I've been sitting on this group for over a year without really doing anything with it. Its original purpose was to bring together the drum corps community on MuseScore by allowing others to post their own drum corps arrangements. In my original post on this group, I mentioned that I wanted to start a series of competitions that you guys can participate in, and I'm happy to say that I'm going to give a go, starting today!
So, what is the first competition?
I want to start off with something simple: Create a drum corps arrangement for any song that has a color in its name.
Here are the rules:
- Follow typical drum corps format (3 trumpet, 2 mellophone, 3 baritone, 1-2 tuba)
- You don't need to include percussion, but it might increase your chances of winning
- Only submit one arrangement per person!
- Arrangement must be at least 1:30 long, but no more than 5:00
When you're ready to enter, just reply to this post with a link to your arrangement.
So, if you win... what do you actually win? In the future, I hope to offer a month of Musescore Pro to winners. Maybe if enough people show interest? For this first competition, though, I will post the winner's arrangement to my YouTube channel, with a link(s) to whatever you want to advertise. Your YouTube, your Instagram, whatever!
Assuming people actually participate, I plan to end this competition by next Friday, 9/27, by 10PM EST. Have fun!
EDIT:When girls reach 200, we will have to count down, and guys will count up.
EDIT 2.0: GIRLS ARE COUNTING DOWN NOW..
EDIT 2.5: Once girls reach -200 or guys reach 300, we will reverse directions again to where guys count down and girls count up.
Female user: 1
Male user: 0
Female user: 1
Other female user: 2
Male user: 1
Female user: 2
And so on... for ever and ever...
Can someone please make sheet music for piano (and violin if you can) for don't stop believin by Journey? Please and thank you. My friend loves this song and she plays the piano and asked me if she could get sheet music for her for her birthday. Please and thank you!!!!
Not sure which key to title it in. This Prelude spends more time in Cmaj (Gmaj, etc), but resolves nicely to Amin. What do you think? Thanks!
Nice to meet you — my name is Mikhail Kirilin, i am the public relation manager of MuseScore — the best open source scores editor. Maybe you've heard about us ;)
And i've heard the community can be interested to receive our 1-year pro accounts. Right now i've got three 1-year pro accounts for you — but first i'd like to tell you the conditions how to receive one and save $49! Pro account features, like unlimited uploads and advanced statistics are described here.
You need to complete the simple conditions:
- To write a blog post (facebook, instagram, reddit — any social media place is welcome) about your experience with MuseScore editor.
- It can be a review, some professional tips & tricks, small educational video: any quality or fun content dedicated to the MuseScore too!
- Tag @musescore on Facebook or Twitter & add the hashtag #iwantmusescorepro
Send the publication link to my mail email@example.com. Don't forget to mention your MuseScore account name there!
At the end of the month, September 30th, our team will pick the next winners:
- The best at likes, reposts and reactions. The popular publication = win;
- The most interesting & helpful post. Our team will take the most professional post;
- The most creative publication — it can be anything! Even the photo/video/meme/joke... whatever!
Feel free to ask any questions!
Does anybody have the score of the Trombone Solo of the Overtime from YBBB? I would be very interested in this!
Please listen to my piece on Taps and give me feedback please!
This is my first composition.
Please, feel free to give any comment or suggestion.
Is anyone interested in the song Circles by Post Malone? I might be able to compose an arrangement of that song.
Took a Few days for us to write.
2. Most people have problems in learning and playing music in the classical notation because of musical notes dyslexia .
3. Thats why many ( young ) people who are very interested in making music and start with music at home or on a musical school, often stop after a few weeks because learning of the classical notation is to hard for them and it takes to long before they really can make music on f.i on a piano. So they give up and thtas a pity
4. A few years a go when i retired i started in trying to learn and making music on a piano in the classical notation.
5. I can now ( after a lot of hard study) read the classic music notation although it is still very difficult for me and i have to read every note one by one.
6. But I still arent ablle to read and play it on my piano the same time
7. Then i got knowledge of the klavarscribo notation systeem
8. see youtube
12. You only have to register to get acces to a lot of translated klavarscribo music and lessons
13. Here you can download piano lessons in klavarscribo and a lot of klavarscribo music
14. It is a very easy to learn music notation and one can make and read ( simple) music on a piano within a few houres music.
15. I am very very enthousiastic about klavar because i am convinced and this would help a lot of people to play the piano or organ.
16. I also started translating music from classical notation to Klavar notation on my computer
17. I translate music notated in the classical way :
18. -by first importing a pdf into musescore
19. -and correct then all the reading and importing mistakes note by note in musescore so that i have a clean and clear musescore.msz file
20. -Then a do an export to a musicxml file
21. -This file I import into klavarscript , a tiny klavar notation software program.
22. This superb little program , made in the past by one person ( Marco van de Kolk) isnt supported any more by him.
23. Also it takes a lot of work because importing a xml file into klavarscribo gives mostly a corrupted file so you have to check and correct many things in klavarscribo
24. I wonder if it is possible:
- to use the musescore software.
- to write/make a perfect and clean musescore file
- Convert this musescore directly into a PDF with the Klavarscribo page vieuw.
25. I ask this because there is a great communty of programming experts on the musescore website.
26. If you need further information and are interested please dont hesitate to contact me.
27. with kind regards,
28. Jan Peters
Hi guys, this is kind of my first real attempt at making a cover. I don't really know what to do with this thing. I want to improve it but I don't really know how. Anyone? Link is here:
Feedback is appreciated for later projects. Thanks!
Hey y'all! So my front ensemble is in need of a new lot tune and they want me to arrange it. The problem is we don't know what song we want to use. Any suggestions? Feel free to comment your suggestions.
Hello I just created my first piece using musescore. I am 12, so the piece could be kind of cringe. I hope you like it. (its also on youtube; please subscribe!)