Mine is my rondo for a sonata collab
I have been composing a polonaise in Bb for the past few days. The A section of the polonaise is what I have written down. The A section of the A section is what my first few questions are about and is the exclusively diatonic section. The B section of the A section is more chromatic. I am asking these questions because they came up to me after listening to my own polonaise a few times.
1) Is the bass in the A section of the A section(bars 1-8 and 23-30) too dense?
2) In the consequent phrase(bars 5-8), is the bass too close to the melody? Should I bring it down an octave?
3) In the B section of the A section(bars 9-22), am I handling my chromaticism correctly or not?
4) Is it too much of me to expect a pianist to play a polonaise rhythm in octaves for the whole B section of the A section?
5) Do I smoothly transition into the inversion(left hand becomes right hand kind of inversion) or not?
6) Is my A section too repetitive with 2 periods and a motive sandwiched between the 2 periods and the repeat sign?
7) Is 30 bars enough for the A section of a piece that I expect to be 200 or so bars long, or should I extend my A section further?
Here is the link to my polonaise score:
How else do you think it could be improved? Right now, I'm thinking of what to put in the B section of my polonaise.
the glug: https://www.polyphone-soundfonts.com/en/files/24-sound-effects/479-glug
let me know if this works and then I can add more, thanks
and if you think other wise go jump in a river
All you have to do is type the first thing you think of when you come to this group.
Under The Sky....
I use to play the horn at my school (like 5 years ago) and I didn't play until last week when I catch up to get a second hand horn.
I'm starting again with this instrument (my favorite) so... I hope I can get better on it.
Like an anime and video game lover I have been seen there is not much of those songs for horn so my idea is to transpose and arrange some of those song and upload it here on Musescore (also popular songs). I'm new on this thing of writting music so I will like to have some support if I need.
I'm from Panama, my main language is Spanish btw.
Thanks for your time.
EDIT: I have already uploaded 2 scores on my profile
Please start voting. This is not very urgent yet as we are still far away from the ending date of this period but I just wanted to remind everyone that voting is open. Also, another reminder: You can see this period's competition challenge in the Discussion called Due Dates and Challenges.
Looking for some feedback. musecore is in concert key. Thanks
YouTube version has better sound.
I just added 5 scores in this group, please let me know if you like it or not.
Also check out our facebookpage: The Magical Saxes
Hope y'all are having a great day!
Please check out my new piece for solo piano ( Rondo Comique):
FEEDBACK IS MORE THAN WELCOME AND MUCH APPRECIATED!
Hi all, there used to be a flute piece titled "end credits", but it was taken down when the user's account got suspended. Does anyone else know what piece I'm referencing, and can anyone remake it? (I'm not too good in the composing area).
This is one of my first scores, so any and all feedback would be great (although preferably constructive criticism). Thank you!