Quite few compositions in this group seem to be about various types of critters -toads, mosquitoes, birds, horses, does sponge bob count as a critter?- do let's have a new exciting contest. You are invited to submit your original critter composition, about any creature you want, as many entries as you want. First, second, and third place winners will be announced after Dec 15. Doesn't this sound exciting? It should since we already have some really great pieces that are of course automatically entered into the contest. As always, we like music that is funny and silly so get those compositions entered and good luck to all.
Okay, So I have a concert coming up at the end of the year and I need a solo piece, a duet piece and a trio piece ALL for Flute. Not too hard but not too easy. If they are easy, make them SOUND hard. If your piece is selected, when the piece is played, YOUR name will be announced as the composer, along with the piece's title that you feel is appropriate for it. If I choose the piece and all goes over well, you may have to write and compose a piece for a full band setting for a concert for my concert band. So PLEASE participate! It's a great way to get your name out there and have your music played and finally heard!!
Submit your piece with the title you that have selected (must be original).
The Subtitle must be one of two options:
Option 1 - "Piece for Concert"
Option 2 - "Piece for Contest"
If your piece doesn't have one of the two selected subtitle, it will not be considered.
You must also have the composers name (YOU) and the instrument name (flute for the entrance piece). It may be for solo flute, duet, trio or even a flute quartet.
Due Date for the pieces is: Friday, March 30, 2012! :)
Any questions, feel free to ask! :) Good Luck!
AND make sure you have fun and try your best!! :))
BarryP in the de-composers group posted a discussion pointing us to a great Youtube vid interpretation of the famous C# minor prelude featuring Harpo Marx. Thought I would pass this along for others to enjoy as well. enjoy.thanks BaryP
New contest 7-18-14
Ok, admittedly, the last contest was a fiasco but this is a real contest, honest. There will be no reanimated judges, no secret invisible winning compositions, no fake winning free trip to a tropical paradise. Instead, here is the deal:
1. only compositions that are actually visible to all can be submitted and entered.
2. The administrator chinadoll (who will not be allowed to enter the contest) will be the sole judge.
3. Entries must be original compositions.
4. Each person entering may submit multiple compositions.
5. Any composition either already posted or newly posted between 7-18 and 10-31 may be entered. to enter, just post a composition or request that one already posted be entered.
6. Entries will be judged based on originality/novelty, humor, silliness, and fun.
7. All compositions will receive a detailed critique of at 30-50 words in length (if that matters to you) by the administrator
8. The prize for the winner will be the honor of winning.
9. The contest will end 10-31-14 and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced at this site shortly thereafter.
10. of course, all this is assuming anyone actually enters the contest...
This is probably my favorite group. What about you? :)
I have just created a group to compile a songbook of songs from Musescore (See group description for more detail, here's the link: http://musescore.com/groups/ultimate_songbook_of_musescore. We need all the people we can get to join, as it 30+ people to really kick start the path to publishing the song book, so it would be great for everybody to join!
Thanks in advance!
I would like to add my music to this group but, I don't know how to.