Note to self: a recently deceased person doesn't make for a good romantic date night, especially when its at a rooftop restaurant.
In my opinion, it's not being noticed.
Play out this scenario:
You're in a prison for a crime that you didn't do.
Nobody wants to hear you out and you're stuck there.
I went to look for Bohemian Rhapsody on musescore and every rendition seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know why? I figure copyright.
So this is an arrangement from a songbook that already exists. Some of you might recognize it, but probably not. Its a little weird, but it's okay. Stop siri, end,
I know it is supposedly going to be centered around Estel (Young Aragorn) and his adventures before the Fellowship. What are your feelings toward it?
I have a show Idea but frankly I cannot write wind music well, so I am looking for someone willing to help me out, just message me and I will give you the info.
This is an etude for tuba I wrote. Please give it a listen and critique anything you find wrong. Thank you, don't forget to favorite if you like it.
It had been a while i did not post any new song yet. But i have 3 more preludes ready. will upload this weekend when i have more free time. Can you guys please take a little time to help my sister any these question. it is a survey for her English class.
1/ Is it better to be beautiful, intelligent, or wealthy?
2/ Who is the most beautiful woman alive?
3/ Who is the most handsome man alive today?
4/ What is the minimum age at which a person should be allowed to have plastic surgery?
5/ What do you spend more money on: clothing and beauty supplies, food or electronics?
6/ Are there any fashions you think are strange?
Thank you very much. Hope you guys can help.
Could somebody do the Game Theory theme just for trumpet? It's called Science Blaster. I'd love to learn it. Thanks in advance.
Originally titled: About all the spam and sh*tposting
[btw if you can't find discussions you just posted - they probably got deleted]
So, uh...first I'd like to say thanks for all the activity in this group - RSA wouldn't be like this without you :D
But I think this needs to be addressed: there's been a lot of sh*tposting (slang for pointless posts, spam, clutter, etc.) in this group, and these posts are starting to outnumber the meaningful discussions we have in here. And it's getting to the point where multiple people have let me know about this issue, multiple times. At the same time, I'd be really sad to see my group turn into somewhere to put "every single little thought that enters your head" or short, 2-word discussions that don't make a lot of sense. I hate that I'm telling you that you can't post certain things, even though it's technically not "inappropriate", but I want new members who visit this group for the first time to see pages of interesting, meaningful discussions that spark conversation, and not hundreds of spam discussions that don't make sense.
Today, I deleted 85 "spam" discussions (update: this number is now 200), most of which were posted within the last month. You may notice, when scrolling this group's discussions, that there's a lot less clutter. Let's keep it that way.
In short, please tone down on these sorts of "spam discussions". That doesn't mean you can't talk about certain things, though! Feel free to talk about whatever you want, but just make it something that we can converse about - something of quality :D
Example of a good discussion:
hey guys, today I had an audition - it went quite well! What are some of your audition stories?
Or: hey guys, I had a bit of a rough day today...I need someone to talk to and maybe ask for advice. Thanks!!
Example of a spam discussion:
Rebecca Y is actually Dookis
I figured I should provide a clearer explanation of the types of stuff I delete cause right now a lot of you are wondering why your stuff is getting deleted :P
- if you need to ask a question specifically for me (or any other user) - send them a private message, ask them on their scores, or reply to one of their comments. Please don't make a whole new discussion for it.
- please don't post new discussions just to comment on how many discussions or members there are in the group - if the milestone is super major, then I'll allow one (and delete all other discussions about the same thing - just to limit redundancy)
- if your discussion contains offensive, rude, or inappropriate material
- if the discussion, although it itself might potentially spark conversation, has a comment section completely filled with spam, with little to no actual conversation
- if the discussion has a comment section completely filled with inappropriate topics, or insults
- if your discussion is very vague and doesn't make sense
- if your discussion perpetuates drama that I have asked the group to stop posting about
- if your discussion is the 3rd/4th/5th/etc. of the same discussion within a few days.
- if your discussion is an inside joke from somewhere else (discord, some other group, etc.) but looks like spam or sh*tpost to someone who doesn't know the joke (It's only to be fair - I delete other spam without second thought, so it's not fair to others that I leave up your seemingly spammy discussion)
- if your discussion exists for the sole purpose of getting the most comments in the group/on the site/etc.
- if your discussion exists for the sole purpose of getting comments in general
- if your discussion exists for the sole purpose of increasing the discussion count in the group
- update: as for discussions with large pictures or a series of pictures, please post them in the COMMENTS and NOT the discussion just so people don't have to scroll a mile to get through the discussion section. If you post long strings of pictures in the discussion, I will edit them out re-post them in the comments.
Again, I just do this to limit clutter/redundancy :) Thanks guys so much for all the activity and interesting discussions/conversations in here - I appreciate it a lot.
Thanks for reading!! <3
Worst person you know? It's story time.
Anything so weird that will blow you mind but at the same time quite pleasing to the ear?
I guess 50 years ago it could be Rap? Anyway to kick start, I'd share the "The Typewriter (Concerto)"
I signed up for Chuck Black's newsletter not too long ago, and there was a recent email saying that they were thinking about starting a movie based off one of the Kingdom Series!!! He posted a questionnaire that followed: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSem2G1lj0H0T_BV43quy7fH7PCoXH36865P3T-be-UuRqb1Vw/viewform
WHO'S EXCITED FOR THIS!!!
Rely on live performances rather than Musescore audio playback.
I noticed that a lot of Musescore composers I’ve come across on this site do this a lot when they’re trying to figure out what “sounds good”, when in reality it may not sound like you would expect when you actually perform it in front of people (or yourself). I know this may be obvious to most of you since we know the default soundfont provided by Musescore clearly isn’t perfect. But at the same time many beginner composers seem to forget that classical music is based on the experience of actual musicians and not a machine (unless you are generating your score/sheet music on your computer). Ultimately, your music could sound good in Musescore, but could sound terrible live. Same goes for the other way around. If you're going to be a well-rounded composer, whether you're doing it professionally or for fun, then always base your judgements on performances, no matter what the audio playback sounds like.
There’s many benefits to this: 1) you’d get to know the performer through their strengths and weaknesses based on their live performances, 2) you’re able to tell which instruments blend together and which stand out the most, 3) you have sources of inspiration for your compositions in case you’re on composer's block.
Note: You don’t have to give a long speech behind your advice haha. But if you want to, go ahead if it helps future composers.
Read at face value XD Also, does anyone here play School of Dragons, DragonVale or Castle Cats?
My tag for Seeker's Notes is: 0fn6qc
This group is to challenge all of you to try writing a short 8 measure hymn like (4 part harmony using grand staff) piece each day throughout the school year! This will help you grow in many ways as a composer, for you will learn how to train your ear to create 4 part harmonies that sound beautiful, you will become a more creative yet structured composer, and you will learn how to break out of composers block!