Super Mario Galaxy Medley (WIP) (Update #8)
Uploaded on May 31, 2017
Hello again! I know it's been a little while, but I've been busy. Anyway, without further adieu, the changes are:
• rewrote parts of Sweet Sweet Galaxy so it sounds more like Blue Sky Athletic and less like the athletic theme from SMB3
• added Bouldergeist
• updated to Musescore 3 (because apparently that's a thing now)
• many, many smaller fixes all throughout
• Added a fun facts section to the description
As usual, if you have any suggestions for improvement or ways to build on what I have, I'm open to hearing any and all feedback.
In order, the original pieces are:
• Super Mario Galaxy Theme
• Blue Sky Athletic (Sweet Sweet Galaxy)
• Course Select (Course Selection)
• The Honeyhive (Honeyhive Galaxy)
• Invincibility (halfway through Honeyhive Galaxy, and it opens with the sound effect that plays when you first use a power-up)
• Super Mario 2007 (Toy Time Galaxy)
• Attack of the Airships (Bowser Jr.'s Airship Armada)
• Buoy Base Galaxy - Above Water (Buoy Base Galaxy)
• Flying Mario (Red Star)
• Rosalina in the Observatory (Comet Observatory)
• The Toad Brigade (Toad Brigade)
• Beach Bowl Galaxy
• King Bowser (Bowser, Great King Koopa)
• Purple Comet
• Gateway Galaxy
• Waltz of the Boos (Ghostly Galaxy)
• Melty Molten Galaxy
• The Fiery Stronghold (Bowser's Road)
• Egg Planet (Good Egg Galaxy)
• Enter The Galaxy
• The Galaxy Reactor (Bowser's Galaxy Reactor)
• Gusty Garden Galaxy
• Kingfin (Bouldergeist)
Note that if the official English name is different from the name of its corresponding section in this medley, the section's name is in parenthesis for the above list, while the official one is not.
I don't own the original pieces. Those rights go to Nintendo and other appropriate parties.
Fun facts for those who care:
• There’s a 1-Up in Sweet Sweet Galaxy, hence the sound effect I had the trumpet play during that section.
• Measures 48-50 play every time you enter a galaxy. It’s not in the soundtrack, from what I can tell, and has no official name.
• The first place in the game where you find the Rainbow Star is Honeyhive, which is why I included the power-up’s music in that section.
• The Beach Bowl section is based on a combination of the above water and underwater themes. The underwater parts are indicated by the sudden silence of the trumpet and trombone, with the triplet sections being Mario going up for air.
• Before flying to the center of the universe, during the cutscene, Enter the Galaxy runs through the entire piece twice (with a bit of overflow). I incorporated that directly into this medley.
• Bouldergeist is a hard boss, don’t @ me.
|Key signature||3 flats|
|Part names||Trumpet, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Trombone, Bassoon|
|Privacy||Everyone can see this score|
|License||None (All rights reserved)|