I need help with Snell's law. We're given wavelength (650nm), index of refraction 1 (1.333), index of refraction 2 (1.000) and varying degrees of angle 1, we need to find angle 2 and the reflected angle. I got angle 2 for angle 1 of 20 and 40, but for 60 and 80 the formula n1sintheta1 = n2sintheta2 does not work because it's more than one
Yep, that's me...I'm not keeping it long, 'cause I look dumb. LOL!
I live where Scott Cao made Vov Dyllan's violin and where NASA put that weird tech
stuff in his violin!
Hello there. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for not putting out a lesson for a few weeks. I'm gonna try to be more regular with this but I can't promise anything at the moment.
This lesson will focus on the two most common musical forms for jazz: 12-bar blues and the 32-bar form.
Before going more in-depth with each form, know that almost all jazz music follows a basic pattern for musical structure. First, the ensemble plays through the head of the tune (the piece's main melody) once or sometimes even twice. Afterwards various players in the ensemble will take turns playing an improvised solo over the chord progression of the head. After a number of players get a chance to solo, they finish the tune playing through the head one more time. The 12-bar blues and 32-bar form are simply the forms in which the tune's head is played.
Starting with 12-bar blues, this is the form you will see in almost all blues pieces written. This from also has a chord progression that all blues follows. While there are variations to this chord progression, in its most basic form the progression is (all chords are dominant 7ths):
I (4 bars) - IV (2 bars) - I (2 bars) - V (1 bar) - IV (1 bar) - I (2 bars)
An important various to the blues progression is know as "Bird Blues" as it's Charlie Parker's variation on the 12-bar blues. I won't go over it in detail for this lesson but perhaps in the future I will.
The second form we'll look at is the 32-bar form. This form comes in a number of its own variations, but the most common in jazz tunes is AABA. This variation starts off with an 8-bar "A section" melody that is then repeated, usually with some variation (A'). Afterwards, there's a new 8-bar "B section" melody (also called the bridge) before it finishes off the last 8 bars with the "A" melody again (or A').
Of course, these aren't the only forms in jazz, but they make up a good majority of jazz charts ever written. If you have any questions let me know in the comments. I'm also looking for suggestions for the next lesson if you have any. I hope this was helpful for everyone.
like, what led to you choosing your profile picture as what it is?
Mine was when i started speedrunning deltarune and then i made this
I haven't seen this discussion before and used the discussion search bar to find it but couldn't. Here's a philosophy debate: are humans good or evil?
I'm curious, how many of you would be interested in me doing a face reveal?
I'm not saying that I will do it, but, I would like to see how many people want me too. Yes, I know this is a a long time after when everyone else did theirs, but, I've been too busy to think about it before now. LOL! Hopefully, I don't get kick out of RSA for this...
Does anyone know how to add reverb or perhaps edit the samples that are used for particular instruments in Musescore? I also can't figure out how to add pedal to the piano.
If anyone can help with this I would be grateful! Thanks.
What would it be?
Mine would be teleportation.
chào anh em , Anh em có sheet nhạc Đường chúng ta đi Tây du ký không ạ
Post epic memes and I will judge them
1=Not even a meme
10=The best meme I have seen
I saw the cool discussions people were having in RSA and I decided to join.
I have no life lol.
I changed my username again.
I was wondering what the most common saxophone variant is, whether is be soprano, alto, tenor, or baritone. Can you tell me your type.
Basically, I'm being a copy-cat. Only thing different from the one in RSA and this one, is this is for riddles only.
So, for those of you who don't know the rules, I will try to explain. There will be 10 riddles per round. If you answer a riddle correctly, you will get a point! You are allowed to guess as many times as you want. The person that has the most points by the end of the round, wins that round!
Also, only Phia and I will post the riddles. Please, do not try to post your own because I will delete them. If you want to post riddles, you must do it in a different discussion.
Aight, so it has been brought to my attention that the whole musix thing is getting quite a bit out of hand, so Imma step in and make an announcement (btw thanks @mnmwert) So!
- The devs are going to ensure that musix gets banned. No one needs to do anything about it anymore. If a suspicious account messages you, the best response is NOTHING. Or you could reply in a way that makes them stop messaging you so nothing blows up. They can't troll you if you don't allow it.
- If you do choose to reply, and things get out of hand, that will no longer be this group's business. I really do try to help people settle down drama in here, and I became involved in the musix thing as a result, because as the owner of RSA, I want it to be a happy community that doesn't tolerate trolls or creeps. But it looks like things are starting to get out of control, and if I step in to any more musix incidents, it's only gonna contribute to the blowups. As much as I try to moderate this group, I am only a group owner, and not a musescore dev. I cannot control anything that happens outside of groups I own/moderate, and I (along with the rest of RSA) cannot do anything about his private messages to you. If you get into another incident with musix, report him to the devs, and not this group where everyone can see and get involved. Any other discussions about musix after I post this discussion will be deleted.
- You do not have to forgive musix in order to stop perpetuating the drama. I don't condone his actions, nor am I prepared to forgive him and allow him into this group. I will continue to keep him out of this group, and, if appropriate, resist him if he tries to harass me or this group in general. But a blowup requires at least two people, so he won't be able to start a fight with just himself or someone who's clearly uninterested to fight with him.
- To those of you who were heavily involved (including myself): like mnmwert said, we don't hold anything against you. We understand that you were disgusted with musix's sexual harassment, and so am I. But we should drop the whole thing altogether if we want to move on.
- I repeat - ANY DISCUSSION POSTED AFTER THIS ABOUT MUSIX WILL BE DELETED. You do not need to forgive him, but from now on we will try our best to ignore him and handle the situation maturely. We made mistakes and overreacted out of anger and disgust, but we can turn it around and go back to having the happy, chatty, amazing RSA we've always known :D
Hey so I've just finished writing my second original piece dubbed "Lost in the Woods". I just want some feedback and criticism on it. Enjoy!