Im a multi instrumentalist (woodwind, brass, pizzicato strings, keyboards) but my main instrument is trombone and i am a jazz trombonist. I am looking for a good song to arrange with trombone as melody, piano, drums, bass, maybe guitar, maybe vibes. Any good ideas? The O.G. song doesn't have to have a trombone
As you think about Writing for DrumLine Battle, there's a few rules you'll want to keep in mind:
1. Basically Any Instrument is OK as long as you can carry it on and carry it off. No 23 Octave Marimbas on wheels.
2. There are restrictions on power sources, but guitars and basses with Amps can be used.
3. The performance time needs to be between 90 seconds and 120 seconds. (min half to two minutes).
So, get creative and let's get some music written!
I just posted a score using the new MDL drumline and it isnt making any sounds
I want to make a piece for a low brass quartet but don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
Ever wanted to get paid just to drum, talk about drumming, think about drumming - all day long?
Do you love technology, internet, social media?
Interested to work in a fast-paced, Rock 'n' Roll environment - literally (company was recently acquired by Ultimate Guitar)?
MuseScore, one of the world’s largest community for musicians, is looking for a Community Manager - Percussion to join our fast-growing team.
- Chops - DCI/WGI level
- Live to drum, love to write for percussion
- Able to work independently, see an opportunity and act
- Able to create a plan and execute against metrics
- Comfortable speaking on camera (instructional video, webcasts, interviews, etc.)
- Proficient with all forms of social media
- Experience with video or audio a definite plus
- Knowledge of all forms of percussion - drum set, concert percussion, keyboard percussion, with a deep knowledge of marching percussion
- University degree is NOT required - we care more about your practical knowledge, skills, creativity
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all percussion-related activities and content on Musescore.com
- Responsible for user growth and increased engagement within percussion segment
- Propose YOUR ideas for innovative solutions to reach goals
- Manage the development of MuseScore Drumline 2.0 (next generation of current product https://musescore.org/en/mdl)
- Be engaged in entire MDL development process - design, built, launch, support
- Manage relationships with percussion brands and influencers
- Have freedom to solve complex tasks and use non-standard approaches.
- Travel to and present at top conferences and events - PASIC, BOA, WGI, DCI, TMEA, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- Get paid well doing something you truly love
- Opportunity to make a major impact in percussion education
- Travel - not only experience life overseas, but regularly return to US for conferences & events
- Opportunity to learn new skills or explore different responsibility on the project. BTW - we have no hierarchy, only responsibilities
- A literal Rock 'n' Roll atmosphere and approach to development
- Beautiful office in the city center and no dress code
- We work differently - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Breakfast, soup, sandwiches served free throughout the day
- Push a button and get a coffee, tea, coke or even a Jack Daniel’s delivered to your desk
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should simply send a brief email outlining their qualifications/experience (full resume/CV optional) to daniel@muses**re.com with subject - Community Manager - Percussion.
Candidates should be prepared for a brief 10-15 minute discussion via FaceTime/Google Meet. Understanding that many potential candidates could likely be currently touring, bandcamping, etc., we can be very flexible in accommodating schedule.
P.S. - Job is located in Europe. Candidates should be prepared to relocate, but with frequent travel to US. Relocation expenses covered by company.
I'm actually a new Musescorer, so I want to ask:
How do you insert triplets in your piece?
Who can make the best all-vibraphone piece? No other instruments. Just vibraphones. Maximum of 8 different parts.
Yo, can we get some decent Timpani solos, duets, etc. up in here?? furreals, there ain't that much kickin' out there!
Hi! I am currently working on a Marching Show Ballad, covering "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica. I've got the jist of it written (Measures/Time Signatures/Rhythm Template) I just, now need somebody to fill in the break. It's very short. There is a possibility that I will extend it in the future, but I'd like to see what I could get first.
Thanks in advance.
Hey, guys! I'm new here and have been recently writing an indoor percussion piece (I've only written front ensemble) and I need someone to write battery for it. I need a snare, 5 drum tenor/quintet quads, and 5 bass drums. Whoever is willing to do it must be able to stick to a schedule.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Would anyone be up for designing an indoor show with me? I have VDL and I want to experiment with it, using all of its purposes. Message me for more details!
Summer Wool added to the Sheet Music for the group.
Seeing as the current Musescore uploading system doesn't work with the new MDL soundfont, I encourage anyone who's been writing with it to upload an mp3 to Soundcloud, and put a link to it in this thread. I'll start with something I wrote these last 2 days as a test to see how the new sounds respond at various dynamic levels.
The first preview release of MDL is now available for download.
Download the file mdl_0_2_5.zip and follow the instructions outlined in the enclosed readme.txt file.
This is an ALPHA release, so you will likely experience some minor bugs and the installation and configuration process is currently a manual process.
Included you will also find a rough draft of the notation reference for:
If you are a VDL user or used to reading notation created in VDL, the notation reference should be somewhat familiar, though there are some clear differences.
Currently in progress, but not yet included are:
- Solo Snare
- Solo Tenors
- Cymbal line
PLEASE DO feel free to offer feedback or suggestions on how we can improve any aspect of the sound playback, particularly:
- Instrument sound
- Balance across instrument
- Articulation quality
- Articulation accuracy
- Ensemble blend
Very specific and concrete suggestions can more easily help us to improve the quality and make a finished version freely available to the community as quickly as possible.
Hey! I'm newer to percussion and writing for percussion (I play glockenspiel and handbells), and I'm looking to expand my composition repertoire to include percussion ensemble pieces. I was wondering if anybody has any tips on composing for percussion. If so, that would be very much appreciated.
Thank you! :)
I thought I would share the progress with the new percussion soundfont. Here is a demo of marching snare.
A couple of points to mention - each sound has 4 samples with random alternations between each sample to make it sound much more realistic.
The soundfont is fully compatible with VDL, so has all the same articulations and capabilities (except mallet changes).
There will be 6 tenors and 2 bassline options - 6 basses and 10 basses.
I hope to be able to get this to the community to be testing within the next couple of weeks. :-)
I am looking for a better soundfont for marching percussion is there any with flams and tenor shots? any kind of info would help
Hello! I composed a high school indoor percussion show that is still untitled. I am very new to writing for battery so I am asking someone to do it for me. I will credit you! More than one person can do it. Do not steal my composition and claim it as your own.
There are some parts that I would like for battery parts to not be written:
1. During the preshow, before keyboards enter for the first time.
2. During the transition to Part 2.
3. During the beginning of Part 2, with the eerie celesta phrases. After the marimba enters with the swelling eighth notes, it is fine, and so on.
Here are some parts where I'd like a specific thing to happen:
1. A tenor "Feature" that includes syncopated rims.
2. A cymbal feature where the keyboards decrescendo to mp before the final impact to the end.
Beyond that, you can do whatever you please!
LINK : https://musescore.com/user/226816/scores/5019991
Contact me as soon as you finish! Comment if you are interested!
Additionally, I compose for winds, so if you would like to collab in the future, my email is : email@example.com