Tomorrow I intend to post a new score, but I don't know if I post a version of O Come, O Come Emmanuel (Violins, Viola, Clarinet and Piano) or Greensleeves (Piano, Harp and Violin), please let me know what you prefer!
Also, I'll need to delete a score from the website, please listen to Romaria and A Primeira Valsa in my profile and tell me which one you think is worse.
Thanks in advance, Laura!
I recently finished this arrangement
And I've become aware that my percussion parts are horrendously lacking, and was hoping that somebody could give me advice on how to write efficient marching percussion parts? Thanks in advance for any help!
Ok guys it's finally here: Composition Survivor Season 3 and Sean and I have made a promise to all of you, that if we do not finish the season and it's our fault, we will personally follow all of you. Now that that is all good and done, I'll tell you about the game:
This entire concept is based upon the iconic reality/survival show "Survivor," but there is going to be one big difference: Instead of using your survival skills, you will use compositions! This whole game will be hosted by me and my friend Sean Greenley: https://musescore.com/user/3418741 This competition will have many twists and turns to always keep you on your toes.
The rules are very simple.
1. (Obviously) You must join the group to compete
2. Once you are part of the group you have to go to the discussion "Ready" and simply comment "ready" and you will become a competitor
3. When we get our 24th "ready," the games will begin with Challenge #1!
4. There will be a new and different challenge every week. The challenge might be something along the lines of: "Base a piece off of this artwork" or "create a song using only a french horn, glockenspiel, and bass ocarina in time signature 2/5." No matter what, it will always be new and exciting
5. At the end of every week, Sean and I will decide who we thought had the best composition..... and who had the worst
6. The person with the worst will be eliminated from Composition Survivor
7. For the first 7 weeks (when there are 10 people remaining), two people will be eliminated each week
8. At the beginning of the 8th week until we have only one remaining, one person will be cut each week
9. If you do not have confidence that you will be able to pull together a piece of music once a week, do not compete. There is no quitting allowed because it takes away from the enjoyment of everybody else
The winner will receive a follow from me and Sean, and both of us will favorite 10 of your scores (It will be your choice which 10).
The competition will start when 24 "ready"s have been counted. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor. Join the group at https://musescore.com/groups/composition-survivor
Hey y'all! MuseScore has updated its player, and it isn't working correctly for me :/ When a score is played, it only shows page number 1, it doesn't change the page when needed and it doesn't let me change it manually. What do you think? Does this happen to you too?
Hey guys! I just made a group that will hold a contest each week, and I think it would be cool if some people joined. That way, each of us could have some motivation to make something more often!
There ya go. I hope you guys join!
Okay, so today I had an awesome contest idea (as you can guess from the title xD).
Well, here's the thing:
I will prepare a sheet with numbers from 1 to 10 and the 26 letters of the English alphabet. Each number will have a form of writing music (for example, a string quartet, a piano solo, etc.), and each letter will have a popular song (not necessarily actual). Then, each of the participants will blindly choose a number and a letter, without knowing what challenge holds each of them. When everyone chooses their number/letter, I'll show the list and you'll need to arrange the song shown by your letter in the way shown by your number. We'll decide a time limit, and then we'll vote for the best arrangement!
The aim of this contest is to have fun by mixing very different music genres and styles, so the arrangements don't need to be perfect; in fact, it would be even more funny if instead of making it accurate you'd change it a bit and vary it.
The options can be repeated; I mean, if someone chooses 3-F, that doesn't mean you can't choose neither the number 3 or the letter F. You can choose them as long as you don't repeat the same combination (in this case, 3-F).
Anyway, there are some impossible combinations though. For example, if you choose 2-C; number 2 is "a piano solo" and letter C is "Fur Elise", that wont make sense to arrange (this isn't a real example).
The impossible combinations are the following ones:
6-B, 6-V, 1-M, 3-Z
Let me know what you think about it! If you want to participate, please let me know it on the comments below, and start thinking on your number/letter combination.
