(Note: definitions of capitalized terms are at the end of the policy)
Which principles does MuseScore apply?
MuseScore is committed to the protection of the privacy and Personal Data of its Users.
MuseScore applies the principles of Data Protection Law, which are that:
- Personal Data will only be processed fairly and lawfully;
- Personal Data will only be processed for the purposes set forth in this Policy, and in accordance with Your rights;
- Personal Data collected will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in the light of these purposes;
- Personal Data will not be kept longer than necessary;
- Personal Data will be held secure;
- Personal Data will only be transferred in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws;
- You will be able to ensure at all times that Your Personal Data are accurate.
Which data are collected, and what are Personal Data?
Three categories of data are collected by MuseScore.
First category: Your Personal Account Data. These are the Personal Data that You are requested to submit when You open Your User account. Examples are your name, address, certain music or other preferences, etc.
Second category: Other Personal Data. These are Personal Data, other than the Personal Account Data, that You submit through the Website (e.g. through use of a forum, or otherwise), and that qualify as Personal Data, because, among others, they allow You to be identified. Remember that any information disclosed in this way (including Personal Account Data You choose to make available in this way) becomes public information. You should exercise great care when deciding to disclose Your Personal Data and information in a public forum.
For which purposes will MuseScore use Personal Data or share it with third parties?
You agree that by submitting your Personal Data to the Website, MuseScore may use and/or share with third parties your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- For managing Your User Account, including sending a password when reported forgotten, linking Your name to the content You created, providing the Services offered, sending subscription-based emails, to which you can unsubscribe, regarding Your Account, the Website or the Services, and for collecting payments.
- To deliver, monitor, develop and improve the Website and the Services and to provide You with a better and more personalized User experience.
- For general advertising and marketing purposes (including audit, data analysis and research). MuseScore may share demographic, profile and other general information about You and other Users with our partners on an aggregate basis.
- For direct marketing purposes to You, but only when You have given permission
- In relation to a merger or acquisition by another company, or if the business unit providing Your service were sold to another company, Personal Data may be transferred to and used by the resulting combined company. If MuseScore were to cease operations, this Personal Data might be transferred to and used by another company, which offers similar or related products or services.
How do You know Your Personal Data are correct and complete?
You will at all times have access to Your profile and any Personal Account Data You have submitted. You will be responsible for the content of Your submitted Personal Data, and You will be responsible for such information to keep it truthful, correct and up to date. Please remember that Personal Data You share with other Users may become public.
MuseScore will not modify or adapt Your Personal Data.
How do You know Your Personal Data are secure?
MuseScore will use adequate technical protection, by using technology commonly used for that purpose, to ensure that your Personal Data remains secure and protected from third party unauthorized access or alteration, loss, or theft.
What happens to Your Personal Data when You close Your Account?
If You choose to terminate Your Account, Your Personal Account Data will be deleted by MuseScore. Please note, however, that other Users may retain some information or data that You previously shared, and MuseScore will have no responsibility for such shared information or any other information You choose to make publicly available.
Who can you contact if you have questions?
The Website is operated from Belgium, and therefore Belgian law applies (including its implementation of Data Protection Laws). Only Belgian courts will have jurisdiction.
Personal Data: means data that are considered by applicable Data Protection Law to be personal data, typically because they allow an individual to be identified, including for clarity Personal Account Data. When non-personal data are combined with Personal Data, they are both treated as Personal Data.
Personal Account Data: means the Personal Data necessary for opening a User account (e.g., e-mail address, username and password).
Data Protection Laws: means applicable laws governing data protection and privacy. Throughout the European Union, this means the relevant implementations of the EU Directive 95/46/EC dated 24 October 1995 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (Official Journal L 281 of 23/11/1995), any replacement legislation, or any similar regulation under any applicable law, and any regulatory requirements or codes of practice governing the use, storage or transmission of Personal Data.
Copyright © 2011 MuseScore BVBA. All rights reserved
23 February 2011