Rage of the Champions (for orchestra)
Uploaded on Jun 10, 2015
- Bass trombone
- Tubular bells/chimes
- Snare drum
- Bass drum
- Tom toms
- Wood block
- Double bass
After a solid day's work (about six hours), I've finally finished orchestrating Selcuk Bor's "Rage of the Champions", as seen in Castle Crasher and a number of Flash games. As far as I can tell, this orchestration is almost completely accurate, and is ready for use in most standard orchestras, though many instruments (especially winds) do not play.
A few notes about this orchestration, and the MuseScore file:
- To better achieve the recording's sound, the snare should be played with brushes, or on another instrument that best sounds light but still have edge.
- There is one wood block used. The best one would be a very small one (i.e., the one with the highest pitch), or alternatively use a set of sticks from the Chinese tanggu or zhanggu instruments. It is also important to note that the MuseScore playback completely covers this part up (as well as the toms part). I highly recommend separating the score into the percussion parts to really hear that groove, because, honestly, it's really quite cool.
- There are two endings, but you can repeat the piece however many times you feel like playing.
- Near the end, the strings split into harmonies. I did NOT write separate parts for each stringed instrument, so it may be a little cluttered to read.
- If you don't have a bass trombone, a tuba would be a decent substitute, but note that the piece will not have the edge it was written with.
That's about it. If you have any questions, suggestions, or criticisms, feel free to let me know.
My next project is "Four Brave Champions".
|Key signature||1 flat|
|Part names||Trombone(2), Percussion(7), Strings(4)|
|Privacy||Everyone can see this score|
|License||None (All rights reserved)|
This score appears in:
- MuseScore Composers (group)
- Groups that love Minor Chords!!!!! (group)
- Anything really (group)
- Always Learning (group)
- Critique and Reviews. (group)
- Video Gamers (group)
- Composers - The Next Generation (group)
- Amateur Composers (group)
- The Musescore Hits (group)
- The Master Composers|Arrangers (group)
- We <3 Comments Group (group)
- Simple Arrangements (group)
- So You Think You Can Compose? (group)
- The Soundtrack Composers (group)
- For The Randomest composers! (group)
- Random Songs (group)
- Video Game Contests (group)
- Popular Music (group)
- Composition/Arrangement Contests (group)
- Composing For The Joy Of Composing (group)
- Concert Band peeps (group)
- Music Junkies (group)
- Music, Film and Discussion (group)
- Brass Power (group)
- Beginners' Music (group)
- Problems Support Group (group)
- Video Game Music (group)
- Film, Videogame, and TV Music (group)
- Musescore Virtual Orchestra Group (group)
- Song Cover Design! (group)
- Striving for Originality (group)
- Video Game Musics (group)
- Advertise your music! (group)
- Musescore Orchestration Competition 2017-2018 (group)
- 1000+ Comment Discussions and Meaningful Conversations (group)
- Group of Groups (group)