still, a work in progress need feedback and a name for the piece I'm open to ideas I'm not going to get offended if you say it's not that good
how would I would I write in sizz sucks in mdl?
Hello my friends! Please check out my new score for violin and strings... Unfortunately I must say it has nothing to do with bananas.......
Obs: How do I add new score sheets to the group?
Thanks to all the new members for joining our banana party. There seem to be quite a few 'banana' composers here at musescore, whether ithe music is about the fruit banana or banana fish or banana fairies or whatever or if the music is just plain banana silly. Post your music, tell your friends. I even heard that some higher up in the government was thinking of joining since they have lots of experience in being completely bananas.
Oh, I said it in the title. Anyone?
I've been sitting on this group for over a year without really doing anything with it. Its original purpose was to bring together the drum corps community on MuseScore by allowing others to post their own drum corps arrangements. In my original post on this group, I mentioned that I wanted to start a series of competitions that you guys can participate in, and I'm happy to say that I'm going to give a go, starting today!
So, what is the first competition?
I want to start off with something simple: Create a drum corps arrangement for any song that has a color in its name.
Here are the rules:
- Follow typical drum corps format (3 trumpet, 2 mellophone, 3 baritone, 1-2 tuba)
- You don't need to include percussion, but it might increase your chances of winning
- Only submit one arrangement per person!
- Arrangement must be at least 1:30 long, but no more than 5:00
When you're ready to enter, just reply to this post with a link to your arrangement.
So, if you win... what do you actually win? In the future, I hope to offer a month of Musescore Pro to winners. Maybe if enough people show interest? For this first competition, though, I will post the winner's arrangement to my YouTube channel, with a link(s) to whatever you want to advertise. Your YouTube, your Instagram, whatever!
Assuming people actually participate, I plan to end this competition by Monday, 10/21. Have fun!
Hey everyone, I am working on rewriting a piece but after opening MuseScore the next morning after working on the piece a bit, I get no sound playback at all. Could someone please help me?
Thanks in advance, Lukas
What instruments do you play?
Hope y'all are having a great day!
Please check out my new piece for solo piano ( Rondo Comique):
FEEDBACK IS MORE THAN WELCOME AND MUCH APPRECIATED!
In addition to MDL, I think many could agree that MuseScore also needs MFE (MuseScore Front Ensemble), to work in conjuction with MFE as a soundfont. I understand it is hard to get nice sounds on an open-source software, but it would be nice to have. Here are suggestions for the soundfont in mind:
- Marimba (with 3 hardnesses); the marimba sounds a little bit like a toy xylophone with a deeper voice. It doesn't sound very rich.
- Vibraphone (with 3 hardnesses); the vibes don't exactly sound metallic enough
- Xylophone (with 2/3 hardnesses)
- Glockenspiel (with 2 hardnesses)
- Chimes/Tubular bells (with 2 hardnesses); the chime sound isn't round enough and is a bit abrasive in timbre
- Gong (PLEASE)
- Suspended/China cymbals with pre-recorded rolls and hits on different sizes (similar to what VDL does)
And as well, a nice function that could be EXTREMELY useful is the ability to upload samples into a score by mp3 or wav.