Hey I posted a song not too long ago, and i could really use some suggestions/tips. Thanks :)
Looking for a percussion writer who would want to contribute to a collaboration piece. Not looking for anything super serious just someone to write some cool battery and front parts for one of the pieces I've written.
I have put together a Christmas presentation for my Sunday School Children at church. It is for age groups 3 to 14. I am happy to share the whole lot if someone is interested. It is a chronological reading of the events starting with the prophecies and ending with the 3 wise men. All the readings are interrupted with appropriate carols. Only 4 strong readers have speaking parts. The rest are silent, which makes preparation and rehearsals easy. I live in South Africa, so some of the songs are in the Afrikaans language, but all the songs can be done in English except for Bethlehem Ster, but that is replaceable. I have done an power point presentation to accompany the whole lot. You can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
I just edited out a few mistakes in my latest score. Feedback appreciated
Encase you do like it follow for more pieces that I will be releasing shortly
Would anybody be willing to transcribe Blue Devils 1996 "Club Blue" A Gangsters Chronicle?
Hello, I am in need of a brass writer and pit writer for an original drum corps show! Comment to get more information
I understand the basics of MIDI, but I need an example of someone else's setup that they got to work. Because I CANNOT figure it out.
Did y'all see Santa Clara won!
I would love some critque
Good luck to everyone at finals! It’s been an amazing season and you accomplished something amazing this summer. Today, tomorrow or Saturday; whenever your final performance is leave everything on the field. (Would’ve posted this this morning but sleep and rehearsal)
Hello! I'm a self-taught composer, and this is my second full piece (I've written things like character themes for friends that I don't count as full pieces) and, although I've been working on it throughout the summer, I'm still unhappy with it. I'm looking for critiques and tips on how I can improve this piece.
Ever wanted to get paid just to drum, talk about drumming, think about drumming - all day long?
Do you love technology, internet, social media?
Interested to work in a fast-paced, Rock 'n' Roll environment - literally (company was recently acquired by Ultimate Guitar)?
MuseScore, one of the world’s largest community for musicians, is looking for a Community Manager - Percussion to join our fast-growing team.
- Chops - DCI/WGI level
- Live to drum, love to write for percussion
- Able to work independently, see an opportunity and act
- Able to create a plan and execute against metrics
- Comfortable speaking on camera (instructional video, webcasts, interviews, etc.)
- Proficient with all forms of social media
- Experience with video or audio a definite plus
- Knowledge of all forms of percussion - drum set, concert percussion, keyboard percussion, with a deep knowledge of marching percussion
- University degree is NOT required - we care more about your practical knowledge, skills, creativity
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all percussion-related activities and content on Musescore.com
- Responsible for user growth and increased engagement within percussion segment
- Propose YOUR ideas for innovative solutions to reach goals
- Manage the development of MuseScore Drumline 2.0 (next generation of current product https://musescore.org/en/mdl)
- Be engaged in entire MDL development process - design, built, launch, support
- Manage relationships with percussion brands and influencers
- Have freedom to solve complex tasks and use non-standard approaches.
- Travel to and present at top conferences and events - PASIC, BOA, WGI, DCI, TMEA, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- Get paid well doing something you truly love
- Opportunity to make a major impact in percussion education
- Travel - not only experience life overseas, but regularly return to US for conferences & events
- Opportunity to learn new skills or explore different responsibility on the project. BTW - we have no hierarchy, only responsibilities
- A literal Rock 'n' Roll atmosphere and approach to development
- Beautiful office in the city center and no dress code
- We work differently - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Breakfast, soup, sandwiches served free throughout the day
- Push a button and get a coffee, tea, coke or even a Jack Daniel’s delivered to your desk
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should simply send a brief email outlining their qualifications/experience (full resume/CV optional) to daniel@muses**re.com with subject - Community Manager - Percussion.
Candidates should be prepared for a brief 10-15 minute discussion via FaceTime/Google Meet. Understanding that many potential candidates could likely be currently touring, bandcamping, etc., we can be very flexible in accommodating schedule.
P.S. - Job is located in Europe. Candidates should be prepared to relocate, but with frequent travel to US. Relocation expenses covered by company.
I've just finished updating a score and now I can't upload it. I try deleting it and re uploading but now I can't re upload or upload at all. Was wondering if I was the only one.
So we had a 3 way tie for first, so I had to choose from those 3 as to which was first, second, and third (which also meant changing their scores so they placed as listed below lol)
FIRST! - @Skylighter - 20
SECOND! - @lizzapie - 19
THIRD! - @The Virtuoso Pianist - 18
now the point scale for the rest of you!
@lareinedeslapins - 17
@frncscbrqz - 17
@Thelight OI - 17
@WantaSample - 17
@jmoses - 16
@Kenobiingondolin2019 - 15
@MusicRebel - 15
@Grant Develle - 15
@NobleEwe - 15
@Shadows654 - 15
@pavlos235 - 14
@Deanna140601 - 14
@Okely Dokely - 14
@Msalis - 13
@BeeBunny - 13
Thank you all! it was a good competition around the board!
Got a bit of a late start due to some technical issues, but thought I'd live "blog" the San Antonio show, through out some thoughts and anyone else feel free to chime in... so, it's 2:56 PM in San Antonio.... Oregon Crusaders are on the field
Hey! So I'm starting work on a project called "Wake Up" and I'm looking for ideas of some possible songs to put in it. They can either be from this website or big professional works.
The show theme is more on the depressing/somber side with a twist at the very end. (Not spoiling anything yet) But help would be appreciated with the musical selections and also a percussion writer would be awesome!
I am currently working on my own drum corps piece using music by Thomas Bergersen in his album "Illusions." Please check it out and let me know what y'all think. Check the description to see what I plan to do with that piece. Please feel free to critique it and give me ideas. I hope y'all like what I have so far. Anyway here's the link. https://musescore.com/user/10964131/scores/5171039
Oh and if you don't know Thomas Bergersen I recommend you check him out. Listen to Two Steps From Hell.
I'll start my judging, and I'll do it with a 20 point scale like last time!
hopefully I can get it done soon!
There were a ton of submissions this time round, so thank you all!
order of JUDGING (not the results):