Feel free to post your ideas on how to improve MuseScore.com or comment on other ideas.
For discussions regarding the MuseScore software, go to https://musescore.org/en/forum instead.
If you have problems with other members, comments on your scores, or anything on a more personal level, please contact us at https://musescore.com/contact
Feel free to post your ideas on how to improve MuseScore.com or comment on other ideas.
ALL MUSIC POSTS TO THIS GROUP HAVE TO BE FOR A CURRENT CONTEST!!! IF THEY AREN'T, THE POST WILL BE DELETED!!!
The next contest, Contest 2, ends April 12, 2012!
To get considered, you must have:
- compose a marching band stand tune, a whole song. MUST BE GOOD AND CATCHY!!
- have the statement "Piece for Contest" for the piece's subtitle
- Submit it to THIS group's main page under the "Sheet Music" Tab/page
- have YOUR name as the composer (first and last)
- have it submitted BEFORE April 12, 2012
More contests and opportunities will be available to the people that join this page. These opportunities will ONLY be available to the members of THIS group. Join and enter, What do you have to lose??
This contest has no affiliation with Musescore.com or any of their affiliates. If any questions do come up, please do not submit them to Musescore.com, please submit them to me in the discussions area.
READ THIS!! FOR CONTEST 2!!!
I spoke to the directors, and they agreed to hear the music next week. So the contest is extended to the 19th. And They want four (4) pieces now instead of only three (3)! So you still have time!
This is a group for groups that are for specific instrument types to join so each group can have a music-composing contest and submit their scores to this group for a final vote. Each group's winner would compete against the other groups' winners for a Grand Master Composer Winner!! The user and his/her score's name would be entered into our Hall of Fame to show our best piece of music to all the world! The winners of each group's competition would be invited to The Master Composers - Finals to show that they are the most elite of all the composers on this website.
Also, this group promotes activity and promotes any groups that join.
If you are not a part of any of these groups (see Groups discussion), then join one of them or make a group for whatever instrument you play that has not been made yet. All are welcome!
About heart issues and trumpet embouchure.
NOTE: In order to keep out trolls (specifically the spammers/trolls running rampant on the site as of now), for the next short while I will be VERY strict on moderation. Please don't take offense if your membership request is denied. I don't wanna make this super long by writing out EXACTLY what I'm looking for (but it's on the lines of having a fairly established account - you don't have to have a lot of followers - just established, and/or having been on the site for at least a month).
This group is pretty much what the title says. Feel free to talk about whatever you want. After all, since we're all members in the musescore community, we should get to know each other better :D
And don't forget to add your scores in!!!
It's strongly recommended that you read the entire group description and its links upon joining. This is a very tight-knit, fast paced, and INSANELY active community. It is one of, if not THE most active group on the entire site (discussions that get over 100 comments in 1-2 hours is not surprising, especially during summer and winter/spring holidays). Not to mention that this is the group with the most discussions on the entire site. So it's probably best if you knew some background info about this group :P
Here's the history of this group if you need to get caught up...it's pretty interesting lol. It gets updated every time something "important" happens in here, I guess :P https://musescore.com/groups/randomlyscrewingaround/discuss/5016307 (last updated January 26, 2019)
Anyway, here are some basic guidelines for this group.
1. Just be nice in general, I guess. Respect other users, and keep discussions appropriate :P
2. Discussions in this group should be of quality and spark conversation. See here for additional info: https://musescore.com/groups/randomlyscrewingaround/discuss/5025451
Any discussions that do not follow this will be deleted without warning.
3. Worship Rebecca Y
4. An occasional discussion asking for people to check out a score is okay...just don't do it for every single piece you write. And if several people have already posted discussions to check out pieces, please wait a while before you ask for people to check out your stuff.
5. Please don't add all your scores to the group at once.
6. Don't actually follow #3... unless you really want to. I'm fine with that :P
Check out this group's theme song: https://musescore.com/rebecca_yang/randomlyscrewingaround-themesong :P
Sub-groups of RSA
- Randomly Screwing Around 2 (moderated group) - linked below next to "website"
- RSA arrangement project (moderated group): https://musescore.com/groups/rsa-arrangement-project
- RSA Meme Team: https://musescore.com/groups/rsa-meme-team
- RSA Cuisine Club (moderated group): https://musescore.com/groups/rsa-cuisine-club-luka-alli-smith-is-totally-awesome
- RSA Arcade: https://musescore.com/groups/the-rsa-arcade
Anyway I hope you have fun here :D
Post your best music in this group because based on your music, the group will choose the Composer of the week. Every week on Friday night (7:30 p.m.) check the comments and see if you won or not!
