My grandmother recently passed away and I composed an elegy dedicated to her. I would appreciate any type of feedback I can get on this composition.
I just finished my first original composition please check it out!
Sorry to you who will receive this discussion multiple times lol I gotta get the word out somehow
Check this out! Please give feedback so we can make this better.
Sorry to those of you who are getting this discussion multiple times
Need feedback, particularly on Movement 3 (not complete, so if it feels cut off thats why), which starts at m. 126 (about 5 min and 20 seconds in)
If you've got time, could you please check out this composition of mine here at:
It requires a bit of work, but I don't know how to get started. It requires a name too.
We should do a competition for Winter Break and/or holidays associated between 12/22-2/7, like "the best winter holiday theme." It could consist of:
- band music, like concert band or wind ensemble (which includes symphonic band)
- Jazz band or other variants
- orchestra (greater than 15 instruments)
- solo with accompaniment(s)
- chamber music (which would probably dominate the contest) between 3-15 instruments, string orchestra also permitted as chamber music.
What is not allowed:
- Only a solo sheet, because that is basically useless.
- Percussion ensemble (did I mention that? probably not, see below *) without some sort of melody instruments, like glockenspiels or crotales (or other wind/string instruments)
- Submitting the score after the due date (because that wouldn't be acceptable)
- It does not have to be strictly holiday music, but can be instead a medley on what you like on winter break, or the dates presented.
- Imagery is not only acceptable, but encouraged.
(- If you are doing a medley, present the traditional piece's name with the part in the piece)
- If you are doing a variation (which would be awesome!!!!!) on holiday music, make sure that you put "Variations on Holiday Music" or "Variations on a Traditional Song" or "Variations on Jingle Bells," instead of "Jingle Bells"
- Please take off concert pitch.
- Creative titles, not just " Competition for Holiday Music"
- Place all uploaded score links here...
P.S. * Percussion ensembles can be both a large and small ensemble, but as stated above, it needs to have some sort of melody and not just snare and bass drum playing "Jingle Bells." If, and IF one does this, you put several timpani's together, there is less of a chance that you will win.
I composed this trio for flute and 2 clarinets to play with my music teacher and another music student, and I wish to receive feedback and critiques for this piece, as I am only 13 years old.
Hello! I'm a new member to this group, and I'm a mallet percussion composer that would love to hear what other people think about my music. Mainly looking for feedback on my melodies, expression of ideas, and overall vibes of the music. My profile link is down below, so please check out what I have to offer! :D
Hey everyone, I hope this finds you well. I'm on the verge of hopefully purchasing a JWPepper My Score account to start publishing some of my concert band work. But before then, I hear see what you think! All comments are appreciated!