I'm curious, how many of you would be interested in me doing a face reveal?
I'm not saying that I will do it, but, I would like to see how many people want me too. Yes, I know this is a a long time after when everyone else did theirs, but, I've been too busy to think about it before now. LOL! Hopefully, I don't get kick out of RSA for this...
I'm curious, how many of you would be interested in me doing a face reveal?
I need help with Snell's law. We're given wavelength (650nm), index of refraction 1 (1.333), index of refraction 2 (1.000) and varying degrees of angle 1, we need to find angle 2 and the reflected angle. I got angle 2 for angle 1 of 20 and 40, but for 60 and 80 the formula n1sintheta1 = n2sintheta2 does not work because it's more than one
These are things that you would advise people not to learn about (ironically, this will make people search online due to curiosity).
Here's one: Spiderworms
One of these things that genuinely scares me. WARNING: You may be disgusted.
Basically, I'm being a copy-cat. Only thing different from the one in RSA and this one, is this is for riddles only.
So, for those of you who don't know the rules, I will try to explain. There will be 10 riddles per round. If you answer a riddle correctly, you will get a point! You are allowed to guess as many times as you want. The person that has the most points by the end of the round, wins that round!
Also, only Phia and I will post the riddles. Please, do not try to post your own because I will delete them. If you want to post riddles, you must do it in a different discussion.
Hi everyone, my name is Sierra. I just thought I'd mention that I am also the 700 member. (I though that was pretty cool) I enjoy music of most any kind (my favorite genres are contemporary, country, and classical. I am also a christian and definitely not ashamed of it. Also thanks to Rebecca Y for letting me join.
Today marks the release of MuseScore Piano Roll. Piano Roll is a popular and convenient method to display piano notation in a way that not only simplifies learning a new piece for novice musicians who lack a teacher, it also beautifully visualizes each score.
(Video captured from https://musescore.com/classicman/scores/33715 )
Give it a try by simply clicking on the Piano Roll icon now available on all solo piano scores. Be sure to tell us what you think in Improving MuseScore.com!
All of these improvements are designed to not only make MuseScore.com the most valuable resource online for sharing and discovering great musical works but for learning them as well.
We hope you’ll be as excited about this new feature as we were to create it for you, and as always we look forward to your feedback.
This is just the first of an exciting series of updates and releases for MuseScore PianoRoll; we're already hard at work on improving the experience!
I know this is a men's barb group, but I'm in a women's barb quartet. We're having a little trouble finding barb music that's not Christmas or the Chordettes.
Does anyone have advice on adapting men's music for women's voices.
Four days ago I noticed a new style of font on the comments section of my page. I figured it was your new Spring look, but now whenever I want to play a piece of mine or elsewhere one of three things happens:
1) The blue line begins to race across the page before I press play and it plays with the scroll 8 or so bars ahead; 2) it stutters or does not play; 3) It plays (eureka!)
Hardly a good way to entice listeners, wouldn't you say?
Sometimes it stalls and it takes forever to leave the page.
Until this occurrence all had been fine. I have rebooted and my PC seems to be fine in all other aspects. I use Windows 10, Firefox and ver 2.3.2.
The good, or bad. I don't care so long as it is honest.
I haven't seen this discussion before and used the discussion search bar to find it but couldn't. Here's a philosophy debate: are humans good or evil?
Look, I know he was a jerk, but what's going on is practically no better then what he was doing.
We have a very slanderous account of the events in this group's history ( @Rebecca Y my intent contacting his mother to try and help him, not to get him in trouble. I don't want my name to be a part of something portrayed in the way that you wrote it, can you please remove my name from that section of the group's history?). More recently some people pulled a prank on him essentially trolling him and taking justice into their own hands.
I am not saying what he did was justified at all. However I'm saying that after having a talk with his mother (as you know I have her contact information) you all do not know the exact full story. The kid really doesn't know any better. Sure he should be banned, and he got banned. But I'm against the vigilantism that has been taking place. What's going on is overstepping some really plain moral boundaries.
I admit myself that I took a part in the drama at first, saying how horrible what he did was. I apologize for anything I did that was out of bounds.
beyond that I'm surprised that a lot of you are still following in on this. I just feel like some of us should know better. Some of the Christians in this group I know should know better. I should know better. Whatever happened to mercy and compassion? Whatever happened to forgiveness. Heck I'm mad at myself for encouraging this.
I twisted the intent of my part in this so it would fit in with the group. I portrayed myself contacting his mother as vigilante justice and revenge, not what I actually meant it to be.
I think we really need to make sure that the drama in this group doesn't get out of hand. I think we really over stepped our boundaries here. This became more then innocent fun. We could have really hurt another human being. What if you or I were in their position? Would you want to be treated that way.
I'm sorry that I'm writing this. I prefer to just be funny and lighthearted. I definitely did not enjoy writing this. I don't mean to condemn anyone and I hope no one feels that way when reading this. I'm writing this because I hope that we can change. I hope we can admit that this time that we did do some wrong things.
Anyway please take my name out of any history for this group regarding musix.
I also don't want to be known as a 'Musix annoyer'.
I don't know, but if this is what this group stands for - vigilante justice, mal-intended drama, hurting another human being, well, I don't know if I want to be a part of that. And it pains me to think that I might have without realizing that.
Thanks for reading through this.
I don't mean to offend anyone.
I hope I didn't offend anyone.
