New contest 7-18-14
Ok, admittedly, the last contest was a fiasco but this is a real contest, honest. There will be no reanimated judges, no secret invisible winning compositions, no fake winning free trip to a tropical paradise. Instead, here is the deal:
1. only compositions that are actually visible to all can be submitted and entered.
2. The administrator chinadoll (who will not be allowed to enter the contest) will be the sole judge.
3. Entries must be original compositions.
4. Each person entering may submit multiple compositions.
5. Any composition either already posted or newly posted between 7-18 and 10-31 may be entered. to enter, just post a composition or request that one already posted be entered.
6. Entries will be judged based on originality/novelty, humor, silliness, and fun.
7. All compositions will receive a detailed critique of at 30-50 words in length (if that matters to you) by the administrator
8. The prize for the winner will be the honor of winning.
9. The contest will end 10-31-14 and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced at this site shortly thereafter.
10. of course, all this is assuming anyone actually enters the contest...
New contest 7-18-14
Hey guys I really just wanted to hear this played and if you could get your line to play this and get a recording of it I would be eternally greatful. I would love to hear how it sounds on the actual drums lol so if you have questions let me know here or on facebook
Matthew Kowalski THANKs
I am looking for some music for my young band to play at concerts and competitions.
I need 3 Cornet/Trumpet parts, 1 Euphonium part, 2 Baritone parts, 3/4 Trombone parts, 1 Tuba part and 2 Horn parts. I do not mind if their is not all the parts since i can do them myself. I just need inspiration.
This is probably my favorite group. What about you? :)
I wrote some new lyrics for https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Eternal_Father,_Strong_to_Save
and was wondering if anyone would be interested in arranging for the second 4 verse version.
i played viva la vida in an african marimba band, only knowing the melody and chords...first time i have written anything...its alright
Do you feel that there are many things to be improved on when it comes to drums on musescore? For example, musescore is unable to play rolls even when you add the tremolo. Tenors aren't an option on musescore, nor are different pitched bass drums. You could always use a drum set staff, but it would be easier to make tenors as an instrument. Also musescore should have the capability to change sounds/ instruments for one staff, for an auxilary player for example. What else could be improved when it comes to percussion?
Can somebody PLEASE make a score for Talkin out the side of your neck by Cameo, you know like the ones that the college pep bands do, it doesnt have to be terribly long but I would like all parts including percussion
Hey I have some great DCI stuff to share, but I can't because there's a limit to how much groups you can share a song with. If you can just look throug my sheet music that would be great :)
Hello everyone, I am tehdude15, and I will be assuming authority of the Brass group until Januslj gets back from hiding in the woods (metaphorically). This group is just a division of The Master Composers/Arrangers:
I am going to host a contest. The winner of this contest moves up to the finalist round hosted in The Master Composers/Arrangers group. Here are the rules:
1- Submit your best Star Wars arrangement.
2- It can be any song from any Star Wars movies, arranged by you without help from someone else.
3- Your score has to be at least 20 seconds long (no limit to how long it can be).
4-Voting will open 12am (Pacific Time), May 15, 2012.
5-Voting will close on 7pm (Pacific Time), May 18, 2012.
6-You cannot vote on your own composition FOR WHATEVER REASON.
7-Tell me your entry as soon as possible.
8-Do not enter a composition with impossible parts.
9-Just because this is a Brass group, it doesn't mean your entry piece has to be all brass. It could be a Bagpipe Quartet for all I care.
Email your MuseScore name and the name of your entry piece, with correct capitalization, to email@example.com
Join The Master Composers/Arrangers if you want to vote in the finalist round.
I am lenient on rule 8.