It's time for the long-awaited team challenge; a round that will test not only your composition, but your teamwork abilities also. The concept of this challenge is fairly straightforward - I have placed you all in groups of three, and over the next few weeks you will have to work with each other in order to compose a collaborative masterpiece. You can decide amongst yourselves how you want to go about this, but here are a few suggestions that might give you an idea of how to get started:
- Choose a method of communication. This can be anything, from email, to skype, to many other online communication sites. Choose something that works well for your group and that you can all access.
- Get one person to begin writing the very start of the piece, or perhaps a main motif. Then you can take it in turns to add your own sections/elements until the piece is finished.
- Then go back over it individually and make any small edits you think necessary. Feel free to help work on each other's parts.
- Dedicate one person to upload the piece to the group (or you can all upload the same thing if you like!)
And, of course, here are the teams:
1) Everyone in your group must contribute to the piece.
2) The piece must be at least 2 minutes long, but no more than 10.
Try to get a start as soon as possible, because this is going to be a challenging task. Also, make sure to tell your group if you're going to be away/unavailable for a certain period of time, as they can work on their parts while you're not there, and allow you to work on yours either before or after you go away.
The deadline is 24th of June. I know this might not seem like a lot of time, but we need to start speeding up the rounds in order to finish the competition by the end of the year.
Best of luck!!