In addition to MDL, I think many could agree that MuseScore also needs MFE (MuseScore Front Ensemble), to work in conjuction with MFE as a soundfont. I understand it is hard to get nice sounds on an open-source software, but it would be nice to have. Here are suggestions for the soundfont in mind:
- Marimba (with 3 hardnesses); the marimba sounds a little bit like a toy xylophone with a deeper voice. It doesn't sound very rich.
- Vibraphone (with 3 hardnesses); the vibes don't exactly sound metallic enough
- Xylophone (with 2/3 hardnesses)
- Glockenspiel (with 2 hardnesses)
- Chimes/Tubular bells (with 2 hardnesses); the chime sound isn't round enough and is a bit abrasive in timbre
- Gong (PLEASE)
- Suspended/China cymbals with pre-recorded rolls and hits on different sizes (similar to what VDL does)
And as well, a nice function that could be EXTREMELY useful is the ability to upload samples into a score by mp3 or wav.
Hey everyone, I am working on rewriting a piece but after opening MuseScore the next morning after working on the piece a bit, I get no sound playback at all. Could someone please help me?
Thanks in advance, Lukas
Any of my kind present?
I have finished a composition that I plan to hand to the Academy Flute Choir, however I would appreciate any feedback on it before I do so,
Hi, I recently completed two movementa of a classical suite that I am currently composing for the String Orchestra. I intend to play it in my school's String Ensemble in the future. Any feedback and thoughts are deeply appreciated. Thank you!
Say why you love Viola.
So at my high school, we have our own orchestra (and band, but Orchestra's better). We only have Violin, Viola, and Cello. So when people talk about Violins and Cellos I simply say: "Violins are too high, Cellos are too low, and Violas are the cream of the Oreo." What's usually the favorite part of the Oreo? The cream! Do you agree?
Please have a listen and give some feedback, it'd be much appreciated!
i've been meaning to ask this for a while, but what is patrick doing in the group icon?
and probably fill you w/ memories from your childhood
No made up words
Only one word