I have created a drums score which incorporates pictograms of the different elements as noteheads (this is for a child with autism who needs explicit visual cues). I have added those symbols (from bitmap pictures) to my custom palette and pasted them over the original noteheads, which I've turned invisible.
While this works fine in the desktop app and on the website, the symbols do not show in the iOS app that the child uses on his iPad — only the stems.
Screenshots are available here :
Is there anything that can be done about that ?
Thanks in advance.
First of all, Musescore 3 has brought many improvements in percussion-land for composing music, thanks. However, occasionally, percussion notes (especially marching snare) will make a seizure/static-like sound (like it is trying to play the note several times over again extremely quickly) during playback (and after turning off playback will sometimes make the same noise when selecting the note) and will lag out the program, or at least mess up the current playback. The problem is usually fixed after about 5-15 seconds, or can be fixed by selecting a different instrument that isn't percussion, but in rare cases that instrument will make that noise too. The problem isn't permanent and the work can be saved and reloaded without trouble. I have played with the mixer and my own speakers, and those don't seem to be connected to the problem. Hopefully this problem can be fixed because it causes the composing process to take a lot longer.
... or at least state it for MuseScore v3 files to distinguish them stand out from the v1 and v2 files.
Since one cannot tell from the MuseScore file extension (.mscz) whether or not a file is V2 or V3, you have no way of telling whether the file you are downloading will open in your MuseScore 2, please consider adding the file version on the download page. Currently the link just states MuseScore, Open in MuseScore .
A workaround for a MuseScore 2 user downloading a V3 file, would be to download the MusicXML version instead, but this would save them the effort of downloading the unusable MuseScore 3 version file first.
(We have a discussion about the file extension version number at https://musescore.org/en/node/283026 )
Idk just seems logical to me. I think a thumbs down icon would be useful kinda. If we have a thumbs up, I don’t see why we can’t ha e a thumbs down.
I love the upvote feature, it's great, but ever since I got it... my device has been really lagging and it takes like 30 seconds for it to load comments. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
Just a thought. I’d like to see that. Maybe just have it as an option at least. Idk just a thought.
I was in love with MuseScore 2. MuseScore 3 is nice, but is too buggy. I'm loosing hours of work because unnexpectally the software shut down and lot's of things are throwed away. There is a new version, but the link is broken. :-(
I've noticed that the contrabass clarinet(it should be noted that I've heard people complain about other instruments as well) does not immediately play low notes in sheet music, often playing them a 32nd note or more behind. It's very annoying, and hard to fix. I posted this on the discord a day or two ago and there's been no response so I decided to post this here(by the way you guy get a lot of questions on discord you should keep a better eye on that)
The quote button is not working anymore.
And now I notice there are replies to other stuff I didn't get notified for....
The normal replay button there is gone.
I like the reply button, but now the three dots in the corner of every comment is just sitting there and doesn't do anything. Also, I've noticed that for some reason I'm being notified of replies aswell (not really a fan because it causes spam)
As the title suggests, when I try sending my score to the linked YouTube account, it does not work. I have tried three times with the same piece of music and it has yet to show up on my YouTube channel. I have already tried unlinking and relinking my YouTube account. Anyone having a similar problem? Thanks y'all.
I'm attempting to write a timpani solo that uses the MDL rails and pictograms, but I can't find them anywhere
Hello, lately I've been having problems uploading videos to youtube from the platform, because at the moment they are already on YouTube the score does not appear, only a blank sheet appears.
I await your response, thanks.
I got scared for a bit.....
MuseScore 3 has a lot improvements but I miss one.
In the base Template I use for the our choir I want (and have) to add the logo of the choir on the first page of the Score.
I added the image tot my template, saved it as mszx and mscz but that didn't make a difference
This did not work in MuseScore 2, and still it does not work in MS3.
I see a lot of people asking for this. Why is it so complicated to use the image that is in the template file when I create a new score with usage of that template.
In th mscx file I se guid.jpg instead off guid I see a actual guid. Then I see where the correct path where the image is stored ithis is the correct path.
But I think the gui of the image that is used in the Source file of the template does not exist in the newscore that is created from the template and therefore it cannot find an image and cannot display it.
Now at the max I can transpose notes a septiem at the max. But If I want the choir to sing 1 octave Higher I have to transpose it 1 octave. So I first transpose it 1 Septiem and then again 1 Secunde. Why can't I do it with 1 stroke.
I Know selecting the notes and CTRL Up or DOWN can help with that but then I sometimes get unwanted signes (#, b)
In our Man choir we often have that 1 of our staffs just have to sing 1 octave higher or lower. Now I have to transpose that staff, and make sure all notes are correct after that.
I don't want to change the notes, just be able to say: "play this staff 1 octave (or part of an octave of course) higher or lower".)