I was curious if there was a way to make a gock shot using the new MDL
would love to preset automatic sticking, for CMD/T shortcut
I really love mdl but i really want the new sounds to be added and I dont think we have gotten an update since about a week after it came out
As you think about Writing for DrumLine Battle, there's a few rules you'll want to keep in mind:
1. Basically Any Instrument is OK as long as you can carry it on and carry it off. No 23 Octave Marimbas on wheels.
2. There are restrictions on power sources, but guitars and basses with Amps can be used.
3. The performance time needs to be between 90 seconds and 120 seconds. (min half to two minutes).
So, get creative and let's get some music written!
Here is a link to
MuseScore Drumline (1.0) - Introduction to MuseScore Drumline
Additional guides are below. More will be added ASAP.
What other guides, tutorials or lessons would you like to see?
What would you like to learn, anything related to percussion, marching, arranging, whatever, that maybe MuseScore could help with?
This group is for talking about anything Sparks-related and uploading any scores with something to do with Sparks (that you have created).
I just posted a score using the new MDL drumline and it isnt making any sounds
Sparks is an american band comprising of two eccentric Los Angeles born brothers named Russell Mael and Ronald Mael. They have been making albums for nearly fifty years, and over that time they have made albums scaling various genres including glam rock, arena rock, disco, new wave, techno, classical, minimalism, etc.
[And have been influenced many bands]
The lyrics to their songs are generally witty, smart-arse, and most of the time, hilarious.
(Ron writes the songs, and Russell sings them)
Here is a list of their discography (Studio Albums):
- Sparks (1971)
- A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing (1972)
- Kimono My House (1974)
- Propaganda (1974)
- Indiscreet (1975)
- Big Beat (1976)
- Introducing Sparks (1977)
- No.1 In Heaven (1978)
- Terminal Jive (1980)
- Whomp That Sucker (1981)
- Angst In My Pants (1982)
- In Outer Space (1983)
- Pulling Rabbits Out of A Hat (1984)
- Music That You Can Dance To (1985)
- Interior Design (1988)
- Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins (1996)
- Plagiarism (1998)
- Balls! (2000)
- Lil' Beethoven (2002)
- Hello Young Lovers (2006)
- Exotic Creatures of the Deep (2008)
- The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman (2009)
[Not a Studio Album, but: Two Hands, One Mouth Tour (2012)]
- F.F.S. (2015) [Franz Ferdinand and Sparks]
- Hippopotamus (2017)
Ever wanted to get paid just to drum, talk about drumming, think about drumming - all day long?
Do you love technology, internet, social media?
Interested to work in a fast-paced, Rock 'n' Roll environment - literally (company was recently acquired by Ultimate Guitar)?
MuseScore, one of the world’s largest community for musicians, is looking for a Community Manager - Percussion to join our fast-growing team.
- Chops - DCI/WGI level
- Live to drum, love to write for percussion
- Able to work independently, see an opportunity and act
- Able to create a plan and execute against metrics
- Comfortable speaking on camera (instructional video, webcasts, interviews, etc.)
- Proficient with all forms of social media
- Experience with video or audio a definite plus
- Knowledge of all forms of percussion - drum set, concert percussion, keyboard percussion, with a deep knowledge of marching percussion
- University degree is NOT required - we care more about your practical knowledge, skills, creativity
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all percussion-related activities and content on Musescore.com
- Responsible for user growth and increased engagement within percussion segment
- Propose YOUR ideas for innovative solutions to reach goals
- Manage the development of MuseScore Drumline 2.0 (next generation of current product https://musescore.org/en/mdl)
- Be engaged in entire MDL development process - design, built, launch, support
- Manage relationships with percussion brands and influencers
- Have freedom to solve complex tasks and use non-standard approaches.
