I can't decide if I should switch to Baritone or Tenor Sax, or if I should stay an Alto Sax. Can you help me decide
I had this idea last year of composing a suite that represents different types of weather. But it wasn't until yesterday that I started composing part of this suite. As you can probably tell from the post title, this part of the suite is supposed to represent a storm. That is why I chose the key to be a minor key. I went with C minor because it is the easiest of the minor keys for me to improvise in. I would have used 8va for the sixteenth note runs in the right hand. Problem is, the section that would be 8va goes by so fast that I'm not sure where to start the 8va. Similar thing goes for where I would typically use a clef change. So outside of the first few bars, I haven't put in any 8va markings or clef changes.
I have been doing these things to get across the feeling of a storm in the piece:
- Keep the 16th note momentum up except for places where I decide to use a harmonic progression
- Use scalar passages with leaps to represent the strong wind
- Stark dynamic contrast(Like it quickly goes from pianissimo to fortissimo in the beginning 5 bars)
- Staccato to represent the rain
- Fast octaves to give a sense of turbulence(which is very fitting for music that is supposed to sound like a storm)
- Use the Fate Motif underneath a long scalar passage to give the feeling of a lightning flash
- Use harmonic progressions to represent the thunder
- Use diminished 7ths more often than dominant 7ths
Here is the link to the piece if you want to give me feedback on what I have so far of it:
Hi all, i would like to have a chord analyser :-)
it should works like this steps:
- Import a Midifile
- 1. function -> Analysis of the Harmony
- 2. function -> write the chord at right part on the score
maybe with the same function(analysis of harmony) it's possible to create a new voice for example the 3. or the 5. -> it would be a great help for choir scores.
Thank you for your great work.
Finished arranging Dance With the Devil by Breaking Benjamin! I've got a few other scores finished that will be on their way shortly!
Well pride month is half way done and I was wondering what was everyone has been doing for pride?
Is it interesting for you to have a posibility to filter searching results by key signature?
For example, you search 'Mozart', filter by instrument 'Piano', and then filter by key signature like '2 sharps'.
Does it really have demand?
Thank you for your answers!
Please look and comment on some of them @Doomsday2020 is my account profile
I (and my choir) want to add "Elanor Rigby" (Version King Singers) to our program. I've been looking for a midi - file to create rehearsal- aids, found nothing!
Soooooo - I tried the pdf - converter and actually did get a mscx - file back, only I can't open it. Apparently it was created with MS 3.0
I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 with MS 2.3.2 No matter what I've tried so far ,y computer refuses to update to MS 3.0
Any chance that anyone can / will / would help me and convert the mscx - file to midi?
Thank you so much in advance.