In a Sentence:
The "Let's Reach 2,000 Members!!" group goal is to represent the entire community of Musescore in one big group so you can keep up with the latest works of anyone on Musescore.
(Reasons to Join:)
>This group will help you if you struggling to get followers or likes on your music.
>It will also help you stay active in the Musescore community
>You can share any music that is original, transcribed, and arranged. (Make sure your music has appropriate titles and lyrics - If there are either)
> This is a group for the entire community to share and be awesome in
> I will eventually get a contest up and running
> Many fantastic composers have already joined this group
~That Saxophone Guy
What is needed here is in the description. I only ask that you only post pieces made from help you recieved here. Thanks!
This group is for anyone who wants a place to share their music and get feedback. All types of music are welcome. This isn't a very formal group, so there aren't really any rules other than what you would expect (common sense is appreciated as well) Also, I would like to get as many members as possible, like, more than 600, which will probably never happen, but it's worth a try! Other than that, just have fun and invite your friends!
MuseScore Drumline - tips, tricks, questions, support, ideas, and more.
This group is for people who compose:
Every week I will pick a piece by one of you to be featured!
This is a group where we have musical battles! Everyone will chose a side and one side will be crowned the victor. Then there will be a ultimate victor of the winning group!
1. Click on the discussion with info about the next battle.
2. Read the themed sides and the requirements and pick your side.
3. Make a score with the requirements.
4. Send your song in mp3 form to email@example.com and include which side you joined and your Musescore username.
5. When the deadline is hit, voting starts. You vote for either side that you think should win, and you can vote for someone to be the ultimate victor, disregarding their side. At this time we are trying a new voting format, where you give multiple votes to multiple people. The more entries, the more votes you can give. You may absolutely not vote for yourself!
6. If you are crowned the ultimate victor of your side, you get to pick the 2 or more sides next time! You will just need to send the admins a message, and we will make the discussion!
7. Even if you don't win, you still get to post your song in the group! Just make sure you write that you submitted it to a battle in the description :)
*If you post the song on YouTube, please state what contest it is for and your Musescore username.
1. No voting for yourself to be the Ultimate Victor. (But you can vote for either side that you think should win.)
2. People cannot use scores they've finished and posted to musescore before the battle.
3. Any songs that have been entered in any battle may be posted in the group. Reference to the group and the fact it was written for the group should be contained within the description.
4. No being a mean person.
5. No bad language or inappropriate references.
7. Listen to all entries thoroughly before voting.
8. No not having fun! ^_^
This group is aimed at members that write lyrics, would like to write lyrics, or would like to have lyrics put to their songs.
IMPORTANT: Only original, finished songs with lyrics may be posted to this page!
To get help, advice, about your song, request lyrics for your tune, or offer lyrics for someone to write a tune about just start a discussion, post a link or put your lyrics into a comment. To help out, open the discussions and check them out... you'll figure it out :)
Play more sheet music with the MuseScore Songbook app on your iOS device.
Marching Percussion & Drumline Group
Listen to some of the songs people have composed and add the best one you have done.
If you have a song you'd like to advertise or you are after someone to collab with, start a discussion and post whatever you need to post!
Greetings! This group is here to feature the saxophone. It doesn't matter what kind you play (soprano, alto, tenor, bari, bass, even sopranissimo and subcontrabass). Feel free to post your music here, though it must have saxophones in it! After all, what ensemble would be complete without one? ^_^
This group will have contests fairly often (we'll try to do one every month). We will take a vote to see which score everyone likes the best. Possibly, the winner of each contest will go on to the next level, competing in The Master Composers group against the other instrument groups. However, this does not mean you must enter a contest to post a score. You may post scores to this group whenever you wish, so long as it features a type of saxophone.
We do, of course, have rules:
1.) No swearing, name calling, bickering, etc.
2.) No insulting people's scores. Please comment on people's scores, but don't criticize harshly. Constructive criticism only.
3.) Please show respect to everyone.
4.) If you break a rule excessively (I will be the judge of that, though I will be fair), you will be expelled from the group.
5.) Have fun! This group is here solely for your benefit. We aim to help each other become better composers.