- Travel to and present at top conferences and events - PASIC, BOA, WGI, DCI, TMEA, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- Get paid well doing something you truly love
- Opportunity to make a major impact in percussion education
- Travel - not only experience life overseas, but regularly return to US for conferences & events
- Opportunity to learn new skills or explore different responsibility on the project. BTW - we have no hierarchy, only responsibilities
- A literal Rock 'n' Roll atmosphere and approach to development
- Beautiful office in the city center and no dress code
- We work differently - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Breakfast, soup, sandwiches served free throughout the day
- Push a button and get a coffee, tea, coke or even a Jack Daniel’s delivered to your desk
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should simply send a brief email outlining their qualifications/experience (full resume/CV optional) to daniel@muses**re.com with subject - Community Manager - Percussion.
Candidates should be prepared for a brief 10-15 minute discussion via FaceTime/Google Meet. Understanding that many potential candidates could likely be currently touring, bandcamping, etc., we can be very flexible in accommodating schedule.
P.S. - Job is located in Europe. Candidates should be prepared to relocate, but with frequent travel to US. Relocation expenses covered by company.
I am a percussionist who loves to write percussion parts, but there is a issue that bugged me for a very long time - there are only few cymbal sounds/notations.
I believe that one way that an arranger could make the music lively is through usage of various cymbals. However, Musescore is stuck with only few cymbal sounds and they are extremely basic (splash, crash, china, HH, hand crash). My suggestion is that more cymbals should be added through MDL. Marching art is one of the fields of music that uses heaps of cymbals, and MDL is a great chance to elaborate on Musescore's depressing number of cymbals.
Here are some of my suggestions:
- Cymbal chokes
- Swish knocker (sizzle)
- Cymbal rolls + gong roll
- Zil-bel, bell plate, ect.
- More splash (china, trashformer, ect.)
Adding these cymbals will definitely make the marching band/DCI arrangement very lively and interesting to listen to.
I have installed Musescore 2.3 and MDL 1.1, but nothing I do seems to get the new sounds to work with my old scores. For some reason, saving to score does not work. What do I need to do?
Hey guys, i've been taking my High school's show and putting it into musescore so we can have an audio version to practice with personally, but I am struggling with the drumline. Here is the score: https://musescore.com/user/7466921/scores/5199475#comments if anyone knows why I can't upload the drumline parts please let me know!
I've been working with Musescore's software to write music for my drum line group, but when we go back to play the music the Unison Bass Clicks and Hits are always silent? Does anyone know a solution to make them have the sounds they're suppose to?
Do you typically try to support users here or in the general support forums? MDL looks good so far. But navigating Musescore's website is rather lame especially trying to search for specific problems. I'm having better luck with Google using inurl:musescore.com
Just wondering if you guys have an inside hack for support, or are you just paining through reading all of the support forums looking for MDL related stuff.
Here is a support question for you guys:
does MDL support additional soundfonts? this is pretty much going to determine whether I get it or not.
When will the suspended cymbal be added
Please help! I just upgraded to Musescore 2.3.2. I have been trying to install the MDL extension. It appears to be installing. It will get past "Please wait, loading soundfonts..." then it will sit there for a little while and then Musescore will close. When I open it back up there are only a few soundfonts under Zerberus in the Synthesizer. This last time it loaded MDL_BassLine.sfz, MDL_CymbalLine.sfz, MDL_DrumSet.sfz, MDL_Flubs.sfz, and MDL_Snare.sfz. I have tried to manually add the rest of them and can add a couple, but there are a couple that when I try to add it tells me "Cannot load SoundFont C:/Users/Owner/Documents/MuseScore2/Extensions/mdl/1.1/sfzs/MDL_TenorLine.sfz"
My system requirements far exceed the minimum requirements for the software.
Can someone please help!
I seem to be having an issue trying to upload a score with MDL sounds... I haven't had this problem until now and I've tried both saving synth to score and save to online in the application. I always get a very long processing screen and then a blank page. The download link also provides only errors, however when I go to update the score the file is there.