Hey I'm whizzing through space.
wouldnt it be nice if musescore had a group devoted to educating members on music theory, arranging, orchestration...
yeah, I know that some high school classes use musescore for teaching music but that isnt exactly what I mean here. I mean a place totally here at musescore where members could make intelligent critical educated helpful comments about music.
there are certainly members who are very well educated in music who could help members out with their music, exchange helpful comments, a place where people could actually learn about music rather than the hit or miss experimentation alot of us do. I know I am just talking into the wind, but still, sigh.....oh well.....
do your have a favorite film music?
what about it makes it your favorite?
(what is muic?)
It is really great that musescore now can let you post your compositions online with the same soundfonts and thus the same sound you hear on your own home computer, or wherever you do your composing. No more frustrations of having the posted compositions sounding different from what you wanted. Under file, click save online and check the box for importing your composition's sound. Nice.
I wonder about this as a number of commenters seem highly critical of compositions that aren't according to musical conventions - with instruments out of order in the score, instruments being played outside their normal musical range, or absence or misuse of musical notations.
CCC#2 is here!
Based on the results of the survey I sent out on Friday 7th June, it occurred to me that several of the themes which I suggested, and asked you to vote on, would in fact fit quite nicely together. Therefore, for this second competition, I have found another painting by Caspar David Friedrich, since the response for “The Watzmann” was very good. I am also going to give a genre of music (as wide as possible, but still something to go on) and a short story available in the file below.
If you would like to help judge the competition, or have any other queries, please message on Musescore, or via discord @jte#9811
Details of the competition:
- The deadline will be in 4 weeks time (Saturday 29th June)
- The genre, as chosen by the survey will be “Film Music”. This is deliberately a very wide genre in order to give the contestants freedom of creativity. There will be an award for the most original take on the task, as with the first competition.
Obviously this theme can be interpreted to fit your desires.
- The painting (shown below) and the story are both in the google docs file. If you have any issues accessing this file, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to help.
- Your work must be completely original/all your own work.
- Be nice when critiquing other people’s work. Constructive criticism is fine, but don’t be rude. If you do, you will be disqualified from the competition and banned from the group.
- All pieces and comments must be appropriate.
Please let me know if you’re planning on taking part. I’d like to have an idea of who might be competing.
"I'll save you!"
(Insert more below.)
For Pete's sake let's talk about Music.!!!! (and no hijacking to talk about silliness, mentioning no names.....Chinadoll.!!!
*kicks down door*
Please help name this piece! Feedback also appreciated. :)