Please check out my new score. It was just a bit of silliness that I wrote. I hope you enjoy! https://musescore.com/user/30771082/scores/5691515
That's a little thing I wrote, I would love to get some advice from you
Hey, I am currently super busy!! Before I start, I'll lay out what my week tends to be:
Monday: Double/triple up on schoolwork. Once a month is nursing home music night (which I can't miss, considering I'm the pianist)
Tuesday: Currently I'm going to my aunt's. Soon will be Piano & Choir (if I go, which I am leaning more towards not going)
Wednesday: Work in the morning, Omnibus in the afternoon, Skating at 3pm, and will be home only for supper
Thursday: I go to my aunt's all day.
Friday: School (double/triple up as needed), Youth in evening.
Saturday: House cleaning
Sunday: Depending on which Sunday is: play piano for both services, nursing home services (I can't miss, I'm the pianist), go to my grandparents for lunch, have company over.
My problem I'm almost too busy for myself to do school.
How do you guys live with being super busy and having heavy schoolwork to do!?!?!?!?
I need advice!!!!!!!!!!
Please message me or comment what tends to work for you.
P.S. with the nursing home service/music night, that are highlights of my month!!!!!! and I can't quit now, consider i leave without them having any accompainment, 'cept a clarinet.
I have been composing a polonaise in Bb for the past few days. The A section of the polonaise is what I have written down. The A section of the A section is what my first few questions are about and is the exclusively diatonic section. The B section of the A section is more chromatic. I am asking these questions because they came up to me after listening to my own polonaise a few times.
1) Is the bass in the A section of the A section(bars 1-8 and 23-30) too dense?
2) In the consequent phrase(bars 5-8), is the bass too close to the melody? Should I bring it down an octave?
3) In the B section of the A section(bars 9-22), am I handling my chromaticism correctly or not?
4) Is it too much of me to expect a pianist to play a polonaise rhythm in octaves for the whole B section of the A section?
5) Do I smoothly transition into the inversion(left hand becomes right hand kind of inversion) or not?
6) Is my A section too repetitive with 2 periods and a motive sandwiched between the 2 periods and the repeat sign?
7) Is 30 bars enough for the A section of a piece that I expect to be 200 or so bars long, or should I extend my A section further?
Here is the link to my polonaise score:
How else do you think it could be improved? Right now, I'm thinking of what to put in the B section of my polonaise.