No made up words
Only one word
In addition to MDL, I think many could agree that MuseScore also needs MFE (MuseScore Front Ensemble), to work in conjuction with MFE as a soundfont. I understand it is hard to get nice sounds on an open-source software, but it would be nice to have. Here are suggestions for the soundfont in mind:
- Marimba (with 3 hardnesses); the marimba sounds a little bit like a toy xylophone with a deeper voice. It doesn't sound very rich.
- Vibraphone (with 3 hardnesses); the vibes don't exactly sound metallic enough
- Xylophone (with 2/3 hardnesses)
- Glockenspiel (with 2 hardnesses)
- Chimes/Tubular bells (with 2 hardnesses); the chime sound isn't round enough and is a bit abrasive in timbre
- Gong (PLEASE)
- Suspended/China cymbals with pre-recorded rolls and hits on different sizes (similar to what VDL does)
And as well, a nice function that could be EXTREMELY useful is the ability to upload samples into a score by mp3 or wav.
Hey everyone, I am working on rewriting a piece but after opening MuseScore the next morning after working on the piece a bit, I get no sound playback at all. Could someone please help me?
Thanks in advance, Lukas
i've been meaning to ask this for a while, but what is patrick doing in the group icon?
If you listen to this score it will be stuck in your head for the rest of the week
and probably fill you w/ memories from your childhood
I know I do.
Mine is my rondo for a sonata collab
Ever wanted to get paid just to write for percussion - all day long?
Do you love technology, internet, social media?
Interested to work in a fast-paced, Rock 'n' Roll environment - literally (company was recently acquired by Ultimate Guitar)?
MuseScore, one of the world’s largest communities for musicians, is looking for a Content Manager - Percussion to join our fast-growing team.
- Chops - DCI/WGI level
- Live to drum, love to write for percussion
- Able to work independently, see an opportunity and act
- Able to create a plan and execute against metrics
- Knowledge of all forms of percussion - drum set, concert percussion, keyboard percussion, with a deep knowledge of marching percussion
- University degree is NOT required - we care more about your practical knowledge, skills, creativity
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all percussion-related content for new premium service
- Convert percussion content from Sibelius, Finale (+VDL) to Musescore
- Manage relationships with percussion composers and arrangers
- Travel to and present at top conferences and events - PASIC, BOA, WGI, DCI, TMEA, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- Get paid well doing something you truly love
- Opportunity to make a major impact in percussion education
- Travel - not only experience life overseas, but regularly return to US for conferences & events
- Opportunity to learn new skills or explore different responsibility on the project. BTW - we have no hierarchy, only responsibilities
- A literal Rock 'n' Roll atmosphere and approach to development
- Beautiful office in the city center and no dress code
- We work differently - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Breakfast, soup, sandwiches served free throughout the day
- Push a button and get a coffee, tea, coke or even a Jack Daniel’s delivered to your desk
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should simply send a brief email outlining their qualifications/experience (full resume/CV optional) to email@example.com with subject - Content Manager - Percussion.
Candidates should be prepared for a brief 10-15 minute discussion via FaceTime/Google Meet. Understanding that many potential candidates could likely be currently touring, bandcamping, etc., we can be very flexible in accommodating schedule.
P.S. - Job is located in Europe. Candidates should be prepared to relocate, but with frequent travel to US. Relocation expenses covered by company.
Hey y'all! So my front ensemble is in need of a new lot tune and they want me to arrange it. The problem is we don't know what song we want to use. Any suggestions? Feel free to comment your suggestions.
Hi all, there used to be a flute piece titled "end credits", but it was taken down when the user's account got suspended. Does anyone else know what piece I'm referencing, and can anyone remake it? (I'm not too good in the composing area).
This is one of my first scores, so any and all feedback would be great (although preferably constructive criticism). Thank you!
Hi there! I have yet another piece I'm looking for feedback on (again, preferably constructive criticism, but hey). Please comment on the piece itself preferably, but idc if you post here either.
just comment anything
OK maybe something else XD lol
2. Most people have problems in learning and playing music in the classical notation because of musical notes dyslexia .
3. Thats why many ( young ) people who are very interested in making music and start with music at home or on a musical school, often stop after a few weeks because learning of the classical notation is to hard for them and it takes to long before they really can make music on f.i on a piano. So they give up and thtas a pity
4. A few years a go when i retired i started in trying to learn and making music on a piano in the classical notation.
5. I can now ( after a lot of hard study) read the classic music notation although it is still very difficult for me and i have to read every note one by one.
6. But I still arent ablle to read and play it on my piano the same time
7. Then i got knowledge of the klavarscribo notation systeem
8. see youtube
12. You only have to register to get acces to a lot of translated klavarscribo music and lessons
13. Here you can download piano lessons in klavarscribo and a lot of klavarscribo music
14. It is a very easy to learn music notation and one can make and read ( simple) music on a piano within a few houres music.
15. I am very very enthousiastic about klavar because i am convinced and this would help a lot of people to play the piano or organ.
16. I also started translating music from classical notation to Klavar notation on my computer
17. I translate music notated in the classical way :
18. -by first importing a pdf into musescore
19. -and correct then all the reading and importing mistakes note by note in musescore so that i have a clean and clear musescore.msz file
20. -Then a do an export to a musicxml file
21. -This file I import into klavarscript , a tiny klavar notation software program.
22. This superb little program , made in the past by one person ( Marco van de Kolk) isnt supported any more by him.
23. Also it takes a lot of work because importing a xml file into klavarscribo gives mostly a corrupted file so you have to check and correct many things in klavarscribo
24. I wonder if it is possible:
- to use the musescore software.
- to write/make a perfect and clean musescore file
- Convert this musescore directly into a PDF with the Klavarscribo page vieuw.
25. I ask this because there is a great communty of programming experts on the musescore website.
26. If you need further information and are interested please dont hesitate to contact me.
27. with kind regards,
28. Jan Peters
like best friends brother, make it shine or shut up and dance
Ive updated my account (hope u like it)
i will be changing my profile picture evry week if i feel like it.