*pulls out a huge gun*
give me pro or i will cry
*pulls out a huge gun*
Does anyone here have a PPL? I was considering getting one...
Hey, no advertisement intended.
I created a musescore dark theme, that is available at userstyles.org. To aply it you have to get the addon stylish or stylus.
I just wanted to inform you people, that there are ways, to use musescore in a more eyepleasing way at nocturnal hours. (not talking about taste here;) )
Other styles are available too. Also there are diffrent addons to globaly change your browser. Just browse the addon /plugin pages of your webbrowser.
Thought I mention this, because a while ago, I asked myself here if something like that is possible to the developers, while some other people also where interested.
Wouldn't that be useful, and more importantly, why isn't this a thing yet?
Inspired the game over at MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1518596), let's count upwards and see how far we can go until a count breaker (listed below) comments and makes us start over.
(The title is kept for historical significance. Count breakers were Pro users with 200+ followers in Season 1)
- A player may only post once every 24 hours** or after another player has posted, whichever comes first.
- A post by a count breaker (listed below) restarts the count (that post is 0).
- The count must go up in order (no missing numbers).
- A counter who holds the last post of a run of at least 10 becomes a place holder.
- A counter can only hold one place at a time. If they win a run that is higher than their record on the board, their record is updated; otherwise, the run is ignored and not placed.***
- Top 3 place holders become count breakers next season (this includes staff).
- The season restarts every 12 pages.
- A run is allowed to spill into the next season, up to a maximum of one page. The new count breakers start as soon as the count is broken or when the count reaches the second page, whichever comes first.*
- MuseScore staff (those with the "staff" badge) count as normal, but they can additionally nullify a count breaker's 0 post and turning it into a regular count post by posting immediately after it (i.e. with no post in between). The staff's post should be x+2, where x is the number in the post immediately before the count was broken.****
* Introduced in Season 3
** Introduced in Season 6
*** Introduced in Season 7
**** Introduced in Season 10
As a courtesy, if your post is wrong because someone posted before you, edit your post instead of deleting it.
Current Season: Season 10
Next Season: Page 121
Count breakers for Season 10:
- Aqueous Humourati
Example (* means a count breaker, ** means staff):
1. A: 1
2. B: 2
3. C: 3
4. D*: 0
5. C: 1
6. E*: 0 :P
7: F**: 3 :P :P
8: A: 4
... and so on.
Records for Season 10 (records start at 10):
1. Jaybird1, 25: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=114#comment-5009596
2. LeptuneX, 17: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=113#comment-5002045
3. Pianodudette, 16: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=115#comment-5019201
4. Kenobunny, 15: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=113#comment-5003587
5. tPenguinLTG, 13: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=111#comment-4995533
All-time record: 630, mike320 (Season 4): https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=49#comment-3297911
Records for Season 1: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=13#comment-2905856
Records for Season 2: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=25#comment-3227841
Records for Season 3: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=37#comment-3290251
Records for Season 4: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=50#comment-3297916
Records for Season 5: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=61#comment-4241411
Records for Season 6: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=74#comment-4877543
Records for Season 7: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=85#comment-4925782
Records for Season 8: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=97#comment-4948484
Records for Season 9: https://musescore.com/groups/discussion-group/discuss/2380751?page=109#comment-4980393
I'll start: 1
In this release, we published major fixes related to crashes and freezes of the interface.
* Fixed the problem of "black screen" while opening a score.
* Fixed a lot of freezes.
* Fixed "without auth" mode.
If you run into problems, I’m waiting for you in the comments under this post.
Did MuseScore just run out of money, switch to a new IT staff (idk the technical names of anything development related), or just completely give up on life? It seems as though the site was great before and Songbook was good. Since then everything has gone to crap with poor costumer support/money scams*, new daily bugs, and old function-breaking bugs. You can’t even play scores without the musescore app. I hope made the point clear for anyone living under a rock for the past several months, I just want to know if anyone knows the story on this site's downfall?
Overall the issues with bugs in the website and app have been a major turnoff for me and the fellow users I know irl and got involved in MuseScore in the first place.
EDIT: *Money scams- too strong of a phase, my apologies. I was referring to the trouble cancelling a free trail and the subsequent $49.99 charge for an unwanted annual membership.
Hi! Introduce yourself!
Does someone know of a good video or article that will explain how to change out the sound fonts for a piece?
Preferably something easy to follow for someone who isn’t very good with technology.
Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated!
This is a problem which has existed for quite a while, and it would be good to sort it out definitively.
Many of us use the "Share" option to embed an HTML "iframe" of the MuseScore player in our own website. It's really useful for making practice files for choral societies and church choirs.
With a MuseScore file that creates its own playback, it usually doesn't matter which web browser you use: it plays normally. But if the score is sync'd to a performance recording on YouTube as the default sound source, then the playback doesn't work on all web browsers.
Here is the result of a test of various browsers which I ran today:
- Chrome 73.0.3683.75 = broken
- Edge 42.17134.1.0 = broken
- Firefox 65.0.2 = plays ok
- Internet Explorer 11.648.17134.0 = plays ok
- Opera 58.0.3135.107 = plays ok
- Vivaldi 2.3.1440.60 = plays ok
You can run the test yourself on my HTML page, where the SATB player is linked to a YouTube performance by Birmingham Conservatoire Chamber Choir:
Today marks the release of MuseScore Piano Roll. Piano Roll is a popular and convenient method to display piano notation in a way that not only simplifies learning a new piece for novice musicians who lack a teacher, it also beautifully visualizes each score.
(Video captured from https://musescore.com/classicman/scores/33715 )
Give it a try by simply clicking on the Piano Roll icon now available on all solo piano scores. Be sure to tell us what you think in Improving MuseScore.com!
All of these improvements are designed to not only make MuseScore.com the most valuable resource online for sharing and discovering great musical works but for learning them as well.
We hope you’ll be as excited about this new feature as we were to create it for you, and as always we look forward to your feedback.
This is just the first of an exciting series of updates and releases for MuseScore PianoRoll; we're already hard at work on improving the experience!
How’s y’alls week been?
The title says it all. https://musescore.com/henryclemens/untitled-piano-solo
Musescore's customer support is horrendous. I have tried sending multiple emails which have all been ignored, and Musescore pro charges in annual $49 payments? I have tried to cancel my trial subscription after settling on a different website for transcription, and when that didn't go through, I was charged. I am a high school student and I am trying to dispute this, but Musescore's complete disregard for their customer base is disappointing for such an excellent website.
Spam allowed. xD
I wonder how quick we will get pass 10,000
Age old argument. Whatcha think?