This is a competition used for the non-pro users who would like to be able to showcase more of their work, and the only way to get this done is to get a pro account. This competition will allow the non-pro users to be able to showcase their skills as well as to get a chance to be rewarded a pro account (which will be paid for by me).
Be sure to e-mail me as there are a further few things that I will need to send!
There will be one winner selected from the two categories (large ensemble and small ensemble). The selected winners will receive:
1. A one month pro-membership account paid for
2. Their winning piece will be put through the superior Noteperformer playback and will receive an MP3 recording and they can post it wherever they want
3. Receive criticism for their work (though this is not to be taken seriously)
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST CRITERIA
1. Send an e-mail to
stating you are interested in the comp.
2. When sending your e-mail expressing your interest, each user must provide a link to their profile in order to prove that they are not a pro user. Every link will be looked in to. Additionally, each user must state which category they are composing for: a large ensemble or a small ensemble (NOTE: EACH COMPETITOR CAN ONLY COMPETE IN ONE CATEGORY)
3. Any accounts that have only been made more recent than the announcement of the comp will be ignored
4. Any accounts that have no scores posted at all will be ignored.
1. Compositions must be annotated properly, like you would for a real score (e.g. adding slurs, staccatos, tempo markings, rehearsal marks etc.). Additionally, dynamics are a MUST!
2. Your compositions must be titled necessarily and must show your name (or your Musescore username for the sake of anonymity).
3. If you are composing for a large ensemble, your composition should show the image you have composed for as a title page. If you do not know how to achieve this, please state in your submission e-mail the image you have decided to choose.
4. The work must be completely original and must be done individually! No group work will be accepted
5. Proper notation is extremely important. If you are adding timpani rolls or cymbal rolls, please use the appropriate tremolo marks and do not use multiple nonuplet rhythms.
6. Be creative with your work, do not go overboard unless you believe it is necessary with the context of your piece
7. The composition must be brand new, and not something you have already published. Additionally, when you completely your composition, do not post it onto Musescore until winner is announced.
THE WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED PRIVATELY VIA E-MAIL. EXPRESSION OF INTEREST WILL BE CLOSED AS OF TUESDAY 19 JUNE 2018 11.59PM AUSTRALIAN CENTRAL TIME UTC +9:30 / +10:30. DEADLINE JULY 17 11.59PM AUSTRALIAN CENTRAL TIME UTC +9:30 / +10:30. EACH COMPETITOR WILL RECEIVE CRITIQUE ON THEIR COMPOSITIONS. HAPPY COMPOSING