Hey, no advertisement intended.
I created a musescore dark theme, that is available at userstyles.org. To aply it you have to get the addon stylish or stylus.
I just wanted to inform you people, that there are ways, to use musescore in a more eyepleasing way at nocturnal hours. (not talking about taste here;) )
Other styles are available too. Also there are diffrent addons to globaly change your browser. Just browse the addon /plugin pages of your webbrowser.
Thought I mention this, because a while ago, I asked myself here if something like that is possible to the developers, while some other people also where interested.
Hey, no advertisement intended.
This is a problem which has existed for quite a while, and it would be good to sort it out definitively.
Many of us use the "Share" option to embed an HTML "iframe" of the MuseScore player in our own website. It's really useful for making practice files for choral societies and church choirs.
With a MuseScore file that creates its own playback, it usually doesn't matter which web browser you use: it plays normally. But if the score is sync'd to a performance recording on YouTube as the default sound source, then the playback doesn't work on all web browsers.
Here is the result of a test of various browsers which I ran today:
- Chrome 73.0.3683.75 = broken
- Edge 42.17134.1.0 = broken
- Firefox 65.0.2 = plays ok
- Internet Explorer 11.648.17134.0 = plays ok
- Opera 58.0.3135.107 = plays ok
- Vivaldi 2.3.1440.60 = plays ok
You can run the test yourself on my HTML page, where the SATB player is linked to a YouTube performance by Birmingham Conservatoire Chamber Choir:
Today marks the release of MuseScore Piano Roll. Piano Roll is a popular and convenient method to display piano notation in a way that not only simplifies learning a new piece for novice musicians who lack a teacher, it also beautifully visualizes each score.
(Video captured from https://musescore.com/classicman/scores/33715 )
Give it a try by simply clicking on the Piano Roll icon now available on all solo piano scores. Be sure to tell us what you think in Improving MuseScore.com!
All of these improvements are designed to not only make MuseScore.com the most valuable resource online for sharing and discovering great musical works but for learning them as well.
We hope you’ll be as excited about this new feature as we were to create it for you, and as always we look forward to your feedback.
This is just the first of an exciting series of updates and releases for MuseScore PianoRoll; we're already hard at work on improving the experience!
Mine is SW-5820-1045-6140
How’s y’alls week been?
Wouldn't that be useful, and more importantly, why isn't this a thing yet?
The title says it all. https://musescore.com/henryclemens/untitled-piano-solo
Musescore's customer support is horrendous. I have tried sending multiple emails which have all been ignored, and Musescore pro charges in annual $49 payments? I have tried to cancel my trial subscription after settling on a different website for transcription, and when that didn't go through, I was charged. I am a high school student and I am trying to dispute this, but Musescore's complete disregard for their customer base is disappointing for such an excellent website.
Spam allowed. xD
I wonder how quick we will get pass 10,000
Age old argument. Whatcha think?
Hey, you know the music that plays with every pokemon movie right at the start with the pokemon logo coming up? "Pokémon Avant". Well I can't music sheets anywhere and I was wondering if someone over here is able to take a look into it. was looking for a marching band kind of arrangement.
If you got any idea's I'll be glad to hear them. :)
idk...here's some of mine. I'm borderline INTP and ENFP (borderline ENTP??) but I'm still an INFP so maybe you can still relate
- I am TERRIFIED of getting angry at people (I'm usually very passive unless it's online and someone steals my music or someone else's xD). So I hate confrontation.
- If someone doesn't respond to my texts/email, I start worrying if I said something wrong
- I also hate social situations when people aren't happy with me...I kinda just freeze up and don't know what to say/do.
- Pretty much I avoid conflict at all costs....
- when you're daydreaming and people ask you what you're thinking about...argh!!
- I'm always really afraid to talk to new people, but can't stop talking after we manage to get a conversation started
- Sometimes I talk too much about myself (I think) and start worrying that the other person has formed an impression of me as a self-centered jerk. So I ask them questions too but by then an impression has already been formed...and.......ugh...
- I keep procrastinating yet I always get everything done
- music wise, I always compose the majority of a piece in one or two days, and the rest can take anywhere from a few hours to a month xD
- I always recall awkward moments from several years ago and cringe at its pure awkwardness
- Do any of you act differently depending on who you're with???!!! Like I'm always acting natural and being me but it literally changes depending on the person I'm with. And then when I'm with two people that I act slightly differently with at the same time, part of me feels awkward cause I'm worried that at least one of the two people thinks I'm acting strange/different.
- you know when someone comes to talk to you...but you don't feel like talking to them...but don't know how to tell them...
- I'm afraid of talking on the phone to strangers...my family doesn't understand why, but apparently a lot of people also have this weird phobia...sooooo.......
idk if this stuff is even directly related to the INFP personality but since you guys all share my personality type, I figured I'd put this here :P
Did MuseScore just run out of money, switch to a new IT staff (idk the technical names of anything development related), or just completely give up on life? It seems as though the site was great before and Songbook was good. Since then everything has gone to crap with poor costumer support/money scams*, new daily bugs, and old function-breaking bugs. You can’t even play scores without the musescore app. I hope made the point clear for anyone living under a rock for the past several months, I just want to know if anyone knows the story on this site's downfall?
Overall the issues with bugs in the website and app have been a major turnoff for me and the fellow users I know irl and got involved in MuseScore in the first place.
EDIT: *Money scams- too strong of a phase, my apologies. I was referring to the trouble cancelling a free trail and the subsequent $49.99 charge for an unwanted annual membership.
The ultimate question 0-0
A violin is taken to hospital. The doctor examines her and says:
"There's nothing wrong with you. But you broke your bow. How did that happen?"
Violin: "I only remember the thunderous applause for the composer."
Doctor: "Do you remember his name?"
Violin: "No. I think he was on the first page of the sheet music."
Please check it out and leave feedback! Thanks! :D
In this release, we published major fixes related to crashes and freezes of the interface.
* Fixed the problem of "black screen" while opening a score.
* Fixed a lot of freezes.
* Fixed "without auth" mode.
If you run into problems, I’m waiting for you in the comments under this post.
I read the online handbook about drag-and-drop for images onto sheet music, but whenever I try, I can't. The photos are JPG or PNG, I made sure of it when I culled and processed my photos. Is this another Musescore 3 bug or is it just not implemented yet?