I wonder about this as a number of commenters seem highly critical of compositions that aren't according to musical conventions - with instruments out of order in the score, instruments being played outside their normal musical range, or absence or misuse of musical notations.
CCC#2 is here!
Based on the results of the survey I sent out on Friday 7th June, it occurred to me that several of the themes which I suggested, and asked you to vote on, would in fact fit quite nicely together. Therefore, for this second competition, I have found another painting by Caspar David Friedrich, since the response for “The Watzmann” was very good. I am also going to give a genre of music (as wide as possible, but still something to go on) and a short story available in the file below.
If you would like to help judge the competition, or have any other queries, please message on Musescore, or via discord @jte#9811
Details of the competition:
- The deadline will be in 4 weeks time (Saturday 29th June)
- The genre, as chosen by the survey will be “Film Music”. This is deliberately a very wide genre in order to give the contestants freedom of creativity. There will be an award for the most original take on the task, as with the first competition.
Obviously this theme can be interpreted to fit your desires.
- The painting (shown below) and the story are both in the google docs file. If you have any issues accessing this file, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to help.
- Your work must be completely original/all your own work.
- Be nice when critiquing other people’s work. Constructive criticism is fine, but don’t be rude. If you do, you will be disqualified from the competition and banned from the group.
- All pieces and comments must be appropriate.
Please let me know if you’re planning on taking part. I’d like to have an idea of who might be competing.
"I'll save you!"
(Insert more below.)
For Pete's sake let's talk about Music.!!!! (and no hijacking to talk about silliness, mentioning no names.....Chinadoll.!!!
I am finally done with this song, Ive been working on it for like a week, SO READY FOR THE CRITIQUE!!!
Hi! It would be amazing if you would take a look at my latest compositions. Unfortunately. the PDFs did not convert perfectly, though Piano Shelf seems to be able to convert more effectively. On Piano Shelf, you can't listen to the scores though, but if you want to print it, then please visit those links.
I have auditions coming up and I need a few songs that I can look into to start playing. Sophisticated Lady is the current piece I'm playing, but I'm curious as to what other classic jazz songs feature the bari sax.
I just started playing alto sax last week for a summer program and I think all in all it’s an easy instrument to start off on (maybe because I have been playing clarinet for 3 years). But I am still struggling with holding it. It’s very heavy and sometimes my thumb is swollen from holding it. My friend who has been playing alto sax for 4 years says my sax is bigger than hers. I’m sure its alto because my music teacher gave it to me and I can’t switch it out for a different one. Does anyone have any tips on how to hold the sax? Thxxx and I appreciate it- Flutinetist ^~^