I have been composing a polonaise in Bb for the past few days. The A section of the polonaise is what I have written down. The A section of the A section is what my first few questions are about and is the exclusively diatonic section. The B section of the A section is more chromatic. I am asking these questions because they came up to me after listening to my own polonaise a few times.
1) Is the bass in the A section of the A section(bars 1-8 and 23-30) too dense?
2) In the consequent phrase(bars 5-8), is the bass too close to the melody? Should I bring it down an octave?
3) In the B section of the A section(bars 9-22), am I handling my chromaticism correctly or not?
4) Is it too much of me to expect a pianist to play a polonaise rhythm in octaves for the whole B section of the A section?
5) Do I smoothly transition into the inversion(left hand becomes right hand kind of inversion) or not?
6) Is my A section too repetitive with 2 periods and a motive sandwiched between the 2 periods and the repeat sign?
7) Is 30 bars enough for the A section of a piece that I expect to be 200 or so bars long, or should I extend my A section further?
Here is the link to my polonaise score:
How else do you think it could be improved? Right now, I'm thinking of what to put in the B section of my polonaise.
There is a problem with the link right now, if you wish to be the judge, be sure to ask MajorAndMinor for an invite because right now, there is no other way of becoming a judge and admin.
On August 1st, I posted the 3rd period's challenge. It is okay if you did not see. As a reminder this is the challenge: The 3rd challenge will start on August 8th and end on September 8th. This is the challenge: 1. None of the song can be in 4/4 time. 2. It has to include more than 1 instrument in the whole song. Please start adding songs.
banana group https://musescore.com/groups/banana-group/discuss/5046069#comment-5108578
sound effects and fonts https://musescore.com/groups/fun-silly-amusing-crazy-outrageous-hilarious-soundfonts-and-sound-effects/
downy yellow dingle dork https://musescore.com/groups/the-downy-yellow-dingle-dork-extinction-group
dydd opera group
anyone have ideas on how to improve the group?
This took me about a day to compose, Please provide feedback
I had created this piece in about a day, please provide feedback so that i may improve
Oh, I said it in the title. Anyone?
I think i just joined the group. I play flute, but haven't picked it up in a while. I need motivation.
How's everyone been???
We also need help getting people into this awesome group. Are you up for the challenge?
Make sure you read the rules of this group and the mission!
I'm challenging all of you to do this with me, it can take as short as 15 minutes of your day to put something together, and trust me, it'll help you zero in on a method to your own composing that will help you down the road!