I am working on my schools Cadence and I need help with finishing out the battery parts since I am at a complete stump. I will very much appreciate it if you all gave me some advice. https://musescore.com/user/30833944/scores/5509381
Hey guys. If you have a lot tune/indoor show/ensemble/solo you want to share, add it to the group. You are more than welcome to add your own compositions to this group.
Another #MusescoreMonday release from team RD
This time it's another rudimental lick.
Check it, learn it, share it
if you are a drill writer please message me i have a 2 minute indoor drum show id like to add drill too.
here's another #MusescoreMonday release from us. This time it's odd time rudimental warming up.
Check it out and let us know what you think!
Hey I made a group last year called Percussion Ensemble Fanatics where all pieces pertaining to percussion are accepted but we need more people and scores so if anyone wants to join
Hey I made a group back in March 2018 called Percussion Ensemble Fanatics but we need more people to join and post their music so if anyone is interested
Can anyone give me some feedback on this:
I'm not a percussionist at all. I play piano, but I can't hold a percussion stick or read rhythms for the life of me.
A while back, I created High Hopes from P!ATD and I noticed I am really bad at writing percussion ensembles. I was wondering if anyone could tutor me in their free time or show me how to make some actually good parts. :')
Time for another Warming Up score from team RD
Hope you all like it.
Let us know what you think and share!
First things first, transcribing is the arranging a piece of music for a different instrument or voice. Music engraving is the art of drawing music notation at a high quality for the purpose of mechanical reproduction (music copying at a higher degree of skill and quality). Arranging is the adaptation of a composition for performance with instruments or voices other that those originally specified. Here are a couple of tips for those who want to become a better arranger/transcriber/engraver.
1. Figure out what you want to arrange: Always brainstorm your ideas before you start arranging. A good strategy that I use is writing down/typing my ideas on a document. Then, listen to the song you want to arrange. This gives you an idea on how you want to format your arrangement
2. Get to know your transcribing software: After downloading your software, learn how to use it. There are many tutorials on Youtube and there's the online handbook. A good tip: don't be afraid of your computer keyboard. It's actually a huge advantage.
3. Give credit to the original composer: You should never take someone else's music and call it your own. It's wrong and illegal. Always follow the copyright laws. That doesn't mean you can't use the music. It means you can still use another person's music while keeping all of your rights reserved. Just give that person credit.
4. Don't be afraid of UWI's: What is a UWI?? It stands for Unidentified Weird Instruments. If you don't know what the instrument is, look it up or ask your music teacher. Weird instruments like the ocarina, the kazoo, and many others actually enhance your arrangement and make it sound unique.
5. Never doubt your abilities: Always have self confidence. When you doubt yourself, you're actually hindering your abilities. The way to gain self confidence is to practice.
I started transcribing almost two years ago. I hope these tips are helpful and I wish you good luck as you pursue this art.
I'm arranging an indoor show about the four elements including the selections:
Opening by Sleeping at Last
In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins
I Burn by Fools Garden
Waves by Dean Lewis
Earth by Sleeping at Last
Any good titles for this show?
Yay!!!!! I found a great title. Its called Terra Firma
What is your favorite DCI (Drum Corps International) and/or WGI (Winter Guard International) show? Mine are:
Babylon SCV 2018(DCI)
Metamorph Blue Devils 2017(DCI)
The Uninvited Pulse 2017(WGI)
We The People Vigilantes 2016 (WGI)
Hold On Vigilantes 2017 (WGI)
Drum Corpse Bride The Academy 2016(DCI)
Beast Carolina Crown 2018(DCI)
The Static Vigilantes 2019(WGI)
The Secret Zoo Monarch Independent 2019(WGI)
Not sure how many of you know about the MuseScore feature where you can synchronize a YouTube video with a score, but thought it could be pretty cool to sync up some lot videos.
Here is an example of a synchronized score: https://musescore.com/robin_m_butler/drum-corp
This could take the concept of Vic Firth's "Learn the Music" to the next level. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCq9eCicq8HmD80vSyIbp8w
For those of you who don't know this, I created this group just recently and it would be totally awesome if we had more members. So if you can, spread the word about this group and show some support for mallets.
There are so many great scores for winds on this site that lack percussion parts. I thought I would kick start a group here for wind arrangers looking for battery arrangers to collaborate with.
If you are a wind arranger looking to collab with a percussion arranger, post a link to your score in this thread.