This one is mainly a question for high brass but if any other could help me that would be great. I'm in 11th grade and I am a 3rd year trumpet. Right now, we are focusing on marching songs, but after Football season, we mainly play concert songs. One of those is a pretty well known trumpet piece called "A Trumpeter's Lullaby". I normally am a second chair but my band director "surprised me" and gave me solo. I've played it before but never solo. Since I am doing the solo, should I use vibrato at the appropriate times? If so, what method should I use? I obviously wouldn't use the wind speed method. So I would either use my hand or move my jaw slightly. Which one should I use? Let me know!
In addition to MDL, I think many could agree that MuseScore also needs MFE (MuseScore Front Ensemble), to work in conjuction with MFE as a soundfont. I understand it is hard to get nice sounds on an open-source software, but it would be nice to have. Here are suggestions for the soundfont in mind:
- Marimba (with 3 hardnesses); the marimba sounds a little bit like a toy xylophone with a deeper voice. It doesn't sound very rich.
- Vibraphone (with 3 hardnesses); the vibes don't exactly sound metallic enough
- Xylophone (with 2/3 hardnesses)
- Glockenspiel (with 2 hardnesses)
- Chimes/Tubular bells (with 2 hardnesses); the chime sound isn't round enough and is a bit abrasive in timbre
- Gong (PLEASE)
- Suspended/China cymbals with pre-recorded rolls and hits on different sizes (similar to what VDL does)
And as well, a nice function that could be EXTREMELY useful is the ability to upload samples into a score by mp3 or wav.
i've been meaning to ask this for a while, but what is patrick doing in the group icon?
If you listen to this score it will be stuck in your head for the rest of the week
and probably fill you w/ memories from your childhood
I need show ideas... please leave ANY ideas along with musical selections if you have any.
Hello world, im new to music composing, From HK.
I'd like to ask for some help on proof reading my writings.
please pm for details