So my parents finally bought me an alto last March (I had 3 years under my belt then) and it's a student yamaha. I thought it sounded fine, and I played fairly decent with it. Marching band passed, and no problems. I got a new mouthpiece (Selmer c star) before auditioning for an all east TN honor band a few months ago in December (I made it), and I thought I sounded good still. My teacher said my sound was fine. Recently, for the past month or two, I've been noticing a subtle "buzzy" sound when I play, and at first I thought it was the reed. I changed reeds and found out that was not the case. I showed my band director, and he said it shouldn't be a problem. I showed my teacher, too, but he said he couldn't hear it. I even gave my friend a chance to play my sax, and we both could hear it. Fast track to a few days ago; I got my sax out to start practicing, and immediately I was hit with the very noticeable buzzy sound... but much worse than before. Almost every note has the buzzy sound in it; especially middle g through middle d. I'm going to meet my teacher about it in a few days. But, would anyone know any reason for this just suddenly happening? I feel like it could be my mouthpiece, since it has tiny scratches here and there, or my alto itself, or both. Any advice would be appreciated.
Inspired the game over at MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1518596), let's count upwards and see how far we can go until a count breaker (listed below) comments and makes us start over.
(The title is kept for historical significance. Count breakers were Pro users with 200+ followers in Season 1)
- A player may only post once every 24 hours** or after another player has posted, whichever comes first.
- A post by a count breaker (listed below) restarts the count (that post is 0).
- The count must go up in order (no missing numbers).
- A counter who holds the last post of a run of at least 10 becomes a place holder.
- A counter can only hold one place at a time. If they win a run that is higher than their record on the board, their record is updated; otherwise, the run is ignored and not placed.***
- Top 3 place holders become count breakers next season (this includes staff).
- The season restarts every 12 pages.
- A run is allowed to spill into the next season, up to a maximum of one page. The new count breakers start as soon as the count is broken or when the count reaches the second page, whichever comes first.*
- MuseScore staff (those with the "staff" badge) count as normal, but they can additionally nullify a count breaker's 0 post and turning it into a regular count post by posting immediately after it (i.e. with no post in between). The staff's post should be x+2, where x is the number in the post immediately before the count was broken.****
* Introduced in Season 3
** Introduced in Season 6
*** Introduced in Season 7
**** Introduced in Season 10
As a courtesy, if your post is wrong because someone posted before you, edit your post instead of deleting it.
Current Season: Season 10
Next Season: Page 121
Count breakers for Season 10:
- Aqueous Humourati
Example (* means a count breaker, ** means staff):
1. A: 1
2. B: 2
3. C: 3
4. D*: 0
5. C: 1
6. E*: 0 :P
7: F**: 3 :P :P
8: A: 4
... and so on.
Records for Season 10 (records start at 10):
1. Jaybird1, 25: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=114#comment-5009596
2. LeptuneX, 17: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=113#comment-5002045
3. Pianodudette, 16: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=115#comment-5019201
4. Kenobunny, 15: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=113#comment-5003587
5. tPenguinLTG, 13: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=111#comment-4995533
All-time record: 630, mike320 (Season 4): https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=49#comment-3297911
Records for Season 1: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=13#comment-2905856
Records for Season 2: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=25#comment-3227841
Records for Season 3: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=37#comment-3290251
Records for Season 4: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=50#comment-3297916
Records for Season 5: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=61#comment-4241411
Records for Season 6: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=74#comment-4877543
Records for Season 7: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=85#comment-4925782
Records for Season 8: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=97#comment-4948484
Records for Season 9: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=109#comment-4980393
I'll start: 1
what fruit would you be?
I wrote this a year ago and recently updated the notation and the piece, I just want to know what everyone thinks
Hi everyone, this is the second piece I post here. It would be really nice of you to tell me what you think about it ! https://musescore.com/user/31801492/scores/5585118
Thank you !
Aight, so it has been brought to my attention that the whole musix thing is getting quite a bit out of hand, so Imma step in and make an announcement (btw thanks @mnmwert) So!
- The devs are going to ensure that musix gets banned. No one needs to do anything about it anymore. If a suspicious account messages you, the best response is NOTHING. Or you could reply in a way that makes them stop messaging you so nothing blows up. They can't troll you if you don't allow it.
- If you do choose to reply, and things get out of hand, that will no longer be this group's business. I really do try to help people settle down drama in here, and I became involved in the musix thing as a result, because as the owner of RSA, I want it to be a happy community that doesn't tolerate trolls or creeps. But it looks like things are starting to get out of control, and if I step in to any more musix incidents, it's only gonna contribute to the blowups. As much as I try to moderate this group, I am only a group owner, and not a musescore dev. I cannot control anything that happens outside of groups I own/moderate, and I (along with the rest of RSA) cannot do anything about his private messages to you. If you get into another incident with musix, report him to the devs, and not this group where everyone can see and get involved. Any other discussions about musix after I post this discussion will be deleted.
- You do not have to forgive musix in order to stop perpetuating the drama. I don't condone his actions, nor am I prepared to forgive him and allow him into this group. I will continue to keep him out of this group, and, if appropriate, resist him if he tries to harass me or this group in general. But a blowup requires at least two people, so he won't be able to start a fight with just himself or someone who's clearly uninterested to fight with him.
- To those of you who were heavily involved (including myself): like mnmwert said, we don't hold anything against you. We understand that you were disgusted with musix's sexual harassment, and so am I. But we should drop the whole thing altogether if we want to move on.
- I repeat - ANY DISCUSSION POSTED AFTER THIS ABOUT MUSIX WILL BE DELETED. You do not need to forgive him, but from now on we will try our best to ignore him and handle the situation maturely. We made mistakes and overreacted out of anger and disgust, but we can turn it around and go back to having the happy, chatty, amazing RSA we've always known :D
I can't decide if I should switch to Baritone or Tenor Sax, or if I should stay an Alto Sax. Can you help me decide
What would it be?
Mine would be teleportation.
Hy guys, I play Alto Sax and I'm 14. I play it since I was 10 but I don't feel any improve in technique since 1 year ago. I was wondering how I improve. Thanks for who answers me!