New contest 7-18-14
Ok, admittedly, the last contest was a fiasco but this is a real contest, honest. There will be no reanimated judges, no secret invisible winning compositions, no fake winning free trip to a tropical paradise. Instead, here is the deal:
1. only compositions that are actually visible to all can be submitted and entered.
2. The administrator chinadoll (who will not be allowed to enter the contest) will be the sole judge.
3. Entries must be original compositions.
4. Each person entering may submit multiple compositions.
5. Any composition either already posted or newly posted between 7-18 and 10-31 may be entered. to enter, just post a composition or request that one already posted be entered.
6. Entries will be judged based on originality/novelty, humor, silliness, and fun.
7. All compositions will receive a detailed critique of at 30-50 words in length (if that matters to you) by the administrator
8. The prize for the winner will be the honor of winning.
9. The contest will end 10-31-14 and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced at this site shortly thereafter.
10. of course, all this is assuming anyone actually enters the contest...
New contest 7-18-14
We need to get more sheet music up. Do you all not agree. I propose that we upload every song with mallets in it. Who wants to second that motion?
We need everyones' help to get more and more people to join so the learners may learn more tecniques and play some diverse sheet music. Who all agrees?
This is a page for all songs including mallet percussion. If you have a song that includes mallet percussion then please post it so that way we can all learn from each other on how to perfect our skills on the mallet instruments.
This is probably my favorite group. What about you? :)
i played viva la vida in an african marimba band, only knowing the melody and chords...first time i have written anything...its alright
Do you feel that there are many things to be improved on when it comes to drums on musescore? For example, musescore is unable to play rolls even when you add the tremolo. Tenors aren't an option on musescore, nor are different pitched bass drums. You could always use a drum set staff, but it would be easier to make tenors as an instrument. Also musescore should have the capability to change sounds/ instruments for one staff, for an auxilary player for example. What else could be improved when it comes to percussion?