize within a single tonality, but is as melodically chaotic as possible. What I need is some sort of middle ground between these 2, melodically chaotic, but at the same time, easy to harmonize. Is there anything I can do that will achieve both of these things?
Does anyong else watch DGR? He plays Mario Maker troll levels, and other challenges!
Since my usual username, Amotekun, is taken because I lost my old acc with that name, I've been using Amot3kun as a substitute. I had a cool username idea and I was wondering if I should use it, "Surreality". Should I use that or my usual username?
Don't know if this only happens to me, but every time I open it a white thing shows up and I cannot do anything because of it hovering above. How can this be solved? Is this some sort of advertisement that fails to load itself?
Screenshot go to https://musescore.org/en/node/292405.
What fun plans is anyone doing? I'm going to the Olympic National Forest, Grand Canyon,Utah,I have a job to pick strawberries and that pretty much all.
Hello, I present the first movement of my first sonata, I know that it must have errors so I will perfect it
leave your opinions