1. Piano Duet / Piano piece for 4 hands arrangement
2. SATB (Soprano Alto Tenor Bass) arrangement
3. String quintet (Violin 1, violin 2, viola, cello and contrabass) arangement
4. Ragtime arrangement
5. Percussion ensemble arrangement
6. Large ensemble / orchestral arangement
7. Face-melting piano solo arrangement
8. Marching / pep band arrangement
9. Singer (could also be a flute or a violin) and a piano duet arrangement
10. Funky / jazzy / swing arrangement
A- Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
B- Symphony no. 9 / Ode to Joy - Ludwig van Beethoven
C- Wannabe - Spice Girls
D- You’re the one that I want - Grease
E- My heart will go on (Titanic) - Celine Dion
F- Circle of Life - The Lion King
G- Baby - Justin Bieber
H- Singing in the Rain - Gene Kelly
I- Frère Jacques - Traditional
J- Gangnam Style - PSY
K- He’s a Pirate - Pirates of the Caribbean
L- Super Mario Bros Overworld Theme - Nintendo
M- Turkish March - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
N- Single Ladies (put a ring on it) - Beyonce
O- Highway to Hell -AC/DC
P- Take on Me - a-ha
Q- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
R- YMCA - Village People
S- Old MacDonald Had a Farm - Traditional
T- Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
U- Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
V- Symphony no. 5 - Ludwig van Beethoven
W- Mamma Mia - ABBA
X- Tetris Theme A - Hirokazu Tanaka
Y- Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Z- Fugue of the Storm - Ashboy
----> YOU HAVE TIME UNTIL DECEMBER 1ST <----
When uploading please put your combination (for example, 7-T) on the title for us to know it's an entry to this contest :D
So, without further ado, LET'S START WITH THE ARRANGIN'!!
- Mollymawk (9-R)
- MeTheDwarf (1-A)
- Geomancy (4-G)
- TheMasterXCalibur (4-C)
- Ezlo (4-N)
- evanfontaine (3-B)
- Shadow18 (8-J)
- Jenn Comishen (4-J)
- サファイアフルート (6-O)
- Lachlan (7-L)
- LucasHMusic (9-X)
- donjezza (2-Q)
- Tony McCahill (6-K)
I figure, with a winter break here for a lot of us, we may as well get something going music-wise. And, because a lot of the people in this group make arrangements/transcriptions of soundtracks, why not make that into a contest?
The rules shouldn't be hard to understand: you must post a complete arrangement of any song from any movie/video game/tv show. However, to enter, you have to agree to put the link of whoever the winners are in the comment section of your piece.
Sounds simple? Well, it is!
A few nitpicky rules, now -- The piece has to be uploaded on or after today, December 22nd, so you can't just use an old piece.
The deadline will be the new year. I'll go over each of the entries, which you guys will post links to below, and announce a winner, a second place, and a third.
Bonus points for...
- an original interpretation of a piece - say, a jazz rendition of the Star Wars theme. No need to do this, but it could be cool.
- 100% accuracy. Gotta respect that.
- Re-instrumentation of a piece. (if it actually sounds good, that is.)
- any added effects.
- anything especially nifty or cool that you add in.
If someone wants to help me judge, that'd also be cool, but if you want to judge, then no entering.
Did anyone else make holiday songs/arrangements? Anyway... here is the link to mine:
Go and check the chart on the other discussion "Awesome CONTEST idea! :D" to know what you have to do!! ^^
Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor! ;))
Hey guys, I am a new member of this group and I am happy to look at anybody's music who wants me to. This is an older song I wrote and I recently improved it so let me know what you think and how I can improve it further. https://musescore.com/user/967076/scores/1116996
Hi guys and gals, Q*be here.
I have UTAU, with Trem's voicebank, but I tried to mess up with the program trying to set it in English, but it doesn't render the sound, and it says 'Failed to render wav file'. I tried to visit the various Vocaloid and Utauloid troubleshooting blogs, but I haven't understood anything. *facepalm* I'm stupid. Can any of you (if you use UTAU [just Mollymawk will answer here, then.]) explain to me how to make my UTAU useful? I'm gonna reinstall it, if necessary. :)