I really want to play Netflix trip for my school talent show. but there is no marching band or concert band version of it. i f someone could help me find one or compose one for me plz. It would be greatly appreciated.
Composers, please try to compose midnight sun, it has an alto sax solo that literally made me cry, if someone made it, I would be so down to record it on my alto sax and send it to you, thanks!
That's a little thing I wrote, I would love to get some advice from you
I want your honest opinion on this transcription
In addition to MDL, I think many could agree that MuseScore also needs MFE (MuseScore Front Ensemble), to work in conjuction with MFE as a soundfont. I understand it is hard to get nice sounds on an open-source software, but it would be nice to have. Here are suggestions for the soundfont in mind:
- Marimba (with 3 hardnesses); the marimba sounds a little bit like a toy xylophone with a deeper voice. It doesn't sound very rich.
- Vibraphone (with 3 hardnesses); the vibes don't exactly sound metallic enough
- Xylophone (with 2/3 hardnesses)
- Glockenspiel (with 2 hardnesses)
- Chimes/Tubular bells (with 2 hardnesses); the chime sound isn't round enough and is a bit abrasive in timbre
- Gong (PLEASE)
- Suspended/China cymbals with pre-recorded rolls and hits on different sizes (similar to what VDL does)
And as well, a nice function that could be EXTREMELY useful is the ability to upload samples into a score by mp3 or wav.
the glug: https://www.polyphone-soundfonts.com/en/files/24-sound-effects/479-glug
let me know if this works and then I can add more, thanks
Hey, I am currently super busy!! Before I start, I'll lay out what my week tends to be:
Monday: Double/triple up on schoolwork. Once a month is nursing home music night (which I can't miss, considering I'm the pianist)
Tuesday: Currently I'm going to my aunt's. Soon will be Piano & Choir (if I go, which I am leaning more towards not going)
Wednesday: Work in the morning, Omnibus in the afternoon, Skating at 3pm, and will be home only for supper
Thursday: I go to my aunt's all day.
Friday: School (double/triple up as needed), Youth in evening.
Saturday: House cleaning
Sunday: Depending on which Sunday is: play piano for both services, nursing home services (I can't miss, I'm the pianist), go to my grandparents for lunch, have company over.
My problem I'm almost too busy for myself to do school.
How do you guys live with being super busy and having heavy schoolwork to do!?!?!?!?
I need advice!!!!!!!!!!
Please message me or comment what tends to work for you.
P.S. with the nursing home service/music night, that are highlights of my month!!!!!! and I can't quit now, consider i leave without them having any accompainment, 'cept a clarinet.
I have been composing a polonaise in Bb for the past few days. The A section of the polonaise is what I have written down. The A section of the A section is what my first few questions are about and is the exclusively diatonic section. The B section of the A section is more chromatic. I am asking these questions because they came up to me after listening to my own polonaise a few times.
1) Is the bass in the A section of the A section(bars 1-8 and 23-30) too dense?
2) In the consequent phrase(bars 5-8), is the bass too close to the melody? Should I bring it down an octave?
3) In the B section of the A section(bars 9-22), am I handling my chromaticism correctly or not?
4) Is it too much of me to expect a pianist to play a polonaise rhythm in octaves for the whole B section of the A section?
5) Do I smoothly transition into the inversion(left hand becomes right hand kind of inversion) or not?
6) Is my A section too repetitive with 2 periods and a motive sandwiched between the 2 periods and the repeat sign?
7) Is 30 bars enough for the A section of a piece that I expect to be 200 or so bars long, or should I extend my A section further?
Here is the link to my polonaise score:
How else do you think it could be improved? Right now, I'm thinking of what to put in the B section of my polonaise.
I just uploaded my first score to my profile. It's an original composition: an oboe solo with piano accompaniment. Please give it a listen if you can! Any and all feedback is much appreciated! thx :)
As a violin player I don´t know much about saxophone, so I would be interested in hearing what you think! Is it playable?
laughsilly (that's where you are now)
banana group https://musescore.com/groups/banana-group/discuss/5046069#comment-5108578
sound effects and fonts https://musescore.com/groups/fun-silly-amusing-crazy-outrageous-hilarious-soundfonts-and-sound-effects/
downy yellow dingle dork https://musescore.com/groups/the-downy-yellow-dingle-dork-extinction-group
dydd opera group