Im composing my first sonata. I`ve made the first movement. I would like somecritiques or reviews on it, and i`d like to get tips on how to make the other two movements better
thanks for your nice answers, to all others, who didnt hear this song yet, have fun
Im sorry, there are no more sax spots left... Alto Max: 5 and we have 5 and Tenor max: 2 and we have 2
oops I was late again but whatever
apparently, now all of a sudden, I can only get my music to play if it is the default soundfont. If I use another soundfont library such as the SChristian Collins 1.471, it just processes indefinitely when I press play. I do not see a solution to this. If I can only use the default soundfont in uploads, it makes no sense to upload anything anymore. So, unless I can fix this, I won't be posting any more. So it goes.
Um can you please do jingle bell rock in alto saxophone someone please thanks
I just had this idea come to mind. What if I combine the Waltz and the Sonata? Here is my proposed form:
I call the piece that I am composing, Valse Quasi una Sonata, which translates to Waltz almost like a Sonata. As you can see from the image, I use the Dominant more as a bridge than a true Dominant. This is how I bridge to the Subdominant with the Dominant:
C major -> C minor chord(or the note Eb) -> Bb major
I have this bass pattern occurring throughout the piece:
Root, Chord, Chord
Often the 2 chords will be an inversion apart, but when the right hand gets into the bass clef, the chords are sometimes the same. The Root is usually at least a fifth down from the first chord, but particularly with the F major chord, I find that I can only do that when the melody goes up high. If it stays in the first octave, I have to have the first F major chord be in first inversion, a third up from the root. The hardest part I have found so far about composing this piece is having the rhythm of the Waltz and the form of the Sonata, while keeping the piece coherent.
So what do you think of my idea of combining the rhythm of the Waltz with the form of the Sonata?
Do you guys have a discord server??
Where are they for alto?👿
Hello everyone! We were recently thinking about a collaboration we could do here, on Musescore. We were thinking we could gather a bunch of musicians who play instruments other than than piano (we'll also need one pianist) to perform a sort of group piece for a chamber ensemble. We'll also need someone who has a video editor that can combine multiple solo performances and make one group video. We are still thinking about what to do with the video.
1. We're not looking for any specific skill level, you just need to have some experience.
2. We unfortunately can only take at most three players for each instrument, so we don't too many of the same one.
I think this should be a fairly fun project, and we're accepting volunteers now! Please reply to this discussion if you want to participate or if you have any questions. :)
I am pretty new to composing (only started 2-3 years ago) and I would like any critique, feedback, or suggestions, etc. for some of my original comps.
This would be greatly appreciated Thanks :)
| LAKE OF SERENITY |
| RISE AND FALL |
4 2017 Original Comps
Hello everyone! I have been on Musescore for one full year (time passes very fast) since November 2018 and would like to inform you of the following:
1. Take note that I have changed my username to Littlemusicbear so that those from my other accounts will have easier access to my original compositions. My previous username is Bearsim. I am unlikely to change my username for this few years.
2. I would like to thank all users for your continued support for the past year and hop to receive your comments on my scores in time to come.
3. If your do not know much about my compositions, here's your chance. I learn and play classical Piano (ABRSM syllabus) and that's all. My composing is self taught, a little based on music theory, and of course, there are many of you who compose better than me... Do give advice for me to improve my skills.
4. Below is the link to my first anniversary special, with this I end my notice.