nah jk but oh man you start a new group the same time as me? what a coincidence
If you all want to join a jazz composition contest here you go.
It will be going until July 21st
(sorry for the self-promo, just dont want only 2 contestants)
Details are in this score:
I'm transcribing a piece for jazz trio, but I have run across a slight problem. The piece is in swing time, with a 67% eighth note ratio. If I add an acciaccatura (or any other grace note that comes before the beat, as far as I can tell) onto an off-beat note, the grace note is played far too early. It's almost as if it's playing a grace note for the straight eighth, rather than the swing eighth. The grace note works fine if it's on the on-beat. Can anyone give me some advice for how to fix this?
I'm 13 and this is my first orchestral waltz it took me about a day to complete, that is why it is so short. Please provide feedback,
CCC#2 is here!
Based on the results of the survey I sent out on Friday 7th June, it occurred to me that several of the themes which I suggested, and asked you to vote on, would in fact fit quite nicely together. Therefore, for this second competition, I have found another painting by Caspar David Friedrich, since the response for “The Watzmann” was very good. I am also going to give a genre of music (as wide as possible, but still something to go on) and a short story available in the file below.
If you would like to help judge the competition, or have any other queries, please message on Musescore, or via discord @jte#9811
Details of the competition:
- The deadline will be in 4 weeks time (Saturday 29th June)
- The genre, as chosen by the survey will be “Film Music”. This is deliberately a very wide genre in order to give the contestants freedom of creativity. There will be an award for the most original take on the task, as with the first competition.
Obviously this theme can be interpreted to fit your desires.
- The painting (shown below) and the story are both in the google docs file. If you have any issues accessing this file, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to help.
- Your work must be completely original/all your own work.
- Be nice when critiquing other people’s work. Constructive criticism is fine, but don’t be rude. If you do, you will be disqualified from the competition and banned from the group.
- All pieces and comments must be appropriate.
Please let me know if you’re planning on taking part. I’d like to have an idea of who might be competing.
Kinda weird how I'm the only one so far entering the competition even though it's been almost a month and no one has submitted anything yet. So I'm gonna start off with my entry for the contest. Link below:
Please submit something. I don't wanna be the only one entering haha. :p
I like putting low bass parts in choral pieces. Like my motet I put in the sheet music section. Any suggestions are welcome.
I have been having this composers block for about a week now. I usually embrace it and just move on to composing something else, but this is a 50 follower special composition that I have been working on.
I would like to know your opinion about my music, maybe u can give me advice? is there some places where my music sounds "a little bit off" or you saw some mistakes in my score let me know... its mix of romantic and jazzy music
I realize Barry Harris is a pianist, but check out the first several bars and you will see a sax transcription over the chords to Giant Steps
The first competition is here!
For this month, the theme will be "Relaxation", since summer is a relaxing time of year. Any pieces composed/arranged/transcribed should incorporate relaxation in some way.
Have fun, and good luck!
Also, as nothing has been submitted yet, the June competition has been extended.