It is great to have received as many submissions as I did. The deadline has now been reached, so everyone that wants to submit now will no longer be accepted I'm afraid.
I'm excited to announce that 13 people are participating in this comp and I am so excited to see what you all have!
Big shout to
- Kaleb Norton
- Just Brass
- Adi Ivgi
- Trisztán Piller
- Kaldeo Justified
- Mark Floyd
- PATA PATA
- Clayton Young
- Charlie Kreidler
Happy composing all!
Hello my fellow non-pro composers!
It is currently 2.10pm in Australia, and sending in e-mails expressing your interest in the composition will no longer be accepted after 11.59pm today. For all of those who have submitted, remember that composition submissions are to be due by 17th of July.
It is great to be receiving submissions!
For those who have joined the group but have not submitted, there is 2 days left before accepting submissions close! Be sure to read the rules and requirements that have been posted in the discussions on this opage. Any further questions, swing an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Small ensemble: Can be any sort of chamber ensemble (woodwind ensembles, brass, string or varied) or any variety of instruments from any family, so long as it is 10 instruments or less (solos are fine). Song must be 1-3 minutes long and has to represent a dance of some sort (like a ballet, or a traditional folk dance. Use whatever instruments you want to fit the theme, but it must meet the required 10 instruments or less). Must be original, and not an arrangement of an already made dance piece.
Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks
Dance of the Little Swans
– Traditional Russian Folk Song
Flute/piccolo (1-2 parts)
Oboe (1-2 parts)
Cor Anglais (optional)
Clarinets (1-3 parts)
Bassoon (1-2 parts)
OPTIONAL: Saxophones (alto, tenor and/or baritone. 1-2 parts for alto, 1 only for tenor and baritone)
French Horns (1-4 parts)
Trumpets (1-3 parts)
Trombone (1-2 parts)
Mallets (vibes, xylophone, glockenspiel and/or marimba)
At least 2-3 percussion instruments (e.g. snare drum, bass drum, cymbals etc.). You can add more if necessary to the piece.
Violins (2 parts)
Violas (1-2 parts)
Cellos (1-2 parts)
Double Bass (OPTIONAL)
ADDITIONAL INSTRUMENTS (OPTIONAL): Synths (1-4 only), and/or choir (SATB ONLY). Piano, harp or celesta is allowed as well
Any further questions don't hesitate to ask!
I hope to see more e-mails soon :)
This is a competition used for the non-pro users who would like to be able to showcase more of their work, and the only way to get this done is to get a pro account. This competition will allow the non-pro users to be able to showcase their skills as well as to get a chance to be rewarded a pro account (which will be paid for by me).
Be sure to e-mail me as there are a further few things that I will need to send!
There will be one winner selected from the two categories (large ensemble and small ensemble). The selected winners will receive:
1. A one month pro-membership account paid for
2. Their winning piece will be put through the superior Noteperformer playback and will receive an MP3 recording and they can post it wherever they want
3. Receive criticism for their work (though this is not to be taken seriously)
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST CRITERIA
1. Send an e-mail to
stating you are interested in the comp.
2. When sending your e-mail expressing your interest, each user must provide a link to their profile in order to prove that they are not a pro user. Every link will be looked in to. Additionally, each user must state which category they are composing for: a large ensemble or a small ensemble (NOTE: EACH COMPETITOR CAN ONLY COMPETE IN ONE CATEGORY)
3. Any accounts that have only been made more recent than the announcement of the comp will be ignored
4. Any accounts that have no scores posted at all will be ignored.
1. Compositions must be annotated properly, like you would for a real score (e.g. adding slurs, staccatos, tempo markings, rehearsal marks etc.). Additionally, dynamics are a MUST!
2. Your compositions must be titled necessarily and must show your name (or your Musescore username for the sake of anonymity).
3. If you are composing for a large ensemble, your composition should show the image you have composed for as a title page. If you do not know how to achieve this, please state in your submission e-mail the image you have decided to choose.
4. The work must be completely original and must be done individually! No group work will be accepted
5. Proper notation is extremely important. If you are adding timpani rolls or cymbal rolls, please use the appropriate tremolo marks and do not use multiple nonuplet rhythms.
6. Be creative with your work, do not go overboard unless you believe it is necessary with the context of your piece
7. The composition must be brand new, and not something you have already published. Additionally, when you completely your composition, do not post it onto Musescore until winner is announced.
THE WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED PRIVATELY VIA E-MAIL. EXPRESSION OF INTEREST WILL BE CLOSED AS OF TUESDAY 19 JUNE 2018 11.59PM AUSTRALIAN CENTRAL TIME UTC +9:30 / +10:30. DEADLINE JULY 17 11.59PM AUSTRALIAN CENTRAL TIME UTC +9:30 / +10:30. EACH COMPETITOR WILL RECEIVE CRITIQUE ON THEIR COMPOSITIONS. HAPPY COMPOSING
It's great to see people joining this group. Don't forget, if you are interested in the comp, swing an e-mail to this account: email@example.com
You will receive a PDF further outlining the rules, the process, and the requirements for your compositions!
Hope to see more of you soon. Feel free to spread the word for your other non-pro user friends :)
Just wanted to welcome 2 new members who will also be doing the judging for this comp:
- Benjamin (@Blank Cadenza)
- Monro Jones
It's great to see a positive outcome for this comp so far. Remember, if you are a non-pro user and woulkd like to be, follow the guidelines seen under the "About Section" and send an e-mail over to firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to win a one-month pro membership!
Only 4 days left before submissions are closed.